[Q] How to use HTCDev Unlock with ENG S-OFF?

Search This thread

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
The title probably says it all but I'm curious if it's even possible to change the *LOCKED* to *UNLOCKED* after getting S-OFF and flashing the ENG H-Boot?

When I tried to use HTC-Dev, it gave me an error message.

Thoughts?

idaggerpwn

Aug 21, 2010
Toronto
It is possible. Maybe you didn't see my reply to you in the other post.

The process is the exact same as the one with S-On bootloader. Make sure your identification code is correct and you include the header and the ending

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
It is possible. Maybe you didn't see my reply to you in the other post.

The process is the exact same as the one with S-On bootloader. Make sure your identification code is correct and you include the header and the ending

I got it. Thanks for the tip man. Guess I had messed something up the first time I tried and it told me the unlock token was bad.

Think I copied the "INFO" parts too. This time it went through smoothly.

I'm now officially ENG S-OFF, HTC Unlocked, and SUPERCID.

Bring it on XDA. I'm ready. :D

tagme

May 26, 2010
Montreal, Qc
Not working for me... It seems my phone wont recognize the PH85IMG.zip file on my sd card... I placed it on the card and on the internal storage...

RUBY PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.90.0006
e-MMC-boot

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

tagme

May 26, 2010
Montreal, Qc
Not working for me... It seems my phone wont recognize the PH85IMG.zip file on my sd card... I placed it on the card and on the internal storage...

RUBY PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.90.0006
e-MMC-boot

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I re-unlocked the bootloader with the original "root" instructions wich worked well... Kinda weird, I read it wasn't supposed to work... When I'm in hboot, it scans the sdcard for ph85img.zip but it doesn't see it...???

Top Liked Posts