[ROMS] Acer OTA ICS roms/STOCK & DEODEXED versions -FULL-ROOT(7-Jul-2012) civato

Search This thread

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
I'm in north america. so i guess either the .031 and .033 should be fine? any differences between the two besides the number of languages available?

0.33 is more for the North and South America. But wifi channels are limited to 11. For Europe there is the 0.31 with more languages and wifi up to 12 and 13 channels.
If your language is supported you can try them all.

lucas1954

Aug 8, 2007
Docking station

Hi I have a Docking station will this work with one of this updates?
Thanks in advance

dchn2

Apr 21, 2011
sorry to be a kill-joy, but i would like to inform you that Acer_AV041_A500_1.041.00_WW_CUS1 does not contain the Chinese language pack as stated. it has Korean and Arabic, but i can't find chinese when i have this rom installed.

civato

Apr 20, 2011
sorry to be a kill-joy, but i would like to inform you that Acer_AV041_A500_1.041.00_WW_CUS1 does not contain the Chinese language pack as stated. it has Korean and Arabic, but i can't find chinese when i have this rom installed.
You didn't kill my joy , it's unkillable :D.
I couldn't tell chineese from Korean , I will update OP , thanks.

Reactions: dchn2

ZACQ8

Jan 24, 2012
Kuwait
A doubt please answer:

Since there is no OTA update for PB Liberty Tab (3.0.1), If I install the stock rooted acer HC ROM from CWM on my PB, can I receive the acer OTA update to ICS which automaticaly gives me ICS bootloader, and I can avoide complicated bootloader change??

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

civato

Apr 20, 2011
A doubt please answer:

Since there is no OTA update for PB Liberty Tab (3.0.1), If I install the stock rooted acer HC ROM from CWM on my PB, can I receive the acer OTA update to ICS which automaticaly gives me ICS bootloader, and I can avoide complicated bootloader change??

Thanks in advance
No , you need to be on ICS bootloader for this.

parker09

Apr 27, 2010
eparker.me
Just wanted to ask if anyone else is having problem with their WiFi, I haven't been able to connect as of yet,I swipe it to the ON position and about a second later it goes to the offer position and it won't let me 'SCAN' or 'ADD NETWORK'.

Probably a problem on my end but just can't seem to get this working.

civato

Apr 20, 2011
Just wanted to ask if anyone else is having problem with their WiFi, I haven't been able to connect as of yet,I swipe it to the ON position and about a second later it goes to the offer position and it won't let me 'SCAN' or 'ADD NETWORK'.

clean install , full wipe , format.

audiokaos

Jun 21, 2007
Ajax, Ont

I had that initial problem- I then went & re-read the thread, where I discovered that you need to install much like an android phone-

sys reset/format
format cache
clear davlic
install rom
fix permissions.

All works great on mine now.

nolanta

Jul 25, 2010
Dallas, TX
No , you need to be on ICS bootloader for this.

You seem to know what your'e talking about in here. Can you tell me, definitely, how to get back to a stock Acer ROM that will put me back on the 'receive' OTA update path?

I've gone back to 3.0.1 unrooted, no updates, someone said flashing the rom in this thread will accomplish the same thing by getting me to a stock acer ICS room, but you imply that that guy won't get OTA's - is it because of his device or something inherent in this ROM?

I am trying to get to a place where I can sell the tablet and be able to honestly tell a buyer it's stock and supportable by Acer.

Thanks.

civato

Apr 20, 2011
You seem to know what your'e talking about in here. Can you tell me, definitely, how to get back to a stock Acer ROM that will put me back on the 'receive' OTA update path?

I've gone back to 3.0.1 unrooted, no updates, someone said flashing the rom in this thread will accomplish the same thing by getting me to a stock acer ICS room, but you imply that that guy won't get OTA's - is it because of his device or something inherent in this ROM?

I am trying to get to a place where I can sell the tablet and be able to honestly tell a buyer it's stock and supportable by Acer.

Thanks.

Take a look in the guide thread , top of the thread or take a look at afterota thread in dev section.

ignitros

Feb 27, 2010
Spokane, WA.
Just finished wiping everything and installing your stock rooted rom Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1-FOOL-ROOT and I'm stuck at the ACER splash or boot screen. I was running the thor CMW and taboonay ICS rom previously. Is there something I'm missing? Is that Taboonay ROM running the HC bootloader?

Last edited:

civato

Apr 20, 2011
Just finished wiping everything and installing your stock rooted rom Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1-FOOL-ROOT and I'm stuck at the ACER splash or boot screen. I was running the thor CMW and taboonay ICS rom previously. Is there something I'm missing? Is that Taboonay ROM running the HC bootloader?

The rom doesn't run a bootloader , that is your tablet , read the thread again m8.
If YOU are on HTC bootloader you need to flash the kernel for HC bootloader users.
And please don't complain about screen boot glitches , that is because you don't upgrade to ICS bootloader.
If you are running ICS bootloader and install the rom you don't need to do anything else.

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London

Thanks.

At stock HC you can flash in recovery /any/ stock Acer ROM (ie any stock Acer ICS).

If you can't access the ICS update OTA install the Acer Update Enhancement APK (either from the Play Store or from the Acer Website drivers & downloads section for this tablet).

Reactions: newkydawg

ignitros

Feb 27, 2010
Spokane, WA.
The rom doesn't run a bootloader , that is your tablet , read the thread again m8.
If YOU are on HTC bootloader you need to flash the kernel for HC bootloader users.
And please don't complain about screen boot glitches , that is because you don't upgrade to ICS bootloader.
If you are running ICS bootloader and install the rom you don't need to do anything else.

I think you might have misunderstood my question. I wasn't complaining about your ROM... merely stating my problem and asking if anyone had an idea as to what I may have done wrong. After some more reading it looks like I was still on an ICS ROM that was using the HC bootloader. I have since installed your FlexReaper ROM and I have the Tab up and running again. I now know that I will need to update to an ICS bootloader and should be able to install the stock ICS ROM again. Thank you to all that helped me figure it out.

civato

Apr 20, 2011
I think you might have misunderstood my question. I wasn't complaining about your ROM... merely stating my problem and asking if anyone had an idea as to what I may have done wrong. After some more reading it looks like I was still on an ICS ROM that was using the HC bootloader. I have since installed your FlexReaper ROM and I have the Tab up and running again. I now know that I will need to update to an ICS bootloader and should be able to install the stock ICS ROM again. Thank you to all that helped me figure it out.

OK , just a reminder these roms posted in this thread are not my roms but full stock Acer rom , just the root is not stock. And I removed the bootloader and recovery.

duryard

Jun 15, 2010
Exeter
www.iscasilver.co.uk
@civato (my fav dev for a500) :)

If I flash one of these (the.41 I think) then flash the correct bootloader will I be able to flash your latest over the top (and there by not have to run your "chicken s***t) I have tried to run it but it does not work for me as the pc does not see the tab in apx mode (All the tools do tho) will installing the bootloader with this rom permanly upgrade my bootloader so as I can enjoy your latest creation to its fullest. ???

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Acer official ICS roms

Thanks to Vache providing the OTA files

-Bootloader.blob & stock recovery removed. (your custom recovery and bootloader stay intact)
    -Full root patched kernel , thanks to ezterry for providing me the script to do it.
    -SuperUser installed in system
    -EsFileExplorer & Flashplayer in data (can be removed like any app from the market)
    -NOTHING ELSE IS CHANGED !!
    Not deodexed or zipaligned , really nothing else is changed!
    DEODEXED AND ZIPALIGNED VERSIONS BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD !
    So if you got problems with it you got problems with Acer.
    Installation note !
    Flash with CWM
    FOR ICS BOOTLOADER USERS ,

If you want it to boot on your HC 3.01 make sure you flash the kernel for HC bootloaders after you flashed the rom and before you reboot.
    You find it with every rom.

If you decide and stop beeing a chicken with your HC bootloader =how to get ICS bootloader and custom recovery.

I don't intend to support the old HC bootloader , but i do so even the ones that are to afraid of flashing there bootloader get a chance to run full stock ICS
    If you want ICS it is best to use the ICS bootloader so you have no glitches , messed up bootscreens and SoD.

Don't ask for request , this is for the people that want full stock with full root , no AcerRing or any other special app , this is as Acer put it out.

Thanks to www.interphaze.com for upload service
    Please support the Acer Recovery Installer app by Euclid's Brother.

NEW ACER RELEASE AV041_A500_1.054.00_WW_GEN1 (DEODEXED AND ZIPALIGNED and a Original Odexed rom)

Fullroot and busybox 1.20.1 with init.d support in kernel.
    (EC update for those who never recieved the OTA or never flashed a full ICS leak)

Acer_AV041_A500_1.054.00_WW_GEN1-DEODEXED-FULLROOT​
    Checksum:8282544B322EA59D9D4E9BB57AD5834A *Acer_AV041_A500_1.054.00_WW_GEN1-DEODEXED-FULLROOT.zip

Acer_AV041_A500_1.054.00_WW_GEN1-FULL-ROOT (original odex)
    2D1C8D6D4B1B27889D156CF2CD328C28 *Acer_AV041_A500_1.054.00_WW_GEN1-FULL-ROOT.zip

Build Date : Wed Jun 6 14:41:36 CST 2012

All languages (28) support orientated to Europe and North-America.

Kernel for HC 3.01 Bootloader users.
    (flash right after installation of the rom and before you reboot , expect a messed up boot screen and screen glitches , that is normal and the price you pay for not updating your bootloader)

Screenshot_2012-07-07-11-33-00.png

Acer_AV041_A500_1.031.00_WW_GEN1​

Checksum:C4F4FF9E481176A91F3359E751836F3E *Acer_AV041_A500_1.031.00_WW_GEN1-FULL-ROOT.zip

First OTA release :
    Build Date : Thu Mar 29 22:51:13 CST 2012

All languages (28) support orientated to Europe and North-America.

(flash right after installation of the rom and before you reboot , expect a messed up boot screen and screen glitches , that is normal and the price you pay for not updating your bootloader)

103100.jpg

Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1

Checksum:1BE791413F77A7D34D8E2CC3EF627330 *Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1-FOOL-ROOT.zip

Second OTA release :
    Build Date : Fri Apr 6 23:50:30 CST 2012

5 languages support orientated to North/South-America.
    English , French, Spanish, Russian, Portugués

103300.jpg
    Acer_AV041_A500_1.041.00_WW_CUS1

Checksum:9ED21CE70E81F3CB85DF900385F643E0 *Acer_AV041_A500_1.041.00_WW_CUS1-FULL-ROOT.zip

Third OTA release :
    Build Date : Fri Apr 20 18:15:22 CST 2012

4 languages support orientated to ASIA.
    English , French, Russian, Arabic , Korean.
    Also a Acer optional Keyboard layout is available

keyboard.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-03-23-10-55.jpg

104100.jpg

FULL STOCK - FULL ROOT -
    BUT FULL DEODEXED AND ZIPALIGNED VERSIONS , THESE ALSO CONTAIN THE EC UPDATE
    (EC update for those who never recieved the OTA or never flashed a full ICS leak)

Acer_AV041_A500_1.031.00_WW_GEN1-FULL-ROOT-DEODEXED

Checksum:394DAFAA3D6A5D1E586F9128D2FA706E *Acer_AV041_A500_1.031.00_WW_GEN1-FULL-ROOT-DEODEXED.zip​

Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1-FOOL-ROOT-DEODEXED

Checksum:3517D35BC90C14C3D8CC2A7C70D14B08 *Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1-FOOL-ROOT-DEODEXED.zip​

Acer_AV041_A500_1.041.00_WW_CUS1-FULL-ROOT-DEODEXED

Checksum:F9206C566F326BC8F62B17ED3A0A02D4 *Acer_AV041_A500_1.041.00_WW_CUS1-FULL-ROOT-DEODEXED.zip​
    Kernel for HC 3.01 Bootloader users will not??????????????????????:crying:
    A please and a thank you would be nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Look in the OP , Added it for the 1.054.00 rom.:eek:
    UPDATE

NEW ACER RELEASE AV041_A500_1.054.00_WW_GEN1 (DEODEXED AND ZIPALIGNED and a Original Odexed rom)

Updated the thread with the new 1.054.00 wwgen1 Acer release.
    Full root , deodexed , zipaligned and init.d support in kernel.
    AND a original odexed rom with full root , init.d , bussybox.

JUST FLASH WITH CWM , YOU NEED TO BE ON ICS BOOTLOADER !!!!!!!!
    This is a great idea civato! It's like the modded stock idea I had a while ago but had real problems getting to work ;P
    Personally I would have deodexed and zipaligned too but the nature of ROMs is that everyone thinks something different is better haha

Great work!

Deodexed and zip aligned versions will come, its 20 minutes work for every rom but wanted to start of with full stock.
    Remember speed wise the odexed roms got a little advandage over deodexed roms.
    But you need deodexed roms if you want to mod them and change stuff to them.

Oh and I got full deodexed zipaligned , flexreaper :D
    @civato (my fav dev for a500) :)

If I flash one of these (the.41 I think) then flash the correct bootloader will I be able to flash your latest over the top (and there by not have to run your "chicken s***t) I have tried to run it but it does not work for me as the pc does not see the tab in apx mode (All the tools do tho) will installing the bootloader with this rom permanly upgrade my bootloader so as I can enjoy your latest creation to its fullest. ???
    Extreme will only work if you are on ICS unlocked bootloader.
    These roms here have no ICS bootloader in them , bootloader is totaly different then boot.img.