[Q] Call Disconnected - Any Advice?

Search This thread
Apr 3, 2011
I've been seeing this problem for a few weeks now, with several different ROMs, including the original rooted stock ROM now. In nearly all of my recent calls, I get disconnected one or more times with the message "Call disconnected" and a "Dismiss" button. I'm thinking that this is because of my EVO and not the other side, since usually if they accidentally hang up or something the call just ends without a message box. As far as I can tell, I have good reception (at least according to the bars), and this is happening at home, where I've not had the problem before.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? My wife's EVO is not rooted, and she does not seem to be having this problem. But then again, I've not had the problem until fairly recently either. I've tried updating my profile and PRL with each new ROM, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to stop this from happening?

dougjamal

Aug 26, 2010
Orlando, FL
Go into the settings menu andbupdate both your PRL and your profile. That *should* help with reception related issues.

posting & replying via the XDA Premium app.

Apr 3, 2011
Unfortunately, I've tried both of those things. I just did some testing today, and it seems that my phone is unable to stay connected during a phone call for more than five minutes before disconnecting, even if I don't touch the phone and just leave it sitting on a table.

Any other ideas? As far as I know, I haven't ever flashed my radio away from its default (2.15.00.11.19), and I'm currently using the leaked stock gingerbread ROM (build number 4.12.651.1 CL41771 release-keys and kernel 2.6.35.10-gaa602b7 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1).

Maybe it's time to unroot and contact Sprint? :(

dougjamal

Aug 26, 2010
Orlando, FL
You can try downgrading from 2.15.00.11.19 to 2.15.00.09.01. You can download it from http://www.mediafire.com/file/jyedjkp1bm5amwm/EVO_Radio_2.15.00.09.01.zip
Afterwards, go into recovery, wipe cache & dalvik cache then flash the zip. You will be taken to the radio update screen and appear to hang. don't worry or get impatient. After it is finished, you will reboot into recovery and see the words "clearing cache" at the top of the screen. Simply select reboot and then you will boot to your homescreen. The initial boot will take a tad longer since it will be rebuilding the dalvik.

Apr 3, 2011
Hmm... I'm hesitant to downgrade my radio because my wife has an EVO with the same radio version number and hers doesn't have this problem. Granted, she is not rooted...

dougjamal

Aug 26, 2010
Orlando, FL
I understand. I've downgraded and upgraded everything several times for testing purposes and troubleshooting purposes and have never had a problem. The only hing about flashing radios is patience and not to pull the battery. Anyway, you can always call Sprint and see if they can troubleshoot it for you from their end.

posting & replying via the XDA Premium app.

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
I would contact sprint @ 877-809-6696 (advanced tech supp). Ask them to push a full reprovision to your device. See if that helps any. I was having issues when when on the airave, I was unable to receive incoming calls. This corrected it. I did try all the other steps listed above without any success.

Apr 3, 2011
This is interesting. I unrooted to test things out before calling Sprint, and the problem went away. I was able to stay connected for an hour (where before I couldn't last longer than 10-15 minutes). Yay, fixed, right? So, I rooted again and didn't install any ROMs or anything, just rooted, and the problem came back.

So, I have a solution, but I don't like it very much because it means I need to stay unrooted. Anyone have any idea why simply rooting the phone with Unrevoked 3 (and doing nothing else) could cause calls to disconnect? I'd love to be able to root again, but I can't deal with a phone that randomly disconnects all the time.

*Hooligan*

May 15, 2008
Mobile
I am interested in this as well as I am rooted using unrevoked and get disconnected as well. I do find that it mainly happens though talking to people who have service on AT&T.. Quite wierd. All I hear is a beep then disconnected. This happens when I first place a call and it rings once or twice then beep, disconnected...

Apr 3, 2011
This may not be related to rooting. I'm still communicating with Sprint about this issue, and along they way they replaced my phone entirely, and the problem is still happening. Very frustrating, but it makes it very clear that the problem actually has nothing to do with the hardware. I'm pretty sure there is some network configuration problem on their end now. I'm waiting to root my new phone until this issue has been resolved. It is killing me! :)

bryangopan

Jan 13, 2008
This may not be related to rooting. I'm still communicating with Sprint about this issue, and along they way they replaced my phone entirely, and the problem is still happening. Very frustrating, but it makes it very clear that the problem actually has nothing to do with the hardware. I'm pretty sure there is some network configuration problem on their end now. I'm waiting to root my new phone until this issue has been resolved. It is killing me! :)

So whats the final call on this ..?

Is it Rooting , Is it network .. i am too getting psyche with this .

Apr 3, 2011
I'm pretty sure it is not rooting. But I don't yet know for certain what it is. Sprint thought there might be something wrong with the antenna on my phone, but they had already replaced the phone, so I think that is unlikely. They gave me a femtocell range extender to use in my house. Basically, I plug it into my broadband connection, and it is like having a mini cell tower in my house, giving me a very strong connection. Sure enough, when connected to that, I haven't had any calls drop. However, my phone still sometimes doesn't connect to the femtocell and instead connects to some other tower for some reason. My wife's phone doesn't do this, so I still think there is something wrong with my phone. I may contact Sprint again about this. ...sigh...

jamhassan

Jun 1, 2011
www.weetect.com
What is your area some area evo don't work properly like on rahim yar khan in this time connection don't work properly some signal drop and some time up i sure after few day signal work properly then problems will be solve.