Swapping recoveries...

Search This thread

Anthony825

Jul 31, 2013
So when I unlocked my phone the other day I went to flash twrp but the website was having issues and wouldn't let me download the file. Thus i was forced to install cwm. I can't stand cwm since it bricked my m7. My question is, how do I go about changing to twrp? What files do I need?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So when I unlocked my phone the other day I went to flash twrp but the website was having issues and wouldn't let me download the file. Thus i was forced to install cwm. I can't stand cwm since it bricked my m7. My question is, how do I go about changing to twrp? What files do I need?

CWM bricked your m7.... K

What you need is the recovery itself, which can be found in the original development section. Then just install the same way you did with cwm, or use flashify.. Make sure you hit recovery instead of boot.. It'll cause problems.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Anthony825

Anthony825

Jul 31, 2013
Ok I should rephrase that. I had cwm when it bricked. I was making a nandroid backup and it froze in the middle of the process. Sat there hanging on the same screen for 3 hours So I was forced to hard shut off the phone. When I rebooted, it wouldn't mount to anything and is now a beautiful brushed aluminum brick. M7 aside, I can just flash twrp right over cwm? I don't have to revert to a stock recovery first?

Reactions: mchief298

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
Ok I should rephrase that. I had cwm when it bricked. I was making a nandroid backup and it froze in the middle of the process. Sat there hanging on the same screen for 3 hours So I was forced to hard shut off the phone. When I rebooted, it wouldn't mount to anything and is now a beautiful brushed aluminum brick. M7 aside, I can just flash twrp right over cwm? I don't have to revert to a stock recovery first?

Correct, you can just flash one recovery over another

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CWM bricked your m7.... K

What you need is the recovery itself, which can be found in the original development section. Then just install the same way you did with cwm, or use flashify.. Make sure you hit recovery instead of boot.. It'll cause problems.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app