huawei ascend

Search This thread

ktown6

Nov 4, 2009
ok so i just recently bought the new huawei ascend from cricket and come to find out the sound output from the headphones is very quiet is there anything i can do to get it louder? thanks for the help

CSouth

Oct 27, 2010
I just bought the phone as well.

Has anyone figured out how to root cricket's Huawei M860 Ascend?

I have tried:

universal androot
superoneclick

no luck so far

sethlang

Dec 13, 2008
ok so i just recently bought the new huawei ascend from cricket and come to find out the sound output from the headphones is very quiet is there anything i can do to get it louder? thanks for the help

Bluetooth headset may work better.

Has anyone figured out how to root cricket's Huawei M860 Ascend?

I have tried:

universal androot
superoneclick
This was done using the adb shell and the SuperOneClick files:
Try the link in my signature (I would post the link here but as a new user I cannot post outside links; I can also repost the full instructions on this forum but I would still need moderator permission to post as my instructions contain links).
Oops signatures don't work either, try copying and pasting the following in you browser:
howardforums.com/showthread.php/1681477-How-to-root-the-Cricket-Huawei-Ascend-(Huawei-M860)

Last edited:

CSouth

Oct 27, 2010
M860 Ascend

Thanks,

The web page loads great but the method with using the rageagainstthecage doesn't seem to work. I get a permission denied at the ./rageagainstthecage command line.

looks like someone else had the same problem.

CSouth

Oct 27, 2010
Thanks kambeix,

Yes the SuperOneClick 1.3 and no SD Card worked great for the Cricket Wireless Huawei M860 Ascend. I was also able to download barnacle and it installed great.

Also thanks to Shortfuse for the great program and the C skills website for the exploit

A couple of things:

- I restored my phone to factory settings before beginning.
- I enabled USB debugging

For anyone else who needs it I have attached the file.

Attachments

• SuperOneClickv1.3-ShortFuse.zip
    582.8 KB · Views: 2,504

Mustang915

Oct 30, 2010
Youtube

please make a video I don't seem to get it... the program says "Waiting on device"

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
Make sure the phone is in usb debugging mode and that your computer has the drivers installed for the phone, you may also need to install busybox on the phone from the market.

Try following these instructions:
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Last edited:

jcaf77

Jan 29, 2009
south east
I got mine working, I wouldnt work until I unchecked usb debugging and checked it again, also I left the sd card in and unmount it...

CSouth

Oct 27, 2010
for recovery/bootloader

While the phone is powered off, press the Volume up, End, and Power buttons at the same time. it will go through the Huawei screen and the Cricket screen before getting to the recovery mode.

Here a link for the book:

huaweidevice.com/community/servlet/JiveServlet/download/175-288856-293390-9525814/HUAWEI%20ASCEND%20M860%20Smart%20Phone%20FAQs-(V100R001_01,EN).doc

One issue I had with rooting the phone was that it looped when running the program or said 'waiting for device'. I unplugged the usb cable and un-checked USB de-bugging then re-checked USB debugging and it worked great.

I just finished rooting my friends phone and we installed barnacle for the wifi tethering (which is why we needed the root!). 2 for 2 !

ayo0

Oct 30, 2010
Help! I cant do it!!

ok i tried super one click and it just loops over and over again, i've tried putting it in usb debugging mode, and it still loops, now i turned debugging off and it just stays at "waiting for device", what should i do? any ideas? (and i do have the drivers installed for the huaweai ascend)

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
Make sure your sd card isn't mounted-

Have you followed these instructions?

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

You have to add the http to the link, the forum wont let me directly link, I guess my account is too new...

xlarkascendingx

Jul 29, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Could someone possibly send me the original recovery image? And instructions on how to flash it lol :p I accidentally installed the wrong one and now I can't install a working one over that.

Mustang915

Oct 30, 2010
I did all the steps and now it keeps saying
running rageagainstthecage then
Waiting on Device
running rageagainstthecage then
Waiting on Device
and on and on....
Please help I check my usb cables and they all work including my usb ports.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does the same exact thing for me when I use the(correct) key combination...

That is the recovery mode :)

For bootloader to use update.zip extra:

Press volume up, power and the call button. You need to hold down those until it goes to bootloader. you will see the Huawei screen then the Android screen before the bootloader screen.

If it says unpacking try to remove the memory card then try again.
    Gingerbread based theme for Ascend

I'm working on a Gingerbread based theme for our beloved phone, it's almost complete but I'm running into some issues trying to change the text color in the notification bar and some other places where text is no longer visible because it's black on black. If anyone here can help please let me know. I've attached some screenshots of the theme in action.
    Clockworkmod

Everyone should request support for the Ascend for the clockworkmod rom manager, that would be the real first step to getting some real modding done on the Ascend, I nearly bricked my phone a few times working on that theme, I had to reflash my phone back to stock 3 times.... which really sucks. Contact page is here for clockworkmod http://www.clockworkmod.com/contact and here is the contact email address koush@clockworkmod.com

Lets make this happen people!!!
    i used barnicle for the wifi tether and it worked real good. what did you use to delete the trash programs and could you list them so that i can make sure i get them off as well. i tried but could not get it done. Thanks in advance

I used Titanium Backup. It's the best free file manager and remover you can get. You are also going to need to download Superuser to grant permission to apps. In order to do so, you need to have a rooted phone, you can download z4 and go from there. I used the Permanent root feature. If you are not familiar with the procedure, I would Google what a rooted phone is and what all is needed.

Essentially, its accessing files hidden by the service provided which you can delete or modify.

I went to town after I rooted my phone and deleted lots of un-necessary features and apps that blogged down the phone. Good luck!

I made a kind of Official Ascend forum here. Feel free to post up anything that might come to mind. I think this thread has been hijacked over 100 times by now lol.
    Ascend Overclocked

Got the Ascend to overclock using Droid Overclock that i was able to get in Applanet. Noticeable speed increase. PM me I can send you the APK, Droid overclock in the market doesnt work. I dont know the difference.
    Well makes the phone very useable.
    Hopefully a 2.2 rom or custom roms get released on this beauty soon.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D