Stock firmware crashes / custom firmware restarts every few minutes

Search This thread

MAK8448

Mar 21, 2012
Hi All,

I am not sure if this is a hardware issue that I am facing or what.

Basically I was running Linaro CM11 which was working fine, but I got a goo.im that a update was available. So I downloaded and flashed this.

Everything seemed fine except after 5 minutes the phone did a reboot, it started up fine and same thing kept happening. So I flashed back to the previous version but the problem persisted.

So I downloaded a stock N7100 UK vodafone rom, flashed this but while doing so it seems the usb cable I was usb wasn't 100% and it crashed mid flash.

I used a JTAG to get the phone back into download mode and using a new cable re flashed the above stock rom. since the any stock ROM i flash goes into deep sleep and usually WONT wake up.

So i decided to re flash CM10 stable, which does not suffer the deep sleep but does suffer with reboots every few minutes so tried CM11, also tried a few other ROMS and im suffering either deep sleep or a reboot.

What is wrong with my phone, second to this I cannot turn on bluetooth if I try to on stock or custom the phone either just toggles straight back off or freezes completely and restarts itself or stays like that just hanging.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

MAK8448

Mar 21, 2012
Just to add to this post, iv tried Sammy 4.3, 4.1.2 & 4.0.1 I think on the last one all do more or less the same except they all crash loads on first boot. Some are unusable. Iv also tried Irish rom, France, Spain.

Same thing happens on all soon as the screen goes off it is almost impossible to get the phone to wake up. Also tried other kernels again with the same result or worse the room packs in.

Help :crying: