Change OS

Search This thread

johnrich23

Mar 19, 2012
Is it possible to change my phone's OS from rogers(north american) to a legal Asian one? Is it safe? Is there a safe way to do it? If yes, will I get the 4.2 update from Asia?

I really want to get that update without flashing/rooting (scared hard bricked a phone once)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
The only way to do it is to unlock your bootloader, get s-off, apply the updates manually. Applying official updates is a bit involved so if you're not confident I'd advise against it. You could just flash a ROM though which will essentially get the same result.

Sent from my Evita

johnrich23

Mar 19, 2012
Are the official updates available here on XDA? and are there steps how to do this?

About applying them. Is it ok to use the one for Asia? I believe I've done this safely before I bricked my phone during flashing before.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You can use the one for Asia but you're gonna need to unlock your bootloader, get s-off, get SuperCID, and root anyway to do it. If you're gonna do that you might as well just flash a ROM. Flashing a ROM is much easier and you get a better result. You won't brick if you don't do anything stupid.

Sent from my Evita