HTC One X VS OUR Nexus?

Search This thread

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
Anyone else think our galaxy nexus is outdated now that htc released its one x? i couldnt help thinking how smooth vanilla ics would be one that beast.

seeing the sense speed on it made me even more impressed.....

anyone care to discuss this?

Sent from my Google Nexus S using xda premium

dmmarck

Apr 11, 2011
Anyone else think our galaxy nexus is outdated now that htc released its one x? i couldnt help thinking how smooth vanilla ics would be one that beast.

Is that the one that's only getting 2 cores stateside?

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA

No lol. Not even close to a consideration here. It has Sense. And its not a Nexus... by the time this comes out the Nexus will be 5 months old and it still isn't a consideration for me.

Is that the one that's only getting 2 cores stateside?

Yes. Its gonna have Snapdragon S4 dual core (which should have good performance though) in order to have AT&T LTE.

Also, it only has 512mb RAM. Releasing in April... Really?

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
The phone hasn't been released. The quad core version might best the Nexus but still have sense.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Mitchmoney

Dec 23, 2010
HTC put themselves in trouble the way I see it.. they release a few new phones that are not very impressive.. yea it has ics and a few cool features and a quad core processor which every phone will soon have but not anything to die for... I would take a gsII over this and its a year old... and now with the GSIII coming out soon, this will be outdated in know time.. I'm slightly disappointed:/ so I will defiantly be holding on to my nexus for at least a year unless Samsung really impresses me!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
HTC put themselves in trouble the way I see it.. they release a few new phones that are not very impressive.. yea it has ics and a few cool features but not anything to die for... I would take a gsII over this and its a year old... and now with the GSIII coming out soon, this will be outdated in know time.. I'm slightly disappointed:/ so I will defiantly be holding on to my nexus for at least a year unless Samsung really impresses me!

The phones are quad core minus the at&t version.. how is that dated?

Mitchmoney

Dec 23, 2010
The phones are quad core minus the at&t version.. how is that dated?

I just realized I forgot to add that in so I modified my post but all phones will have quad core soon...dual core on my nexus is fast enough for me.. yea, a quad core wouldn't hurt but what they released is not eye opening to me..

Last edited:

jekyoo_style

Mar 22, 2010
Chicago
No lol. Not even close to a consideration here. It has Sense. And its not a Nexus... by the time this comes out the Nexus will be 5 months old and it still isn't a consideration for me.

Yes. Its gonna have Snapdragon S4 dual core (which should have good performance though) in order to have AT&T LTE.

Also, it only has 512mb RAM. Releasing in April... Really?

Why does it matter that it has Sense? You and majority of the people on XDA have a custom rom loaded. Even though the Galaxy Nexus has pure Android, many use a custom rom.

If you were given a phone with 512mb ram and 1gb of ram, I bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

An April release is considered good for Android. That's a little over a month away. Android manufacturers are notorious for announcing a device well before the release date.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
0_0

HTC sucks. After the hd2 there hasn't been one good device from them. Our device will not be outdated. Nexus s and Galaxy Nexus will be future proof. I'm only supporting Samsung they seem to be the only consistent company as far as devices.

How about releasing a quad core hd2 with a better display and ffc. That phone will never die. Endless support.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

Last edited:
Reactions: imperiallight

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Why does it matter that it has Sense? You and majority of the people on XDA have a custom rom loaded. Even though the Galaxy Nexus has pure Android, many use a custom rom.

Actually I don't have a custom ROM. That's why I bought a Nexus lol. And that doesn't mean I can't hate on Sense (had an Evo 4G, and I'm scarred for life). I'm glad they're making it lighter than previous versions, but its still there...

If you were given a phone with 512mb ram and 1gb of ram, I bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Thing is, its being released already behind on this spec. Phones already have 1gb RAM. It will be VERY tired with 512mb a year from now when I'm expected to still be using it. Not future proof at all with 512mb, that's my point.

An April release is considered good for Android. That's a little over a month away. Android manufacturers are notorious for launching a device well before the release date.

I'm not hating on the release date. I'm simply pointing out that its coming out in April and at that point the GSM GNex is coming up on 5months old and I still wouldn't consider it.

Valynor

Nov 22, 2008
Generic "OMGZ! A NEW PHONE VS OUR Nexus" answer:

No, I'm not interested, otherwise I would take part in the discussion in the proper sub-forum.
Also I'm not interested if there is any extra UI on it that I cannot disable/uninstall.
The manufacturer doesn't release the original ROM for download so I can flash it back if necessary? Not interested.
Deserved 1-star rating for the thread: applied.

Last edited:
Reactions: martonikaj

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Generic "OMGZ! A NEW PHONE VS OUR Nexus" answer:

No, I'm not interested, otherwise I would take part in the discussion in the proper sub-forum.
Also I'm not interested if there is any extra UI on it that I cannot disable/uninstall.
The manufacturer doesn't release the original ROM for download so I can flash it back if necessary? Not interested.
Deserved 1-star rating for the thread: applied.

Its MWC, get ready for a bunch of these threads.

_Dennis_

Yes you will notice, same as dual core vs single core. With 1GB of data more resources can be loaded for the launcher. I like not having my launcher not have to be reloaded all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    once apple release a 4g phone, im throwing my nexus into the wall.

Eh, I like to move forwards when I buy a new phone, not back.

Yep your Galaxy Nexus/Nexus S is outdated, old, crappy, stupid, useless, junk.
    Go throw it away in the trash now and go cry yourself to sleep.
    Looking at videos of the HTC One S, it is a nice looking phone, but it's missing a couple things:

1. Removable battery and SD Card
    2. NFC
    3. Newer Screen
    4. IT HAS SENSE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    5. Well it's an HTC phone.....it'll break!
    6. I have a Galaxy Nexus, why would I want a bloated phone like that?

Basically, the One S is the phone with the MOST potential, it's asthetically the best, best screen size, best back (the oxidized back), but needs improvement.

COME ON HTC!
    I had a prototype unit from a supplier a few weeks ago and got to play with it tonight at a dinner (the lad wasn't scared to show it off seen that the fair starts..); it has nothing over the nexus.

- camera. Same quality.
    - build. Cheap plastics on samsung phones you say? Right..
    - software (sense). Absolutely horrendous, especially for a quad core phone.. (possibly, of course, the software will be more optimised on the final product)
    - screen. Forget it, doesn't compare.
    - battery. Built in? No thanks. 1800 mah for a quad core on a 4,8 inch screen? Good luck..

Etc etc etc.

Nah, Nexus. Made to be nearly perfect!!

But seeing the video the multitasking tray opens up faster and is a lot smoother than the gnex though gnex is no slouch. And that Is a good part about the quad core a as multitasking you really need that zip to back it up.

Really worried about the battery life though. Sticking with my gnex until a 3000+ battery dual or quad HD phone comes along. Can't live without the HD screen these days

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

I'm sure some will say I'm crazy, it's a gimmick etc etc but, no NFC means no sale for me regardless of the other specs...