[Solved] SM-N9005 Vodafone stock Gallery memory leak

Search This thread

Spoinky

Jun 2, 2010
EDIT: Solution at the end of the post!

Hi guys I have my brand new Note 3 here and I've been playing with it for a few hours now. I noticed the Gallery app was very laggy but figured it was indexing the photo's from my old One X.

After I had everything set up the way I wanted to I gave the Gallery another go and it was still very laggy so I figured I might as well try a factory reset (Even though I was just done setting everything up the way I liked it :p)

Once I was back to factory defaults with an empty SD card I took two pictures, and again found the gallery to be laggy, When I went to have a look at the Gallery app's RAM usage I got these results:
http://i.imgur.com/oq0VJzN.jpg

It started at 40mb and worked up to over 450 ending in a crash.
Any known fixes for this?

I don't mind flashing a new ROM but from what I've read the warranty on these Samsung's is easily voided. Perhaps someone can elaborate what's possible without tripping KNOX? My CSC is N9005VFGDMJ1 and the current ROM has some Vodafone apps in it I cannot remove. I'd love to just get a stock unbranded ROM, but can this be done without voiding the warranty? Hopefully that should fix my gallery issue as well.

Looking forward to some more info, thanks in advance!

EDIT: Turns out it was Plex Media Server. I disabled DLNA, rebooted Plex and the phone and the issue was resolved. Too bad I tripped Knox over this...

Last edited:

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
You are on mj1 which is good. You can root it if you want and still not worry about Knox using the root de LA Vega method.

Or you could just try flashing the stock mj1 firmware from samfirmware or somewhere on the forum and see if that sorts it out

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Spoinky

Jun 2, 2010
You are on mj1 which is good. You can root it if you want and still not worry about Knox using the root de LA Vega method.

Or you could just try flashing the stock mj1 firmware from samfirmware or somewhere on the forum and see if that sorts it out

Thanks for your reply!

I've gone and downloaded the firmware from Samfirmeware and flashed that, sadly the issue is still there.
Anything else I can try besides rooting?

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
Get it replaced mate. not worth the hassle trying to fix it when you can get it replaced

Spoinky

Jun 2, 2010
Get it replaced mate. not worth the hassle trying to fix it when you can get it replaced

Yup, got a new one.. same issue. Starting to think it has something to do with the Vodafone crap they put on it.

EDIT: Turns out it was Plex Media Server. I disabled DLNA, rebooted Plex and the phone and the issue was resolved. Too bad I tripped Knox over this...

Last edited: