Nike SSPL, USPL and HardSPL

Search This thread

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
WORKS LIKE A CHARM !!!!

you're AMAZING man :)

followed the simple steps and flashed the WWE asia rom instead of the damn swedish rom i had and voila :D

man i feel like i was blind and now i can SEE :)

am tooooooooooooo DAMN happy ... you made my year man

I'm looking to flash the same ROM but before I do that can you please confirm if it's the 16 key or 20 key variant? as I have the 16 key touch dual. thanks!

t0p0gigi0

Dec 12, 2007
I'm newbie at this things, so.... explain me this:

This unlock Touch Dual for any SIM and NETwork card? It's not by code, right?

After doing the instructions of the first post can I install my original ROM and keep PDA unlocked? How to keep my ROM in Portuguese?

Thanks in avdance

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
Hi Jockyw2001, as per your instructions i did the following:

- REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !!
- connect usb cable
- copy sspl-1.16-nike.exe to your device and run it
- after a few seconds "USB" appears on the display - OK
- unplug and replug the usb cable - OK
- I flashed the attached test splash screen by running ROMUpdateUtility.exe from flash-splash-niki - OK but did notice my device went to full hard reset back to factory settings is this normal? had to do a system restore via Sprite Backup!

THE NEXT TWO STEPS IS WHERE I GET ERROR 262!!!
- Tried to flash the uspl-1.16-nike.nbh by running ROMUpdateUtility.exe from flash-uspl-niki - ERROR
- Tried also to flash the hardspl-1.16-nike.nbh by running ROMUpdateUtility.exe from flash-hardspl-niki - Again ERROR!!

Each time on the above two steps my device goes into the tri-colour bootloader screen with the progress bar at 0 then after about 3-5 min I get Update Error!!! Luckily my device is fine except for the fact I get the Smart Mobility - TEST ONLY NOT FOR SALE splash on on every bootup, how do I get rid of it and what am I doing wrong? please help!

UPDATE: Oops my mistake just realized had to run SSPL each time I flashed, Flashed HARD SPL it's OK now;) PLEASE IGNORE ALL SORTED!! Just Flashed HTCAsiaWWE ROM Thanks ahmad yousry, it's a nippy ROM compared to my previous bloated Orange ROM!!!

Big thanks to jockw2001,Olipro,Pof and others!!!

Last edited:

colaito

Dec 30, 2007
Changed Rom on Touch Dual. Still Sim Locked

Fantastic work.
Mine is a qwerty version of Spanish Vodafone network sim locked 5500 touch dual.
This afternoon I put on my device the Test Version of the Roms avaliable and works great!!
I follow steps but I did not flash the uspl, only instal sspl, unplug, plug again and install rom......
First attempt 15%... conexion lost!!!!. All my fears come to me...... recovery did well work...... UUUUUffffffffff!!!!!
Second attempt.... after 6 minutes. All working. No red Vodafone start splash screen, Contacts in the red button (not the ****ing VF Live!!!)
But still not possible to put Movistar SIM....Still network locked.
Anyway It will come sooooonnnn
Im very happy whith new rom. Much better than before..
PLEASE DONATE TO NIKI PROJECT. WE ALL NEED HELP!!!!!!!!
Colaito

oddball1

May 28, 2007
Schiedam
Yes, you can update the rom!

HARD SPL = only unlocking your device so you can put another niki rom on to it!

toddbud

Jan 2, 2008
Think I bricked my 16 key

Followed instructions as per above. Was able to update to 15%, did not recover. Now when I try to load the uspl, hardspl or flash I get a communications error. When I try to flash the ASIA ROM (above), it shows 1% then the phone blacks out and I get ERROR [294] Invalid vendor ID. When I yank the battery and turn back on, I get a the red, green blue screen with the following info: NIKI 100, SPL-1.16.0000, CPLD-4 (RUUNBH in top right corner).

Help!

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
Followed instructions as per above. Was able to update to 15%, did not recover. Now when I try to load the uspl, hardspl or flash I get a communications error. When I try to flash the ASIA ROM (above), it shows 1% then the phone blacks out and I get ERROR [294] Invalid vendor ID. When I yank the battery and turn back on, I get a the red, green blue screen with the following info: NIKI 100, SPL-1.16.0000, CPLD-4 (RUUNBH in top right corner).

Help!
It means the USPL or HardSPL wasn't flashed to your device in the first place.
Then you tried to update the ROM which doesn't work of course and now your Niki is still in Rom Update Mode.
You can get it out of that mode by using MTTY to connect to your device via USB (search for MTTY 1.42). Make sure activesync setting "Allow USB connections" is not checked!.

Press return 2 times and you will see a "Cmd>" prompt.
Type "task 8" and your device should reboot normally.
Then try again to flash the USPL or HardSPL (recommended) and once it is installed flash the ROM of your choice.

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
Very wise words Pawel062, thanks for contributing them.
But not to worry, this SSPL works fine. I solved the usb issue.

We patched CableChanged but omitted to try loading it with cable connected then unplugging and replugging, unfortunate because we actually also then delved into detectUsbCable evidently unnecessarily... still, it was quite amusing to do since I (Olipro) hacked up a bit of shellcode to BL to that would display "Wahey" and a number on the screen (per iteration) so that we could see where execution got to, anyhow, we're in the US now (New Jersey specifically) so we're technically AWOL at the moment :p

notes from cmonex: you probably already know which function we refer to when mentioning CableChanged, but if not, then it is the function where you patched a BEQ to NOP to always load the proper flag for USB connection. (we did the same patch but as Olipro says above, we didn't test it properly .. then no more testing, as we've gone to the US. :D )
...but if you didn't know the function name, in that case i wonder how you got there without knowing the functions ;)
anyway did you see my post in Kaiser SIM Unlock thread, i didn't see a reply from you? thanks.

Last edited:

calvin4000

Aug 11, 2005
Fribourg
www.pcf.ch
if you upgrade to the asian rom,will xt9 still be there.i'd do anything just to get rid of xt9!!!

Yes Sir..

I updated my 16 keys French version to the ASIA English version... the keyboard works properly, but still starts with XT9 on...

On the other hand, the languages are still : English, French, German, Italian and Spanish by default.... nice....

It's worth it to donate, guys...

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
...but if you didn't know the function name, in that case i wonder how you got there without knowing the functions ;)
anyway did you see my post in Kaiser SIM Unlock thread, i didn't see a reply from you? thanks.
I found this by pure reversing via deduction and comparison.
I simply compared behaviour of pof's sspl for kaiser with the niki spl (which also runs on kaiser). My only debugging tools are "FEFFFFEA", call printmodelinfo and ida pro. So by using those tools i first determined code flow of pof's sspl and then forced niki-1.16 to do the same thing. The usb patch is my work, the other patches are of course from pof and olipro.

Regarding the work on sim unlock, sure we can collaborate as long as we won't call each other ***** and keep it friendly :D

luca-cimaglia

Feb 8, 2006
help me please ... didn't work...

download the attached files
- REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !! - OK
- connect usb cable - OK
- copy sspl-1.16-nike.exe to your device and run it - OK
- after a few seconds "USB" appears on the display - AFTER 1/2 SECOND I SEE ONLY 1 SECOND THE "USB" AND "Loading..." BUT NOTHING HAPPEND...

tom_codon

Sep 29, 2006
www.tom-codon.tk
download the attached files
- REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !! - OK
- connect usb cable - OK
- copy sspl-1.16-nike.exe to your device and run it - OK
- after a few seconds "USB" appears on the display - AFTER 1/2 SECOND I SEE ONLY 1 SECOND THE "USB" AND "Loading..." BUT NOTHING HAPPEND...

Hum....U installed USPL or Hard-SPL ???
I mean Run Ruu update USPL or Hard-SPL ??

toddbud

Jan 2, 2008
MTTY 1.42 Does not have USB option

It means the USPL or HardSPL wasn't flashed to your device in the first place.
Then you tried to update the ROM which doesn't work of course and now your Niki is still in Rom Update Mode.
You can get it out of that mode by using MTTY to connect to your device via USB (search for MTTY 1.42). Make sure activesync setting "Allow USB connections" is not checked!.

Press return 2 times and you will see a "Cmd>" prompt.
Type "task 8" and your device should reboot normally.
Then try again to flash the USPL or HardSPL (recommended) and once it is installed flash the ROM of your choice.

Thanks for all the help so far. However, I followed your instructions, but can not seem to get it to work.

I downloaded MTTY 1.42, unchecked activesync setting "allow USB...", connected phone to computer (phone in red, green, blue screen mode), started MTTY and get no USB option for connecting.

I also downloaded another MTTY version 0.01, which does give me the USB option but gives me the error "USB port can not open"

Help Again!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi buddy, let's see if I can help you ;)

A lot of people get confused about all the attachements on the first post of this thread, so I'm gonna try to make it a bit easier:

1. download the attached files and extract them from the zip file.
    - sspl-1.16-nike.exe
    - HardSPL 1.22

2. REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !!

3. Turn your device on.

4. connect usb cable and connect with Active Sync.

5. copy sspl-1.16-nike.exe to your device and run it (usb cable must be connected!)
    - You have to run it on your device by tapping on it.
    - Your device will now jump into the bootloader (4 coloured screen)

5. after a few seconds "USB" appears on the display (4 coloured screen)

6. unplug (wait 10 seconds) and replug the usb cable (4 coloured screen)

7. you can now flash the Hardspl-1.22 by running Nike CustomRUU.exe from flash-uspl-niki

8. Now you can flash every rom you want :D

(When flashing a WM 6.5 rom, you're radio must be 1.65 or above)
    The attached SSPL, USPL and HardSPL are based on the Nike shipped SPL v1.16
    EDIT: HardSPL v.1.15 (MFG - manufacturing) with rtask support now added. I highly recommend to install this version !!!

1. download the attached files
    2. REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !!
    3. connect usb cable
    4. copy sspl-1.16-nike.exe to your device and run it (usb cable must be connected!)
    5. after a few seconds "USB" appears on the display
    6. unplug and replug the usb cable
    (OPTIONAL, better to skip it! step 7. if you only want to test the sspl try flashing the attached splash screen by running ROMUpdateUtility.exe from flash-splash-niki)
    8. you can now flash the hardspl-1.15mfg-nike.nbh by running ROMUpdateUtility.exe from flash-uspl-niki
    9. after installing the hardspl you can flash any rom (rom cook project here)

Note:
    The USPL is not a "HardSPL" which means it gets overwritten when you flash a full ROM. You have to run the SSPL if you want to flash any ROM again.
    The HardSPL is never overwritten which in case of flashing trouble is a great insurance. Should you want to flash another SPL or USPL you must run the SSPL.

NEW HardSPL 1.22 LINK BELOW

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2786065&postcount=439

Important:
    Use at your own risk! I'm not responsible for any damage to your device caused by using the attached files.

Credits:
    Pof, Des, Olipro and thanks to arc for testing this.

Donations:
    Any donation amount is greatly appreciated :)
    Nike 1.22 shipped Hardspl

Hey guys,

Thanks for verifying the hardspl works for you guys too.

I have removed the experimental parts from the filename and I think this hardspl could be put on the first post of this thread if it helps people.

I was wondering if people who use the 1.22 hardspl could post saying if they feel the 1.22 spl has changed the performance of their nike in anyway (for better or for worse).

I am also looking at how wifi works in the spl and eventually in the radio.

Is the niki wifi team still active? Could any of you give me any pointers to prevent any duplicated work.

I know from comparing the nike spl to other MSM7200 spl's that the code used to load wifi firmware is missing in the nike spl. I'm going to work on porting the wifi loading code into the niki 1.22 spl. I guess the wifi still needs to be enabled in the Radio and the OS will need wifi drivers. I don't even know if there is any wifi firmware at 0x50100000 on niki devices.
    sorry stupid question :eek:

when i run it the screen goes black and connection to the device is lost after a sew sec but nothing else. Dont see any messages...

i am very very new to HTC, i got a french version and want to change it to English.

please help!!!

Welcome hairbrush4,

I have 2 questions for you,

1. Can you confirm that you're phone is a niki100, you can see that under your battery.
    2. If yes, did you removed your sim and sd-card.

Just let me know.

Greetz,
    thanks

1. it thought so but may be i am wrong.
    its says:
    HTC Touch Dual P5310
    NEON 400

2. its cdma phone so no sim and no sd.

HI hairbrush4, you have to read THIS and you'll found all information for your phone this thread is for another phone, they both look the same but they are different, that is why it isn't working.

Greetz,