Porting i9000 gingerbread to i9003

Search This thread

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Hi all , as the title says is there any way to port gingerbread to i9003?

What are all the changes that have to be done in the gingerbread rom to make it work with i9003?
Can we take the drivers for i9000 from its original firmware and merge it with gingerbread.

I know if we flash the wrong firmware it wont go past the samsung logo. But what is making it to stop there??
1.Hardware Drivers?.
2.Phone model conflict.?

Post your ideas and opinions.....

ross_ctr

Jul 12, 2010
Heathfield
I don't think it would be possible, not without ALOT of work anyway. I think I remember 'curio tweeting about it having completely different hardware, although I could well be wrong...

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Curio only said that the audio hadware is different. Why cant we remove the drivers of i9000 from that gingerbread rom and replace it with i9003 drivers. May be it is easy to say but hard to achieve, i want to take some initial steps towards it...

Any guidance from developers will be helpful

runedrune

Nov 6, 2010
Lahore
Curio only said that the audio hadware is different. Why cant we remove the drivers of i9000 from that gingerbread rom and replace it with i9003 drivers. May be it is easy to say but hard to achieve, i want to take some initial steps towards it...

Any guidance from developers will be helpful

not just that. you guys have a different cpu/gpu too.

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Ya the CPU/GPU/CHIPSET/AUDIO are different, but we have all the required drivers and files in the i9003 original rom file. WHy cant we replace those in the gingerbread rom. I may be wrong , but its not at all impossible.

alcurtis93

Oct 31, 2010
You make it sound so easy. You can't just replace the drivers with i9003 ones without editing the software to be compatible with the new drivers. Just wait for gingerbread

Galaxy S - no point in writing rom or kernel constantly changing!

falex007

Apr 3, 2011
Ottawa
The linux kernel in Gingerbread is different. That's why drivers from old kernel can be incompatible. Also we don't have sources to compile new drivers.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

trip007in

Jun 7, 2010
Bangalore
None of the developers are interested in this phone. In spite of consistent requests we have not been provided a separate section at XDA:confused:. Either Admin does not like this phone or they are waiting for some developer to take initiative. Even the cheapest phone has a development thread within a short period of its release. May be its a fate of I9003 users:rolleyes:.

bekh

Mar 22, 2011
Doha
I think that all because the phone is available in specific countriea bot widly spread

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Premium App

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
None of the developers are interested in this phone. In spite of consistent requests we have not been provided a separate section at XDA:confused:. Either Admin does not like this phone or they are waiting for some developer to take initiative. Even the cheapest phone has a development thread within a short period of its release. May be its a fate of I9003 users:rolleyes:.

Been said before buy the devs a few phones they cannot work on something they have not got .They do not get paid to work on giving you a nice rom .

So please donate at least one I9003 .

jje

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
What do you do when you come home from work ??

Go out and buy a phone you dont want and start development work on it for no money as a hobby ??? . To give away to unknown persons .

Devs are people that work on stuff for free its a hobby not a job .

Personally if i was able to do all that development stuff i would be looking at the SGS 2 now .

jje

trip007in

Jun 7, 2010
Bangalore
What do you do when you come home from work ??

Go out and buy a phone you dont want and start development work on it for no money as a hobby ??? . To give away to unknown persons .

Devs are people that work on stuff for free its a hobby not a job .

Personally if i was able to do all that development stuff i would be looking at the SGS 2 now .

jje

May be what you are saying is right, but what is stopping XDA admin to provide us a separate section for I9003:confused:? Atleast we will have some hope seeing our own section... How can ppl reach a developer at a forum where we do not even know who is a developer here:confused:? Why will somebody even show interest in the development of the device which is not listed???:mad: that can be another reason. Its need to be popular for someone to be attracted. When I want to read posts related to my device here, I have search through 100s of I9000 posts, I have to search my own post in the forum, it goes untraceable. What do you think about this? do you think we need to donate the phone to XDA moderators too to create a section?

@JJE, do you mind telling us which phone do you own?

Last edited:

rex4u

Mar 8, 2008
@trip
If I remember correctly jje has a SGS.
He is one of the most helpful people around. I have read his posts in different phone's sections and found them to be helpful and motivating.
Even here his suggestion is practical.
All those wonderful people who develop for SGS (darky, curio,etc) own that device. We need to have developers from within our own group only first. Others could chip in and help us.

trip007in

Jun 7, 2010
Bangalore
Ok then lets donate a phone to darky or some reputed developer and ask to help us. But my point is we need separate section for the phone for all the developments posts and attract other developers. Its easy for some ppl to donate when they gain some thing in return, I mean to continue the development support.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
@ rex and @ trip

Contacted a moderator via mail. For getting a separate section for our mobile he says we have to keep on requesting in the "Android General" forum. Once there is 1000+ requests, they will decide about a new sub forum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @bala, lets do it then.
    Post daily in that request thread & all i9003 users add that thread link in your signature that way all new users will get to see that thread & will post request to cross 1000s post mark soon. Next 10-15 days we should have it done.

What do you say?