Cotulla

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2007

/DFT BT File Transfer\
Application to transfer files via Bluetooth on WP7 phones

Version 1.01

AboutLogo.png

Overview
Application allows to receive files via Bluetooth or send files via Bluetooth.
Also application include feature to auto install received REG RGU and XAP files.
So you can send XAP file from PC to your phone and it will be installed at the end.
Same with REG/RGU - you can send a file and it will be applied to registry. Note file must be in UNICODE format. ANSI files don't supported by application.

Application has some unresolved issues:
  • If send operation was canceled, other side device will save the already received part of file instead of show "canceled" message.
  • Sometimes it's impossible to receive files without opening Bluetooth settings.
    Seems Bluetooth go to some low power mode while state is still ON and CONNECTIBLE.
  • To send from one WP7 device to another WP7 device you may need keep the destination phone in Bluetooth settings page. Otherwise the first phone can't see the second.
  • Already paired devices list isn't implemented.

Was tested on phones:
*Samsung Focus R1.3
*HTC Gold
*HTC Spark
*HTC Schubert
*HTC LEO

Requirements
You need FullUnlock to use this application.
Application will NOT work with Developer or Iterop unlocks.

Should work on all WP7 devices.

Installation
1. Install XAP via any way (via IE or via PC deplorer)
2. Run installed application.
3. Wait until message box appear.
"Fail" can mean that your phone is not FullUnlocked or other issue during installation.
4. Reboot device
5. Run application - it should works.

Uninstallation
Be warned, using this application may need hard reset to remove all parts from the system. Be sure you have actual backup of PIM.

Disclaimer
This product is free to use at your own risk. We take no
responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
this unlocking procedure. No warranties, implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product.
No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.
Use of the Product for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
It's not allowed to make any changes to this release.
It's not allowed xda.cn, nduoo forum and 3gdengta forums to use this xap.

Thanks to
HD2Owner for great art work!
All others for testing and support

It's not allowed to include this XAP into ROMs during 2 weeks after release. Up to 09.03.2012.

Please note: application still have some issues inside, please report your usage experience and feedback in this thread.

Download links
look at attachment ;)

Enjoy!

Best regards, DFT, Cotulla, 24.02.2012

Attachments

• DFT_BTFileTransfer.xap
    201.2 KB · Views: 58,464
  • AboutLogo.png
    AboutLogo.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 35,855
Last edited:

pLUSpISTOL

Jan 29, 2009
:eek: wow! Installs fine on Omnia7 but I haven't got another phone to attempt sending/receiving.

Last edited:

Jaxbot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
Testing it out.
I can send just fine, and the file browser works great. Adding an easy photo chooser or something might be nice, though.

As a thought, I can only send files to the device when the Bluetooth menu is open under Settings. Is this intentional? It's not really a problem, but I found it a little interesting; otherwise the device doesn't seem to be visible on other Bluetooth devices. Sounds like part of the WP7 design.

EDIT: I'm able to send files if my computer already knows about the device, regardless of if it's in settings or not. Cool stuff! It's a shame bluetooth is so incredibly slow, though.

Nice work

Last edited:

poker100

Jun 27, 2007
Works fine on htc pro7, THX for DFT&Cotulla

Sent from my Gold using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

BellPego

Oct 21, 2008
Lisboa
Worked great in my Omnia 7.. Great work Cotulla, and DFT!! ;)

Now just one question please... My pictures are in My Documents>Zune>Content>0300

And them I have 2 folders 00 and 01 both with pictues in them... How do I identify the latest for example... Is there a way..?

Thank you...

lauticol

Apr 11, 2010
Tucuman, Argentina
Video demo for people who don't have it themselves, or are otherwise curious :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULSxte561q0

Well, first I have a problem, the app stays in:
"Please Wait
(DFT logo)
DFT BT File Transfer V1.01
Aplication needs to install
drivers.
Please reboot your phone."
I've rebooted the phone some times but didnt get it working (HD7)

Also, I'll love to know how you did to put files on the phone (as storage device)

EDIT: I have Deepshining 7.1 with latest version 8107

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

/DFT BT File Transfer\
    Application to transfer files via Bluetooth on WP7 phones

Version 1.01

AboutLogo.png

Overview
    Application allows to receive files via Bluetooth or send files via Bluetooth.
    Also application include feature to auto install received REG RGU and XAP files.
    So you can send XAP file from PC to your phone and it will be installed at the end.
    Same with REG/RGU - you can send a file and it will be applied to registry. Note file must be in UNICODE format. ANSI files don't supported by application.

Application has some unresolved issues:
    • If send operation was canceled, other side device will save the already received part of file instead of show "canceled" message.
    • Sometimes it's impossible to receive files without opening Bluetooth settings.
      Seems Bluetooth go to some low power mode while state is still ON and CONNECTIBLE.
    • To send from one WP7 device to another WP7 device you may need keep the destination phone in Bluetooth settings page. Otherwise the first phone can't see the second.
    • Already paired devices list isn't implemented.

Was tested on phones:
    *Samsung Focus R1.3
    *HTC Gold
    *HTC Spark
    *HTC Schubert
    *HTC LEO

Requirements
    You need FullUnlock to use this application.
    Application will NOT work with Developer or Iterop unlocks.

Should work on all WP7 devices.

Installation
    1. Install XAP via any way (via IE or via PC deplorer)
    2. Run installed application.
    3. Wait until message box appear.
    "Fail" can mean that your phone is not FullUnlocked or other issue during installation.
    4. Reboot device
    5. Run application - it should works.

Uninstallation
    Be warned, using this application may need hard reset to remove all parts from the system. Be sure you have actual backup of PIM.

Disclaimer
    This product is free to use at your own risk. We take no
    responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
    this unlocking procedure. No warranties, implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product.
    No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.
    Use of the Product for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
    It's not allowed to make any changes to this release.
    It's not allowed xda.cn, nduoo forum and 3gdengta forums to use this xap.

Thanks to
    HD2Owner for great art work!
    All others for testing and support

It's not allowed to include this XAP into ROMs during 2 weeks after release. Up to 09.03.2012.

Please note: application still have some issues inside, please report your usage experience and feedback in this thread.

Download links
    look at attachment ;)

Enjoy!

Best regards, DFT, Cotulla, 24.02.2012
    everything in this world has own benefits and negative things.
    so . . . sometimes u can find fantastic things in the dark ;)
    while on the light side usually everything is rather plain :D
    yes, it's impossible directly to play MP3 files, because they are not inside Zune library. The same with pictures. . .

Alternatively you can implement an option in the share button in the gallery like "send via Bt File Transfer".
    yes, cool idea. Thought about that.
    Video demo for people who don't have it themselves, or are otherwise curious :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULSxte561q0

u jelly?

In all seriousness, so far so good ;)
    @Cotulla: I'll be releasing a modified form of my HtcRoot Webserver that also works on fully unlocked ROMs real soon now. I was hoping to add some new functionality and a major code overhaul (that it mildly needs0 before the next release, but that was taking too long. I did fix a couple minor bugs, but the main change is the removal of the dependency upon the HtcRoot project.

It allows full access to the filesystem (including some parts that TouchXplorer can't go) and full info about files (including some attributes that TX doesn't show) and nearly full control over the filesystem (including changing attributes, which TX can't do). Rather than supporting moving files directly, it allows you to download them to the PC and then upload them to a different folder (with the option to delete the original).

It's not as usable on the phone alone (it's designed to work from a PC browser, although using Jaxbot's no-dehydrate hack it can also be operated usign the phone's web browser while the server runs in the background), and that is its main weakness. Martin7Pro is working on a nice horizontal-view two-panel filesystem browser reminiscent of TotalCommander/Midnight Commander/tree Gold, if anybody knows those apps. I may also take the source for the (now deunct, since it was never updated for Mango) Advanced Explorer app, rip out its HtcFileUtility-based filesystem guts (which worked like TX does), and replace them with calls to native APIs (thus enablign it to be used on fully unlocked ROMs, or on a stock ROM with HtcRoot or with Heathcliff74's upcoming WP7 Root Tools 0.9).