[Q] common issues

Search This thread

kimdarrel

Apr 18, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Hi! I'm planning to buy the LTE version of this phone tom. I wanna ask what are the common issues that I need to check and or common issue after months of using like screen unreponsiveness or not accurate touch screen deadpixels so I can think for other options or I can live with the issues if there is a work around.. Thabks in advance!

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
Hi! I'm planning to buy the LTE version of this phone tom. I wanna ask what are the common issues that I need to check and or common issue after months of using like screen unreponsiveness or not accurate touch screen deadpixels so I can think for other options or I can live with the issues if there is a work around.. Thabks in advance!

All the 'potential' problem you list may or may not happen to you/anyone with any phones...

The only real problem with the S4 mini is the KNOX protection. Which prevent you modding your phone, as a triggered knox voids warranty.

kodyro

Dec 20, 2011
Got this for about two months now, only issue that I couldn't fix is GPS... Gps is very unstable as for me. Also there is not that many roms with this device. I wouldn't buy this now... In general no samsung devices for me...

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
Got this for about two months now, only issue that I couldn't fix is GPS... Gps is very unstable as for me. Also there is not that many roms with this device. I wouldn't buy this now... In general no samsung devices for me...

There's at least 8 ROMs if not more for the S4 mini... How many more you want? I have Sygic on mine, and it works perfectly.

However I may agree with the idea with no Samsung, but all the reason you given is not a valid one.

daywalker1914

May 16, 2013
Sofia
Last edited:

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
Battery issue is a big problem. People talking around of it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2775477&page=2
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2779448

in certain circumstances the battery drains very quickly.
Other than that, there is a custom roms, mine GPS working fine.

And i do not undurstand the fuss about KNOX, because if you want to replace it you can electrically shock the device, and no one can tell what rom did you had on it...

That a software problem... particularly a kernel one. It not the phone itself. And if you want to talk about software problem, I want to know which phone doesn't have one? Even Google Edition phones that uses AOSP has problems.

daywalker1914

May 16, 2013
Sofia
Yes, all smart phones has software misgivings in one or another way, but all phones are comprised both of software and hardware, and for me, i cannot give hardware disadvantage to this one, i can only share my opinion on the problem with the battery (no one actuality confirmed 100% where the problem is, almost everybody suspects that it is a software - kernel, problem), because for me, the battery drains some times fast, some times slow, and this is really awful. I cannot relay on this phone.

kodyro

Dec 20, 2011
There's at least 8 ROMs if not more for the S4 mini... How many more you want? I have Sygic on mine, and it works perfectly.

However I may agree with the idea with no Samsung, but all the reason you given is not a valid one.

basicly i've tried most of them, however it was device fault.