Remove Root from NC5 to use Good email?

Search This thread

pamulli

Aug 11, 2010
I'm on NC5 with MK2 bootloaders and my new company requires that I use Good For Enterprise as my email client. I've tried the Xposed module from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040163 along with an older version of Good as suggested, but I can't get it to work. I hate to give up root, but I have to be able to get work email on my phone so now I'm planning on removing Root. I really don't want to flash stock files if I don't have to because I at least have all the bloatware removed now and I know I can't do that if I flash stock without root.
So my question is what can i do to keep my current system as is, but remove ALL traces of Root? Is it as simple as going into SuperSU and doing a Full Unroot? I'm asking first rather than trying it because each time Good detects Root I have to request a new activation key and I've already done that once so I don't want to have to do it again if it's more complicated than that.
Also, will I have any issues with Knox after doing this?

Thanks

dm1105

Oct 24, 2010
There is an Xposed module that will allow you to "trick" whatever app you want to think you're UNrooted but it's name escapes my memory at this moment...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
I'm on NC5 with MK2 bootloaders and my new company requires that I use Good For Enterprise as my email client. I've tried the Xposed module from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040163 along with an older version of Good as suggested, but I can't get it to work. I hate to give up root, but I have to be able to get work email on my phone so now I'm planning on removing Root. I really don't want to flash stock files if I don't have to because I at least have all the bloatware removed now and I know I can't do that if I flash stock without root.
So my question is what can i do to keep my current system as is, but remove ALL traces of Root? Is it as simple as going into SuperSU and doing a Full Unroot? I'm asking first rather than trying it because each time Good detects Root I have to request a new activation key and I've already done that once so I don't want to have to do it again if it's more complicated than that.
Also, will I have any issues with Knox after doing this?

Thanks

You can do the Full Unroot, but first you must remove Busybox if it's installed.
THEN you can use SuperSU full unroot, then unistall SuperSU Pro (if you have it), then uninstall SuperSU.

The unroot.sh script that comes with Saferoot will get rid of busybox and leave you rooted so you can uninstall SuperSU.
Caution: if SuperSU is installed as a system app (/system/app/Superuser.apk) then you can't uninstall it using the application manager.
In that case, removing SuperSU by hand may be necessary.

pamulli

Aug 11, 2010
There is an Xposed module that will allow you to "trick" whatever app you want to think you're UNrooted but it's name escapes my memory at this moment...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I tried the Xposed module, which is posted here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040163 and I can't get it to work. I also can't get a response on that thread to tell me if I did something wrong. I simply installed the Xposed module and then installed a previous version of Good that others reported as working with the module. Not sure if I'm supposed to do anything in Xposed other than just install the module?

Thanks

pamulli

Aug 11, 2010
I tried the Xposed module, which is posted here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040163 and I can't get it to work. I also can't get a response on that thread to tell me if I did something wrong. I simply installed the Xposed module and then installed a previous version of Good that others reported as working with the module. Not sure if I'm supposed to do anything in Xposed other than just install the module?

Thanks

OK dumb user error. I'm guessing this works a lot better if the Xposed installer is actually installed. I had forgotten to reinstall it after I upgraded to 4.4.2 and only the Wanam module was installed. Hopefully that will solve my issue.

Thanks for the responses.