play store error 403

Search This thread

0ground0

Sep 19, 2010
Hi,

Yesterdat I decided to flash a new rom to my galaxy tab 2 10 inch. This because I was still running JB en good KK roms are available.
First I made a backup with TWRP. Then I needed to update my recovery so i decided to go with CWM. After this is done I installed omnirom.

Here starts the problem. Everything is working fine except for play store. When i try to download a app (I can browse) it says "appname can not be downloaded due to an error (403)" . After googling and trying some stuff with my internet connection it still didn't work, so I decided to change to Dhollmen. Here the same problem.

Now I decided to restore my backup. iFirst I needed to install TWRP again (i thought they were compitable with each other backups, but it turns out not). I restored my old backup (it showd one fail) and now it is also the same on my old rom, oncly CM 10.2 shows the error" error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-3]"

does anybody know how to fix this?

thanx in advance!

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
Hey, I just read that the play store is having issues and that many users are getting the 403 error. So give it a bit and I'm sure it'll be back up soon.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

0ground0

Sep 19, 2010
Thank you for your reaction,

I just wiped everything again last night and installed omnirom again, and it is working now. So it was pure coincidence that the play store was out or it didn't wipe the caches correctly with CWM.

Anyway, it is solved now