[ROM][VIEW][GB] DeSensed-View GB Edition- V1 - 4/24/2012 (NO longer supported)

Search This thread

pbanj

Dec 22, 2011
glad to see this, i have been finding a lot more apps saying they are not compatible with my tablet even though it says they are for when it was on gb so looks like im going to this

macr0t0r

Feb 20, 2011
I figure I'll wait for his first update, and then I am jumping onto this ROM! The Honeycomb thing just doesn't fit well on 7-inches. I want my fast and compatible Gingerbread back!
- Jim

@Bill_Dollar

Dec 19, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
This is great! I was trying to create this and its a great alternative until.an ICS AOSP kernel is released. I know cayniarb from Tiamat has projected a release. (from a recent interview) lets tweak this ROM to full potential. Init.d scripts and.some viper optimization... some A2SD? Idk, but I love my View. Could you link some worthy causes in the OP?.donations should be directed. :)

Sent from my PG41200 using xda premium

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
gonna give this rom a try

but

how do you feel about building an AOSP rom? or even porting LeeDroids Flyer rom or the Flyer CM rom?

We don't have an AOSP kernel. No AOSP kernel, no AOSP rom. I'm not a kernel dev so you're asking the wrong person. I wanted to make a gb version of my desensed rom that's why I didn't port leedroid's. And CM is aosp so kernel again is an issue. A kernel dev needs to port the kernel for us.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
We don't have an AOSP kernel. No AOSP kernel, no AOSP rom. I'm not a kernel dev so you're asking the wrong person. I wanted to make a gb version of my desensed rom that's why I didn't port leedroid's. And CM is aosp so kernel again is an issue. A kernel dev needs to port the kernel for us.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I'd have started building a kernel if I had more time. I have access to cayniarbs db and would chat away with him if I could. Being an acting store manager and full time student is rough.
The only way I'd do anything with gb is aosp. Sense on gb wastes a lot more of the screen in landscape mode than I'd like and with us having the HW keys enabled now on HC, I'm a Happy camper. @grafixnyc let me know if I can contribute in any way or if we can team up to make aosp a reality.

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA Premium HD app

macr0t0r

Feb 20, 2011
So, I didn't get the Flyer pen until I was already on Honeycomb, and I hear that the Pen functionality is greatly reduced in Gingerbread. However, I can't seem to determine exactly how it is reduced. Does this mean that most apps will completely ignore the pen, or does the pen fallback to being just a regular (and less accurate) capacitive stylus?

If the pen becomes dead for many apps....that might be a tough pill to swallow now that I have one.

- Jim

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
So, I didn't get the Flyer pen until I was already on Honeycomb, and I hear that the Pen functionality is greatly reduced in Gingerbread. However, I can't seem to determine exactly how it is reduced. Does this mean that most apps will completely ignore the pen, or does the pen fallback to being just a regular (and less accurate) capacitive stylus?

If the pen becomes dead for many apps....that might be a tough pill to swallow now that I have one.

- Jim

In HC you can use the ben throughout the OS, meaning if you want to swipe though your homescreens you can use the pen to do it on HC, in GB you cant. In HC the pen responds to OS stuff just as if you were using your finger. ie.. opening settings, selecting something from the list etc.... navigating through the os and stuff like that

macr0t0r

Feb 20, 2011
In HC you can use the ben throughout the OS, meaning if you want to swipe though your homescreens you can use the pen to do it on HC, in GB you cant. In HC the pen responds to OS stuff just as if you were using your finger. ie.. opening settings, selecting something from the list etc.... navigating through the os and stuff like that

Thanks. I finally managed to the magical search terms to find this thread about Gingerbread versus Honeycomb Scribe support:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1356967

Ouch....I lose the ability to play Draw Something with my stylus if I go back to Gingerbread unless I buy another separate capacitive stylus ... I'm not sure if the speed boost is worth it. Bugger...there's always a tradeoff in each custom ROM, I suppose.

- Jim

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Thanks. I finally managed to the magical search terms to find this thread about Gingerbread versus Honeycomb Scribe support:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1356967

Ouch....I lose the ability to play Draw Something with my stylus if I go back to Gingerbread unless I buy another separate capacitive stylus ... I'm not sure if the speed boost is worth it. Bugger...there's always a tradeoff in each custom ROM, I suppose.

- Jim

Well, a couple things:

1. Compared to GB, HC isn't just slower it is S L O W E R. Browsing is tragically slow. If you browse more than you write consider this. Also, the dpi is all screwed up some things (such as icons) can see quite large on the screen. You can fix this using something like Rom Toolbox, but it breaks things like the background image of the Notes program.

2. HTC Notes just seems like a half-written app that they completely abandoned. Things like the keyboard popping up when you wrest your hand on the screen to write become unbelievably annoying after a while. Why couldn't HTC just put a keyboard button in the menu instead? Their "touch" solution is poorly conceived and implemented.

3. Netflix is basically unusable on HC. Some sort of lag issues (probably linked to the browser lag issues). Sound gets ahead of video every time. If you watch a lot of Netflix, forget HC.

So that is the tradeoff. Is slow browsing and poorly implemented pen support a fair trade for a quick and responsive os with limited pen support? Your call.

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Hmmm. This is kind of odd.

I see that Flash is installed and yet embedded flash is nit working anywhere. YouTube works just fine in the YouTube app. For any embedded flash I am just getting a little blue lego piece icon with a questionmark in it.

Ideas?

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Uploading a new version now.

Changes in this version:
Fixed checkboxes being cut off
added live wallpaper picker back in
updated to google play store
got the AOSP calendar working
removed HTC calendar
removed a few other HTC apps that were left behind
moved flash player from being a system app to a user app

Last edited:

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com

I see that Flash is installed and yet embedded flash is nit working anywhere. YouTube works just fine in the YouTube app. For any embedded flash I am just getting a little blue lego piece icon with a questionmark in it.

Ideas?

hmm well, I did have it as a system app before. Maybe that was causing it. I'm uploading a new version now and I have moved it to be a non system app

Reactions: mitchellvii

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You must already be on GB and have recovery installed. If you are on HC you must follow the directions in the forum on how to downgrade to GB
    Use kevinrocksman's awesome tool to get to HC from GB(or downgrade from HC to GB, and many other convenient tools). He makes it easy for you :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1418258

This is a preview release of my DeSensed-View rom. This is WIP and this is the first preview release

Features:
    Based off the Stock GB rom for the View
    Lovethyevo's custom OC kernel. Thread found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1401112
    deodexed
    rooted
    busybox
    zipaligned
    init.d support
    ADW Launcher
    Stock GB Bootanimation
    Stock Calculator
    Stock GB Browser
    Stock GB Email App
    A lot of the sense/htc apps and launcher removed
    sprint bloat removed
    Stock GB KB
    Advanced power menus
    Stock GB style status bar and icons
    Stock GB lockscreen
    maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting... lol
    system rw at boot
    phone.apk, telephony and hands free activation removed (radios disabled) I will released a 3g/4g enabler soon

Issues
    You tell me.. test and let me know what's jacked up
    When going through setup wizard and trying to select time zone it will FC. This is because the radios are disabled and it uses them to auto set your time zone. Just keep pressing next through set up and once it's finished you can go into settings and change it.
    Maps might force close once or twice until you set up wifi
    I have included the KB from CM7 but the keys are pretty small so I also included the GB KB,, the keys are small as well but you can make them bigger in settings

I am not responsible if you flash this and you brick your ****

DO NOT FLASH IF YOU ARE ON HONEYCOMB.. Follow the threads in the forum to learn how to downgrade to GB and get/keep s-off

Download Link: v 1
    WIFI ONLY: http://goo.im/devs/graffixnyc/HTC_Evo_View/DeSensedViewGBv1.zip
    Mirror : Coming soon

To enable sprint 3g/4g service flash this zip after you have flashed the rom(you can flash it right after flashing the rom) http://goo.im/devs/graffixnyc/HTC_Evo_View/enable4gGB.zip
    mirror: http://d-h.st/1vm

Installation Instructions:
    DO A BACK UP!
    If coming from another ROM perform a FULL wipe in clockwork recovery: mounts and storage -> format /system format /data format /cache
    If updating from a previous version of this rom just wipe the caches unless told otherwise
    Flash the rom zip
    reboot
    enjoy

Changelog:
    Code:
    Changes in V1:
    removed HTC calendar
    changed wifi scan to 180

I am not responsible if you flash this and you brick your ****

A few people have PM'ed me asking about donating. Well, I dont/wont ever ask for donations and honestly I prefer to NOT get donations. I do this work first and for most for me(Yeah I'm a selfish bastard) so I can learn more, so I can make my device the way I want my device, I just decide to share what I make for myself instead of keeping it for myself (I'm selfish, not greedy) and I feel if people start donating they might get more demanding and feel more entitled so I'd rather just skip all of that potential drama. When it comes to requesting things in this rom, I will put them in IF it's something I would use myself. If it's not, then I most likely wont add it. So please dont donate to me, If you want to do some good instead of donating to me, donate to a worthy charity instead! Thank you all for using my rom!
    Uploading a new version now.

Changes in this version:
    removed HTC calendar

Ideas?

hmm well, I did have it as a system app before. Maybe that was causing it. I'm uploading a new version now and I have moved it to be a non system app
    I know this rom is no longer supported, however does anyone have the file?