[1080*1920] [3 Pack] [First Attempt] Nexus 5 Boot Animations!

What do you think of my first ever boot animation?

• Good

Votes: 44 86.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

LewisD94

Aug 23, 2012
Hey guys,

Today I have been experimenting with the Nexus 5's boot animations and because I am a total newcomer to boot animations/graphics in general I wanted to share my journey with XDA, after all XDA is all about learning about our devices right?
So as I said, today I have been creating boot animations for the first time, please try not to judge my boot animations against the 'top of the range' ones as I am very new to this but either way I still wanted to share...

The first boot screen that I made today is called REVOLT:
REVOLT.png

REVOLT.zip - 1.03 MB (Flashable from recovery)

The second boot screen that I made today is called GoogleSimplicityWhite:
Google_Simplicity_White.gif

GoogleSimplicityWhite.zip - 628.53 KB (Flashable from recovery)

The third boot screen that I made today is called GoogleSimplicityBlack:
Google_Simplicity_Black.gif

GoogleSimplicityBlack.zip - 590.52 KB (Flashable from recovery)

Note: If you need to revert back to your stock boot animation for any reason then I've provided a flashable zip for that too: GoogleStock.zip - 1.14 MB (Flashable from recovery)!

Thanks for taking your time to view my topic, I would greatly appreciate any feedback about these boot animations as I would like to start making better ones in the future...

Thanks to XDA Recognized Contributor @enricocid for introducing me to the flashable .ZIP template.
GoogleSimplicityWhite is being used in the following ROMs: PURE WHITE by @miseusegau

Last edited:
E

EnricoD

@LewisD94

I added Your boot (Nice job, I like it! :D) inside a flashable zip so You can remove instructions :p

View attachment Google_bootanimation.zip

You can use the zip to flash Your works in the future :)

If You open the zip You will find an updater-script inside Google_bootanimation.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\

It looks like this if You open on notepad++ :)

Code:
ui_print("[COLOR="Red"]Installing[/COLOR]");
ui_print("[COLOR="Red"]bootanimation[/COLOR]");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/system");
ui_print("[COLOR="Red"]xda[/COLOR]");

You can change the ui_prints to visualize what You want during the flash process, just change the red hilighted text inside the quotes, and add what You want (the name of the boot, Your name etc etc)

and add the bootanimation.zip inside

Google_bootanimation.zip\system\media\

;)

LewisD94

Aug 23, 2012
@LewisD94

I added Your boot (Nice job, I like it! :D) inside a flashable zip so You can remove instructions :p

View attachment 2594442

If You open the zip You will find an updater-script inside Google_bootanimation.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\

Code:

You can change the ui_prints to visualize what You want during the flash process, just change the red hilighted text inside the quotes, and add what You want (the name of the boot, Your name etc etc)

;)

Glad you like it man!

I really appreciate your support! I'm going to release a few more tonight and this will come in handy, thanks!
:cool:

Reactions: tpcrackpipe

r0cky0790

Oct 1, 2010
Chicago
Will be following this thread.

"Cataclysm + ElementalX + Dalvik/Bionic Patches + Exposed + Gravity Box & Candy shop Mods + Jishnu's Camera Mod/LG G2 Camera Port + Latest GPU Drivers + -75 UV Across The Board + 4 OC Cores @ 2.226 GHz + TWRP" My Nexus Is The ?,┌П┐[◣_◢]┌П┐!

miseusegau

Sep 20, 2012
savona
the most beautiful bootanimation of recent times .... include it in the next version of my stock .... great job lewis:cool:

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5

Reactions: LewisD94
J

justinisloco

Those Google ones are just pure perfection. I haven't booted it up yet on my phone but I am really excited. I want to try both the white and black, and can't decide! They are just pure sex.

Thank you!!

LewisD94

Aug 23, 2012
Those Google ones are just pure perfection. I haven't booted it up yet on my phone but I am really excited. I want to try both the white and black, and can't decide! They are just pure sex.

Thank you!!

HaHa! I'm really glad that you like them, I'm so happy that my first ever boot animation attempts have been so well received by the XDA community! I'd be happy to see a reply from you to tell me which one that you ended up using out of the two...

Thanks for your feedback thus far,
LewisD94

J

justinisloco

HaHa! I'm really glad that you like them, I'm so happy that my first ever boot animation attempts have been so well received by the XDA community! I'd be happy to see a reply from you to tell me which one that you ended up using out of the two...

Thanks for your feedback thus far,
LewisD94

I ended up with the black one. I had the white one, and loved it, but with an all black boot loader screen, and all black phone, an all black screen was the way to go.

Just out of curiosity, this is showing my OCD, but could you make a black one that matches the boot screen with the padlock? That way it almost looks like the entire phone boot sequence is one seamless screen?

Like your black bootanim with that lock icon we get at the bottom

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

LewisD94

Aug 23, 2012
I ended up with the black one. I had the white one, and loved it, but with an all black boot loader screen, and all black phone, an all black screen was the way to go.

Just out of curiosity, this is showing my OCD, but could you make a black one that matches the boot screen with the padlock? That way it almost looks like the entire phone boot sequence is one seamless screen?

Like your black bootanim with that lock icon we get at the bottom

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I did try to do that but unfortunately it's pretty hard to line it all up in order to make it perfect. I doubt I could get it to be good enough to satisfy my own OCD mate... Sorry. I'm glad to know that you gave both boot animations a chance and I'm glad you made your mind up based on your phone model too!

The main reason why I made the black version was because I wanted people to choose based on the version of their Nexus 5... I'm using the white version of the Nexus 5 so I'm using the white boot animation myself. :good:

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
would like to see you expound on the revolt one... that's exactly what I've been looking for... a true STATEMENT

perhaps one with the "Don't Tread On Me" flag?

Last edited:

cmdmilitia13

Jan 20, 2011
camden,nj
The revolt one is awesome.. I flash it back every time I flash a new ROM ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Today I have been experimenting with the Nexus 5's boot animations and because I am a total newcomer to boot animations/graphics in general I wanted to share my journey with XDA, after all XDA is all about learning about our devices right?
    So as I said, today I have been creating boot animations for the first time, please try not to judge my boot animations against the 'top of the range' ones as I am very new to this but either way I still wanted to share...

The first boot screen that I made today is called REVOLT:
    REVOLT.png

REVOLT.zip - 1.03 MB (Flashable from recovery)

The second boot screen that I made today is called GoogleSimplicityWhite:
    Google_Simplicity_White.gif

GoogleSimplicityWhite.zip - 628.53 KB (Flashable from recovery)

The third boot screen that I made today is called GoogleSimplicityBlack:
    Google_Simplicity_Black.gif

GoogleSimplicityBlack.zip - 590.52 KB (Flashable from recovery)

Note: If you need to revert back to your stock boot animation for any reason then I've provided a flashable zip for that too: GoogleStock.zip - 1.14 MB (Flashable from recovery)!

Thanks for taking your time to view my topic, I would greatly appreciate any feedback about these boot animations as I would like to start making better ones in the future...

Thanks to XDA Recognized Contributor @enricocid for introducing me to the flashable .ZIP template.
    GoogleSimplicityWhite is being used in the following ROMs: PURE WHITE by @miseusegau
    would like to see you expound on the revolt one... that's exactly what I've been looking for... a true STATEMENT

perhaps one with the "Don't Tread On Me" flag?
    I will most certainly look into the Don't Tread on Me flag, it looks like a pretty nice idea/design... I'm also very happy to see someone posting a good comment about my only 'controversial' boot animation.

Thanks dude! :good:

The revolt one is awesome.. I flash it back every time I flash a new ROM ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wow, that's some dedication dude! I'm really glad you like it. Let me know if I can do anything to make it better... :good: :D

I'm really glad that you both like the "REVOLT!" boot animation, I will be making a better one in the future but the issue is that I need ideas for it... I don't get much time for development so if you guys could PM some quotes or 'make you think/eye opening' sentences with some image ideas then I will make it my priority to look into it... Seeing as the Anonymous/"REVOLT!" boot animation is something that I am very passionate about I will make as much effort as possible to make it as good as I can (this could take some time)...

I was thinking about the very famous JFK quote: "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable"?
    How about black version?

Yeah, I could give it a go... I will change a few colours around later and come back with it for you! :)
    @LewisD94

View attachment 2594442

Code:

;)

Glad you like it man!

I really appreciate your support! I'm going to release a few more tonight and this will come in handy, thanks!
    :cool:
    How about black version?

Just updated the OP with the black version that you requested. :)