Something is seriously wrong with my battery life

Search This thread

Mystery?

Dec 19, 2010
My battery life on 4.3 stock was 8 hours screen time (half brightness I believe)
Rooted and flashed a custom rom and kernel 7hr30min screen time
Flashed different kernels dropped to 6hr max screen time (without factory reset)
After installing Xposed and many many modules the screen time kept dropping to like 5hr to 6hr
Updated to KitKat and rooted 4:30min to 5 HOUR MAX screen time PLUS phone got hot ALOT OF TIMES

***RIGHT NOW*** Flashed a custom ROM HyperDrive with Colonel X latest and Compulsion latest BOTH 3hr30min to 4hr30min MAX screen on (EVEN with Jovy23's kernel settings that got him AMAZING battery life with ConservativeX governor - It still did not fix the issue not even a little - I still like Compulsion which was awesome when I was on jellybean) :'(

All this is under one day. Same settings for all the above set ups. Whenever I flash a ROM I ALWAYS clean flash and I DO NOT have Titanium Backup NOR do I use any other restoration app. I tried to clear and format every partition. I formatted SD card. SAME issue. I am frustrated by the battery life; it DOES NOT last me a day when on stock unrooted it was easily 8 hours. Also I do not use auto-brightness cuz the sensor uses more battery, so it was on half-brightness)

Someone please help me. The worst thing about a phone is the battery life. I usually browse Chrome and Facebook and for these simple tasks my battery dies quickly (WTH?!). I can't even think about gaming (and I REALLY want to GAME), but I know the battery life would die so much.

Is my phone defective? I tripped Knox. I already had a warranty replacement in like the first 2 weeks cuz of Knox issues stock. WTH is wrong with my phone. I want to format and clean EVERY SINGLE THING on my phone to get it the 8 hours screen on time I used to get. No matter what I do my battery life right now WILL NOT go above 4hr30min to 5hrs screen on. I used to watch Netflix for quite a while back on my stock Jellybean / rooted Jellybean days, now it dies extremely fast.

What should I do? I was thinking of flashing AOSP so it cleans up whatever Touchwiz and Samsung related is on my phone and then re-flash touchwiz so everything is set up correctly. I tried to use the mega-wipe script for a certain Note 3 model but it stopped at like 10% to 20%, so that route did not go well (I manually wiped everything data, internal, etc, before flashing many ROMs and this problem persisted).

I cannot do anything good on my phone until this issue is fixed. I hate clean-flashing and setting up things (I think titanium backup and stuff screws up your system) all the time. I cannot game, I cannot download good apps, I cannot do anything that is not online based or can be backed up online. Apparently my battery state is stated as "good" on the system.

DrawnToLife

Jun 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't have time to read the whole thing, but I only got 4 hours of screen on time with JB, and about the same on KK so.. Maybe you were just lucky pre-KK?

Sent from my Rogers SM-N900W8!

msasm09

Feb 29, 2012
Nasr City
Try to Install "Battery Guru" and"Wakelock Detector"

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited: