Change Calendar to new APK?

Search This thread

KrossXC

Aug 26, 2010
Goal: Change the color of "my calendar" from pink to Blue.

I've tried putting an android stock Calendar.apk and deleted the others, but I couldn't get it to work. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks

- KrossXC

Last edited:

KrossXC

Aug 26, 2010
Is there another Calendar APK that will change this? Or can I somehow remove the Pink color in the file-system? or remove the "my calendar" all-together, and keep the google one?

Just want to change the pink!

- KrossXC

lithid-cm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Have you looked at your google calender settings online... I am sure you can edit your colors there.

emalia

Jul 9, 2010
North Bend, OR
Change Calendar to new APK

I tried to change this myself, finally gave up, however I did find a good calendar app that I really like in it's place Gemini, very nice indeed.

obrienmd

Aug 3, 2008
What agenda widget are you using there, OP? And what widget theme if one of the popular agenda widgets?

badwolf

Jan 26, 2007
I would really like a calanxder icon/widget with the actual date... tcalander doesn't update daily.... id almost settle for a no date calander short cut icon....ideas thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Mama Luigi

Aug 4, 2010
Unfortunately it seems the "My Calendar" is part of the Samsung calendar app that can't be removed. The best you can do is hide it, but any events you create will still be assigned to the pink My Calendar by default. So whenever you create an event, you have to choose the calendar you want.

The obvious workaround would be to replace the TouchWiz calendar with the stock Android calendar, but I just tried that a little while ago and it didn't work. There may be a way to get it working in the future. Until then I'm just ignoring the My Calendar thing.

CogDancer

Sep 14, 2010
I was able to replace the TouchWiz calendar with the normal Android calendar roughly according to the directions in this thread: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=735035
(Sorry for the crappy link, but I can't do proper links yet.)

I've edited mcb00f's directions slightly and repeated and repeated them here:
1.) You must have root to replace the TouchWiz calendar! Use root explorer or ADB to move TouchWizCalendar.apk, TouchWizCalendar.odex, TouchWizCalendarProvider.apk and TouchWizCalendarProvider.odex to somewhere on your SD Card as backups. Reboot.

2.) Go into manage applications. Filter to all. Uninstall com.android.calendar.apk and com.android.provider.calendar.apk. Reboot again.

3.) Download Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk from the thread referenced above and copy them to your SD card. Install both.

4.) If you want, use root explorer to move them from /data/app to /system/app but it's really not necessary. Reboot again, should sync by default but re-enable if you need to.

If you get an error or it doesn't work, it's probably because you didn't reboot one of the three times you need to do so!

Hope that helps!

Edit: Just in case it wasn't clear, the My Calendar calendar and events in it will be deleted along with the TouchWiz calendar app, so if you have anything you want to keep from that calendar, you should back it up accordingly!

Last edited: