NEW ROM!!! Dragonstorm 23139 - eXpo/IQ - Restored MS Voice Command

Search This thread

chaowey

Jun 11, 2010
My device is IQ ,and failed to flash as I thy to use the 825v‘ rom ,
so please would you like to build and relaese a rom base on the gw825v’s rom for IQ include chinese language!
THX!

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
My device is IQ ,and failed to flash as I thy to use the 825v‘ rom ,
so please would you like to build and relaese a rom base on the gw825v’s rom for IQ include chinese language!
THX!

Over on LG-eXpo.com there was a Chinese rom released although it was the base rom for the GW825v. When I get some free time I'll look into making one.

Last edited:

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
Some people including myself were having issues shutting down 23568 v2 and were having issues with the today plugin for tmail. I pulled 23568 v2 because of this. I cooked another rom and called it Dragonstorm 23568 v3 and have been running it for over a day without any issues. I decided to release it. The links are on the first post of this thread.

beth0301

Jun 21, 2010
Nervous

OK, I think I want to try this but I'm nervous - don't want to mess up my brand new phone. Any words of comfort or helpful advice for someone that's never done this before? :confused:

Also, I did notice this note which concerns me a little ....

* LG keyboard doesn't align properly with the bottom taskbar. SIP reg settings won't fix it. I suspect
the keyboard position is built into the keyboard.

Is that something that's been fixed? If not, can someone explain it a bit more? I don't want to go through all of this and then have the keyboard be screwy.

beth0301

Jun 21, 2010
Did it!

Please note none of this is criticism - you deserve kuddos for your work. These are just thoughts from my personal perspective.

Well, I took the plunge and did the flash. I was so excited to get rid of the junk I didn't want and free up some screen real estate I just went for it.

I find it a little buggy now .... I can't shut the device off. I know this was a mentioned issue in the V2 but I flashed the V3.

Once today since flashing it locked and would not unlock (using the basic touch slider, not the fingerprint thing). I ended up having to remove the battery.

The keyboard alignment mentioned earlier is slightly weird but not a deal breaker.

There are a couple of icons in the LG Menu that are now dead links. I'm sure that is probably just one of those things we need to live with when removing bloat but leaving a manufacturers menu. No big deal.

Also one of the apps I'd downloaded (but wasn't sure if I was going to keep or not) didn't work properly after the new ROM. This alone isn't a big deal though as I wasn't positive I was liked it enough to keep. Fortunately I was using the trial and hadn't paid my $30 for the full version yet.

Also, as a side note, NOT a complaint .... not everyone that might use and donate to your project is a guy into dragons and gaming and other guy stuff. I have my phone very "girly-fied". The dragon at the start up isn't bothersome because hey, you did a lot of work on this and deserve your mark, but the one that shows up whenever I dial a call is honestly a little creepy. Can I change that anywhere?

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
Please note none of this is criticism - you deserve kuddos for your work. These are just thoughts from my personal perspective.

Well, I took the plunge and did the flash. I was so excited to get rid of the junk I didn't want and free up some screen real estate I just went for it.

I find it a little buggy now .... I can't shut the device off. I know this was a mentioned issue in the V2 but I flashed the V3.

Once today since flashing it locked and would not unlock (using the basic touch slider, not the fingerprint thing). I ended up having to remove the battery.

The keyboard alignment mentioned earlier is slightly weird but not a deal breaker.

There are a couple of icons in the LG Menu that are now dead links. I'm sure that is probably just one of those things we need to live with when removing bloat but leaving a manufacturers menu. No big deal.

Also one of the apps I'd downloaded (but wasn't sure if I was going to keep or not) didn't work properly after the new ROM. This alone isn't a big deal though as I wasn't positive I was liked it enough to keep. Fortunately I was using the trial and hadn't paid my $30 for the full version yet.

Also, as a side note, NOT a complaint .... not everyone that might use and donate to your project is a guy into dragons and gaming and other guy stuff. I have my phone very "girly-fied". The dragon at the start up isn't bothersome because hey, you did a lot of work on this and deserve your mark, but the one that shows up whenever I dial a call is honestly a little creepy. Can I change that anywhere?

The Dragon theme goes with our processor since it is a snapdragon. The Dialer is easily fixed. Just replace Dragon_Land.png and Dragon_Port.png in the windows folder with the images you want. Or you can change the following reg entries to whatever images you want:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\Progress\Portrait\Other]
"bmpNormal"="\\Windows\\Dragon_Port.png"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\Progress\Landscape\Other]
"bmpNormal"="\\Windows\\Dragon_Land.png"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\Dialer\Portrait\Other]
"bmpNormal"="\\Windows\\Dragon_Port.png"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\Dialer\Landscape\Other]
"bmpNormal"="\\Windows\\Dragon_Land.png"

Or the final way you can replace it is by installing the LG Dialer Restore cab attached to the following post:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6238569&postcount=2

Keep in mind if you use the cab and want to use the fingerprint scanner as a lock the dialer will not show up on the screen properly when you receive a call while it is locked.

clickclickpc

May 7, 2008
Dragonstorm - 23568 with iGO8 TTS?

Does iGO8 TTS work on this Dragonstorm - 23568 ROM? Considering purchasinng an LG Expo from AT&T and wanted to make sure iGO8 TTS worked. OR does iGO8 TTS work on the stock LG Expo ROM from AT&T?

globularfunk

Dec 2, 2009
Pretty Please

Thanks Dark. I think the 21907 rom version is the bomb diggity!! No issue for about a week. Super fast and enjoyable with the Leo CPU speed app. **** the Iphone 4 (oops sorry)

I know its silly but is there any way to have rom with Manila/Sense 2.5 cooked into it please? (i am just a poor old noob when it come to cooking roms) or a cab file to install it on your rockin' 21907 rom?

Somthing like this but not vga res (WVGA)
xda-developers.com/windows-mobile/sense-build-2-5-2012-ported-to-vga/
;)

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
OK guys. I am coming in here as a neutral party, having no prior knowledge of whatever may have happened on another forum.

This thread was created by Dark with the purpose of sharing a ROM designed to improve the usability of your Expos, and the recent conversations taking place serve no purpose other than to pull the thread off-topic. I am going to delete the posts in question and clean up the thread a bit. Nobody is getting banned today, but this post shall serve as your only warning. If the flaming/trolling/whatever returns, people will be given vacations.

Finally, speaking as a chef who got into cooking before the days of drag-n-drop VisualKitchen-type programs that exist today, it is not unrealistic for a chef to spend 50-100 hours getting his kitchen prepped to the point where something bootable will come out of it. I cannot speak to the ease (or difficulty) or cooking for non-HTC devices, but there is nothing wrong with a chef choosing to keep his kitchen private. My policy has always been to only release a complete kitchen when I move on to a different version or device. I would/still do provide any EXT packages or components of the kitchen that someone wants, upon request.

For issues between users, XDA Moderators always advise that you attempt resolution via PM. If nothing good comes from that method, please contact a Moderator, and we will happily get involved and assist in any way possible. Remember, flaming or personal attacks via PM are still vacation-eligible offenses.

josefcrist

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 5, 2008
Logan, UT
www.acetylated.com
Does iGO8 TTS work on this Dragonstorm - 23568 ROM? Considering purchasinng an LG Expo from AT&T and wanted to make sure iGO8 TTS worked. OR does iGO8 TTS work on the stock LG Expo ROM from AT&T?

I am on version 23568 and igo8 starts up but i have yet to figure out how to make it work with the gps.

on a side note. i hate windows vista i am going to have to wait until i get home to flash v3. i need to hard reset(tom tom breaks the bluetooth on the expo fyi) but i just decided to upgrade.

EDIT: flashed successfully everything seems to be working other than the classic today screen wireless plugin. the bluetooth icon is a big square instead of the "b" that it normally is.

2nd edit: i will test igo8 as soon as i have everything else setup on my expo.

3rd edit. igo8 works with the v3 rom quite well actually. here is a link that will help you get it going http://www.lg-expo.com/third-party-lg-expo-applications/igo8/

Last edited:

ohimjoaozao

Jun 26, 2010
hey Im new here and just got my expo a few days ago and flashed this rom. It is faster then the stock one but at the same time i find lots of bugs in it. Also, why isnt there anyother chef's?

ARHMogul

Feb 17, 2009
Burnsville
hey Im new here and just got my expo a few days ago and flashed this rom. It is faster then the stock one but at the same time i find lots of bugs in it. Also, why isnt there anyother chef's?

Try doing a hard reset after you flash, it helped correct several little errors. The reason there is no other chefs, is because cooking for LG is tough, ive been trying to figure it out for the last couple weeks. There is a write-up your welcome to give it a try yourself. :)

Top Liked Posts