A warning for all rooters

Search This thread

danakers

Feb 28, 2009
No point going to a Samsung repair centre because if you've rooted the device (as I had) and can't reboot to run TriangleAway, then it means your warranty is invalidated (I called them to check this beforehand).

Re the earlier comment... step 1) buy a PC, step 2) enjoy... as I mentioned, we only have Macs at work and I had a phone that wasn't working properly so it couldn't wait 'til I got home (to my PC)!

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
Samsung seems much more complicated than HTC... Triangle away, then problems with custom recovery and triangle away, then this EFS folder... :( would any kind soul explain what this EFS folder is and why is it so important (and how to back it up)?

Thanx
D>

I'm TheQuest

Jan 15, 2011
Kent. UK by the sea
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998801

This doesn't apply? :p

Buy anyway, as it's don't you've done yourself it would be dishonest to claim under the warranty anyway... XD

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
Why would that not apply to you? unless your device was not purchased within the EU.

I do not see how it is in any way dishonest to have the repair done under warranty. :confused:

It not as if it is making a false insurance claim.

Take Care
TheQuest :cool:

danakers

Feb 28, 2009
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998801

This doesn't apply? :p

Buy anyway, as it's don't you've done yourself it would be dishonest to claim under the warranty anyway... XD

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

That's very interesting, thanks for posting. I wish I'd seen that before taking my handset in for repair! Time for a conversation about getting my £100 refunded, I think!

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's successfully used this information in getting a supposedly 'invalidated warranty' repair done under warranty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you should understand the word "use at your own risk", "always made a backup", "this is for advanced-user", and many things before doing something, just a warning wont help I think..:(

Yes, I'm just trying to be helpful by posting this.

I consider myself an advanced user, but even advanced users can make mistakes.
    That is a sign of SDS. You know what you do, there is no problem at all

Sent from my GT-N7100

What are you on about? None of this has anything to do with Sds.

Nowadays people get a cold and blame it on Sds.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2