[Q&A][AOKP][4.4] AOKP Questions & Answers

Search This thread

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

AOKP 4.4

e2ud46C.jpg

For the HTC One XL / AT&T & Rogers One X (Evita)

Click link here>> [ROM][Evita][Nightlies][4.4.2]AOKP - Unofficial <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help.

It's always best to thank a ROM OP in lieu of simply posting "thankyou".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP

z7e6jQa.jpg

Sent from my Evita

Last edited by a moderator:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
As an RC I've been asked to get these threads started. They need to conform to a certain template so I write them up and post them, then I organise for the ownership of the q&a thread to be transferred to the OP of the ROM.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: Z1cK

53l3c7a

Nov 13, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Timmaaa! I kept looking on this section and didn't see this tjread.

Now I can finally ask - will long-press back be implemented? It's ever so satisfying to kill apps with it.

Sent from my HTC One X (Evita) running AOKP Unofficial nightlies 1.7 and Torched 3.2 No OC/VC.

Last edited:

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
Thanks Timmaaa! I kept looking on this section and didn't see this tjread.

Now I can finally ask - will long-press back be implemented? It's ever so satisfying to kill apps with it.

Sent from my HTC One X (Evita) running AOKP Unofficial nightlies 1.7 and Torched 3.2 No OC/VC.

Thats up to the AOKP team I just compile the rom for them. It should if it was on 4.3 AOKP. All 4.4.2 roms are started from scratch and coding the features to the rom which is why features are now pouring out. Ill let you know as soon as an update releasesthe specific feature.

Reactions: 53l3c7a

53l3c7a

Nov 13, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Thats up to the AOKP team I just compile the rom for them. It should if it was on 4.3 AOKP. All 4.4.2 roms are started from scratch and coding the features to the rom which is why features are now pouring out. Ill let you know as soon as an update releasesthe specific feature.

Sounds good. Nothing life threatening.

Sent from my HTC One X (Evita) running AOKP Unofficial nightlies 1.8 and Torched 3.2 No OC/VC.

Reactions: Xak

53l3c7a

Nov 13, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Good to hear. Hows the rom in your opinion? Buttery smooth? :p 1.90 uploading now. Link on thread when done.

Its been great! I haven't stayed on a ROM this long in months. For a while I jumped back and forth between various 4.3 and 4.4 AOSP builds and Sense. This ROM fulfills 95% of what Sense does, and satisfies my need for the bleeding edge.

That's not really a fair comparison since Sense is basically stock, and this is scratch built. I'm amazed at how perfect this can be on 4.4, since so many 4.3 ROMs were either very barebones or on the buggy side. No more reboots or SODs! I think my particular Evita is a little flaky and requires extra voltage to be stable. Hey, I bought it refurbished for $50, so my expectations are low.

I'm very happy with AOKP. I have a Nexus 7 2013 as well, and its very nice to have nearly identical UIs between the two devices.

If only some genius dev could crack in-line headset controls on 3.4 kernels. Maybe we can get a bounty going to speed things up :)

Sent from my HTC One X (Evita) running AOKP Unofficial nightlies 1.8 and Torched 3.2 No OC/VC.

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
Its been great! I haven't stayed on a ROM this long in months. For a while I jumped back and forth between various 4.3 and 4.4 AOSP builds and Sense. This ROM fulfills 95% of what Sense does, and satisfies my need for the bleeding edge.

That's not really a fair comparison since Sense is basically stock, and this is scratch built. I'm amazed at how perfect this can be on 4.4, since so many 4.3 ROMs were either very barebones or on the buggy side. No more reboots or SODs! I think my particular Evita is a little flaky and requires extra voltage to be stable. Hey, I bought it refurbished for $50, so my expectations are low.

I'm very happy with AOKP. I have a Nexus 7 2013 as well, and its very nice to have nearly identical UIs between the two devices.

If only some genius dev could crack in-line headset controls on 3.4 kernels. Maybe we can get a bounty going to speed things up :)

Really glad you like it. As for the headset controls I can ask around but the devs I know of for this are usually busy with their own roms etc.

Reactions: raisage

raisage

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
min.us
Thanks! No expectations, and again, nothing urgent. Its cold in Wisconsin, so the less I have to reach in my pocket and take my gloves off the better :)

Ditto from Montreal :)

Thanks for your post 53l3c7a, I didn't realize that the inline controls didn't work until you mentioned it.
That goes a long way towards explaining a guy standing inside a bus shelter yelling at his expensive headset for not working (this guy) :p

Reactions: 53l3c7a

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
Hey techinstein..how's it going with making this official? These builds are great..good battery life as well!

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Herc08

Jan 30, 2013
Been trying different kitkat roms for a while now, but nothinig suits my needs. Guess sense has been spoiling me. Can't help but to like the calendar and clock widgets.

But I will try this out and see how it performs for what I use this phone for. Thank you for your hard work ans look forward to updates

Sent from my Evita using xda-developers app

jrocx

Jan 29, 2013
So is art not working on the current release? My ui crashed after I switch from dalvik to art...

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
So is art not working on the current release? My ui crashed after I switch from dalvik to art...

Hmm thats odd what version? of the rom. Does anyone else have this issue? Also try to see if it happens by switching again. Did you do a clean install of the rom when you first started this rom?

Edit:: Sorry guys no worries didnt die. Time Waner Cable had messed up our wireless and TV cable. Thank goodness they came to fix it even on a Sunday. Took 3 calls for them to. Ill my college homework is online. :p But wifi is fxed nightlies will be back tonight!

Last edited:

jrocx

Jan 29, 2013
Hmm thats odd what version? of the rom. Does anyone else have this issue? Also try to see if it happens by switching again. Did you do a clean install of the rom when you first started this rom?

Edit:: Sorry guys no worries didnt die. Time Waner Cable had messed up our wireless and TV cable. Thank goodness they came to fix it even on a Sunday. Took 3 calls for them to. Ill my college homework is online. :p But wifi is fxed nightlies will be back tonight!

Yes, I've wiped everything but the internal storage. I'm using the latest build and before I had no problems at all switching from dalvik to art. Just recently I've developed problems. Could it be an app, or kernel related? I believe I was using torched latest...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Much respect to you and your efforts! Also happy to see you put something together @Techinstein!
    You are awesome , no need to apologies !!!

Sent from my One xl

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

This is a cm screen shot ?!.....

Sent from my One xl

Thanks

Version 2.11 be uploaded and released in an hour or so. I am planning on adding Halo what do you guys think? Will be a 2 in 1 thread again once i have official version. >.-
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one because I don't use it.

Sent from my Evita