ADB Connection to The Fire HD

Search This thread

reverendkjr

Nov 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
www.youtube.com
I'm not getting ADB to recognize the KFHD.

Yes, I have debugging turned on.

Yes, in Device Manager, I see the Kindle Fire as a Composite ADB Interface

Yes, my AndroidSDK is up to date

Yes, I installed the Amazon drivers

Yes, I killed and restarted the adb server

I cannot figure out why it's not talking. It looks as if it should be working. Any ideas?

T

tansy

I had to go to:
C:\Users\myusername\.android and edit the adb_usb.ini and add the following line:
0x1949

Then I killed and restarted adb and it saw it and I was able to install some apks.

Hope this helps!

I cannot figure out why it's not talking. It looks as if it should be working. Any ideas?

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Thread Moved

As the contains no development.​

PMcHargue

Aug 21, 2012
ADB doesn't see my Kindle HD 7

Awesome, want to try it when I receive my HD 7 this week...

I picked up the downloads for the Qmenuroot. Installed the ADB drivers referred to in the OP. In my Win7 system's devices manager, I see the ADB driver for the Kindle Fire HD listed as working correctly. Also, the USB driver is in & working, and I can transfer files to/from the kindle. (though I had to re-install the USB driver after I installed the ADB driver)

The problem now is that when I type "ADB devices", it tells me that there are no devices available. Unplug/plug in the USB connection, wait for a bit, "ADB kill-server", "ADB devices" and still no devices available. I have a CMD prompt open in the correct directory. Tried rebooting the kindle, unplug/plug in the USB connector, all kinds of combinations.

I'd like to root this, in anticipation of a JB build for it, (or even ICS) but without ADB, I don't see how.

Has anyone had an issue like this that they have solved? I haven't mastered ADB in any sense, though I've used it to good effect before to un-brick my TF101.

TIA;
Patrick

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

I had to go to:
C:\Users\myusername\.android and edit the adb_usb.ini and add the following line:
0x1949

Then I killed and restarted adb and it saw it and I was able to install some apks.

Hope this helps!

Well, I added the magic line you suggested, and this now works for me. I'm surprised that running "C:\android-sdk\tools\android.bat update adb" (the corrct directory for me) didn't fix this.

Ah well - so many things to learn. Thanks for your guidance.

Pat

Zimblotnik

Jan 7, 2012
Driver install problem

This didn't do anything for me. Any other ideas?

Hi,

I just had the same problem, added the line in the ini file, checked everything. One thing that was a little off was that the driver name was "Android ADB Interface" not "Android Composite ADB Interface". I left the Kindle HD plugged into the computer by mistake when I deleted the driver, and the driver reinstalled itself in about 30 seconds (plug and play). It installed as the "Android Composite ADB Interface". After that it was easy going to root it and get to my google play account.

I hope that helps someone!

PMcHargue

Aug 21, 2012
Hi,

I just had the same problem, added the line in the ini file, checked everything. One thing that was a little off was that the driver name was "Android ADB Interface" not "Android Composite ADB Interface". I left the Kindle HD plugged into the computer by mistake when I deleted the driver, and the driver reinstalled itself in about 30 seconds (plug and play). It installed as the "Android Composite ADB Interface". After that it was easy going to root it and get to my google play account.

This worked for me, thank you. ADB can now 'see' my KFHD 7, and I was able to revert a file from backup to get it to boot again.

kbrodigan

Jul 28, 2008
This worked for me, thank you. ADB can now 'see' my KFHD 7, and I was able to revert a file from backup to get it to boot again.

USB hubs cause problems, just sayin'.

I went round and round with this until I decided to plug directly into the PC and avoid the hub. Worked perfectly.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

If you have tried everything and still no workie, make sure you aren't using a USB hub. ADB wasn't listing it as a device but yet I was able to see it in Device Manager and even transfer files to/from it. Once I eliminated the USB hub, all was well. ADB now sees it.

Misfit77

Mar 31, 2011

onemeila

Jan 2, 2012
Winchester

Mine was doing the same thing
Follow the link that the OP gives(i'll also post it)
Follow the instructions in BOTH the links below. The second link are instructions to get kindle fire add-ons(including usb drivers) for SDK.
https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/connect-adb.html
https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/setup.html#step6

Last edited:

dergutehirte

Nov 11, 2009
Germany
I had the same problem, with adb, not finding my Kindle Fire. I downloaded the current Android SDK und used that ADB without changing anything. Works fine for me :) I also just copied the adb.exe in the same directory as rootqemu.bat and replaced the old one ( old ~159kb new ~796kb ).

addicus

Mar 13, 2006
Inland Empire, California
Hello All,

I could use some assistance. I have ADB installed properly and the drivers for the Kindle Fire HD from this thread installed also. My issue is the Kindle Fire HD driver states:

Android Composite ADB Interface

The device cannot start (Code 10)

I am using the driver from 12/3/2012 version 1.2.0.0 and I get this error code if I have the Fire directly connected to the usb port on the pc or through the usb hub. Same issue over and over. Even if I attempt to use other Kindle Fire HD drivers.

Also, I have made the change in the adb_usb.ini file.

Midnight1970

Mar 28, 2011
Raceland, KY
Hi,

This ABSOLUTELY helped me! Was bangin' my head against the wall for a WHILE before I this little nugget got me going! THANK YOU!

HypnoT0AD

Feb 17, 2016
Hi, I have no issue connecting to my Kindle Fire using ADB under Ubuntu using a USB cable, no drivers were needed.

However I'm trying to get ADB over WIFI to work, but I get "unable to connect to 192.168.1.234:5555"

Has anyone managed to do ADB over WIfi or is it not implemented on the Kindle Rom? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Driver install problem

This didn't do anything for me. Any other ideas?

Hi,

This is useful to anybody trying to get ADB going. I can confirm it works.

https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/connect-adb.html

No OTG support as far as I can tell. Or at least, it doesn't power the bus. It did lock when I added a powered hub. That might mean it works, but doesn't supply power.
    Hi,

How activate USB Debugging on Kindle Fire HD 7 ? Or this option activated by default ?

from the notification area click on more , security , ADB on