[ROM][4.4.4] OmniROM for the Galaxy Exhibits/Ace 2 E [T599 | T599N | T599V | T599x]

Search This thread
E

Exothermic

Om.jpg

OmniROM for the T599X Variants (T599, T599N, T599V)

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Downloads

TWRP 2.7 Recovery
OmniROM 4.4.4
GAPPS (feel free to use any GAPPS, as long as it's meant for 4.4.4)
Odin 3.07
SuperSU

Instructions
  1. Download OmniROM 4.4.2, TWRP Recovery, GAPPS, and SuperSU. Place OmniROM 4.4.2, GAPPS, and SuperSU on your external sd card.
  2. Flash TWRP Recovery via ODIN. Turn off your phone, and put your phone in download mode by pressing volume down button, home button and the power button simultaneously and letting go. Press volume up when prompted.
  3. Plug in your phone via usb, and open up ODIN and load the recovery in PDA and flash away. Do not tick or untick anything.
  4. After it flashed, reboot to recovery (by pressing volume up, home, and power simultaneously).
  5. Make a full backup in case things go awry.
  6. Press wipe and slide to do a factory reset.
  7. Install OmniROM 4.4.2, GAPPS, SuperSU via recovery (you can choose multiple zips and then swipe to flash them all at the same time).
  8. After flashing is complete, wipe cache/dalvik.
  9. Reboot to system, and enjoy OmniROM 4.4.2!

Screenshot
eKaph6d.png

Note
- I'll update this post with the latest build; you can flash over the previous build without a factory reset and wipe dalvik/cache unless specified otherwise, or you seem to continue to still experience the bugs that should have fixed.

Credits
- @Meticulus and his respective sources!
- @Unjustified Dev and his respective sources!
- @golden-guyand his respective sources!
- TeamCanjica and their respective sources!

Last edited:
E

Exothermic

WORKING
  1. WiFi
  2. Bluetooth
  3. ADB/MTP
  4. RIL
  5. MMS
  6. GPS
  7. Audio
  8. Camera/Camcorder
  9. Reboot
  10. Torch
  11. Button backlight
  12. Fixed low in call volume
  13. Carrier Names
  14. Correct battery-temp
  15. Bluetooth calls

NOT WORKING
  1. RIL Bugs
  2. Random Reboots (?) [UNCONFIRMED]
  3. Button backlight won't turn off
  4. Screen Recorder [Won't work for our devices, due to it having less than 1GB of RAM]
  5. WiFi Tethering
  6. Yet to be determined

Last edited:
E

Exothermic

Changelog:

04/30/14
  1. OmniROM Source Update
  2. OC up to 1.1 Ghz (Thanks to Meticulus for porting it over)
  3. Theme Chooser
  4. App-circle side bar
  5. Floating multi-windows
  6. Smart phone call
  7. Simple Explorer (Open Source File explorer)

04/16/14
  1. OmniROM Source Update (OmniSwitch improvements, and various bugfixes & improvements)
  2. Codinalte parts app (Thanks to Meticulus!)

04/07/14
  1. OmniROM Source Update (Includes battery percentage, OmniSwitch improvements, and various bugfixes & improvements)
  2. Fixed bluetooth in-call (Thanks to Meticulus & dadacup!)
  3. Fixed battery-temp issue (Thanks to Meticulus)

03/26/14
  1. OmniROM Source Update (Includes battery percentage, OmniSwitch improvements, and various bugfixes & improvements)
  2. Fixed Torch!
  3. Added support for Carrier Names (No more carrier numbers!)
  4. Device-specific vendor files (Thanks to Meticulus)

03/07/14
  1. Added key backlight support
  2. Added MetroPCS LTE apn
  3. Ported low in-call volume fix from TeamCanjica

03/05/14
  1. Initial Release

03/05/14
  1. Device Tree: https://github.com/Exothermic/android_device_samsung_codinatmo
  2. Kernel: https://github.com/Exothermic/android_kernel_samsung_codinatmo
  3. Vendor: https://github.com/Team-Exhibit/android_vendor_samsung_codinaxxx

Last edited:

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
Thanks for this awesome ROM. Will be testing soon. Hopefully you can either fix your phone or get a cheap replacement soon.

EDIT: Does this ROM works well with Meticulus' latest CWM Recovery version 6.0.4.7 or we have to use your TWRP? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
E

Exothermic

Thanks for this awesome ROM. Will be testing soon. Hopefully you can either fix your phone or get a cheap replacement soon.

EDIT: Does this ROM works well with Meticulus' latest CWM Recovery version 6.0.4.7 or we have to use your TWRP? Thanks.

TWRP.

wilbigdaddy2000

Dec 13, 2013
Want to try out omni. Coming from beanstalk. Do I need to download and flash ROM and md5? Also do I need the gapps you have for omni or can I just keep the beanstalk gapps I have already.

Sent from DWil's Magic Carpet t599n

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Want to try out omni. Coming from beanstalk. Do I need to download and flash ROM and md5? Also do I need the gapps you have for omni or can I just keep the beanstalk gapps I have already.

Edit: OK, I get the ROM situation. The md5 is for Odin if I'm correct. Still wanna know bout the gapps tho.

E

Exothermic

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Edit: OK, I get the ROM situation. The md5 is for Odin if I'm correct. Still wanna know bout the gapps tho.

The MD5sum is optional, it basically allows anyone to check if the version they download is correct and complete. Beanstalk gapps will work just fine!

Last edited:

dadcup18

Aug 11, 2012
hi i test the rom thanks for this great rom but the bluetooth work but make sound that the only thing or bug the i find and thanks again:laugh::good:

exgenmeikoj

May 19, 2013
bakershell
androidforums.com
hi i test the rom thanks for this great rom but the bluetooth work but make sound that the only thing or bug the i find and thanks again:laugh::good:

Hi to assure you great exp wit your phone please make sure you have fully wiped your phone clean and cleared davlik cache make sure you are using his twrp and his latest build. I am using it and have Bluetooth working and sound. 99% of the people failed to fully wipe there phone in cwm cleared all and any caches before flashing this rom and any other. Most clamed they were getting random reboots on beanstalk I've been using this for a few days now and haven't gotten one single reboot moral of this is make sure you are properly flashing or you will end up.with bugs

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

E

Exothermic

When you were referring to the bluetooth, do you mean it doesn't transfer over audio or? It makes a weird noise, because that bug is also present on beanstalk, and cm and I'm not sure what that is yet. I haven't fully tested out bluetooth but I'll do so, and see what you mean.

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
Exothermic, great ROM! I love the Active Display and OmniSwitch features. I found two things that look like bugs.

1. I noticed that when I received a call and I'm listening I can hear the caller but is not as load as it should be even though the volume is set to all the way up. I noticed that if I hit the volume down a few times and then up all the way the volume sounds much loader that what it was or what it should sound like when is all the way up. Not just on calls but when listen through speaker. Any thoughts.

2. I noticed that my Network signal never changes to 4G or H. It stays at 3G or 3G with all bars and not any higher like I get on Stock or any other ROM. As if I can't get 4G or is capped. Look at my screenshot.

3. Per the screenshot too, why is MetroPCS LTE not listed on the APNs? I know I can pick T-Mobile LTE since is the same company but MetroPCS was listed as a APN on other ROMs. Is something not right with the Baseband or Modem of this ROM? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T599N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1394161616811.jpg
    1394161616811.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 779
Last edited:

dadcup18

Aug 11, 2012
Hi to assure you great exp wit your phone please make sure you have fully wiped your phone clean and cleared davlik cache make sure you are using his twrp and his latest build. I am using it and have Bluetooth working and sound. 99% of the people failed to fully wipe there phone in cwm cleared all and any caches before flashing this rom and any other. Most clamed they were getting random reboots on beanstalk I've been using this for a few days now and haven't gotten one single reboot moral of this is make sure you are properly flashing or you will end up.with bugs

Ok and yes that was the problem I wipe cache and data and davlik cache and I install the twrp and the bug is a weir noise hope it get fix if is any to fix that let know guy I like this rom I have ubuntu install in 6 core pc with 8g ram the you update the device tree let know

Sent from my SGH-T599N using xda app-developers app

exgenmeikoj

May 19, 2013
bakershell
androidforums.com
When you were referring to the bluetooth, do you mean it doesn't transfer over audio or? It makes a weird noise, because that bug is also present on beanstalk, and cm and I'm not sure what that is yet. I haven't fully tested out bluetooth but I'll do so, and see what you mean.

Ummm I'm confused by what you said I have used Bluetooth with Pandora "cracked" to transfers to a Bluetooth enabled speaker and it worked fine even with DSP manager

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Exothermic, great ROM! I love the Active Display and OmniSwitch features. I found two things that look like bugs.

1. I noticed that when I received a call and I'm listening I can hear the caller but is not as load as it should be even though the volume is set to all the way up. I noticed that if I hit the volume down a few times and then up all the way the volume sounds much loader that what it was or what it should sound like when is all the way up. Not just on calls but when listen through speaker. Any thoughts.

2. I noticed that my Network signal never changes to 4G or H. It stays at 3G or 3G with all bars and not any higher like I get on Stock or any other ROM. As if I can't get 4G or is capped. Look at my screenshot.

3. Per the screenshot too, why is MetroPCS LTE not listed on the APNs? I know I can pick T-Mobile LTE since is the same company but MetroPCS was listed as a APN on other ROMs. Is something not right with the Baseband or Modem of this ROM? Thanks.

I have found a neat trick for apns now this was on a HTC amaze T-Mobile with a 4.0,4 CyanogenMod ROM go into APN settings clear any and all and then hit reset factory apns and it will.load the original I lmow it works I have done it my self even with this ROM 4.4.x beanstalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 16BitRun

dadcup18

Aug 11, 2012
Ok and yes that was the problem I wipe cache and data and davlik cache and I install the twrp and the bug is a weir noise hope it get fix if is any to fix that let know guy I like this rom I have ubuntu install in 6 core pc with 8g ram the you update the device tree let know

ooh but the problem was in call

E

Exothermic

1. I think I forgot to cherry-pick a commit which should fix that.
2. I'll look into it, but check the network speed via any speedtest apps, it might be that there's no indicators for LTE. Omni also has "flip tiles", pull down the notifications drawer, swipe left or right, and then swipe left or right on the network tile and you should see that it says LTE.
3. Could you post the APN settings for MetroPCS LTE?, there's only one APN for metropcs and it seems to be the one for 2g/3g. I'll submit that to gerrit, and it should be fixed!

exgenmeikoj

May 19, 2013
bakershell
androidforums.com
ooh but the problem was in call

What werid nosey problem ? As in making a voice call see I am using VoIP and sip apps to make calls cause I can't make calls internationally and most the time mY co workers use apps such as viber hangouts and such so I am not experiencing this issue

dadcup18

Aug 11, 2012

Thanks hope you find a fix

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T599N using xda app-developers app

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
View attachment 2617692View attachment 2617693View attachment 2617694View attachment 2617695

Here are the apns in image format for any and all ROMs running t599n "metropcs or tmobile "

I appreciate the images and apns but for some some reason the images appear very blurry and small. Is it just me or can you confirm Exothermic please. Can't make out anything. Can you see if you can reupload then in better quality or bigger resolution? Thanks.

Reactions: dadcup18

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I see you posting this numerous times in every thread related to this phone even though no one asks specifically for this method. Your self promotion seems desperate.

This is the best way to get space I been using this long time I love it :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T599N using XDA Free mobile app

Link2SD

Follow my thread and you will see the difference pm me if you need assistant of any issues hope this help most of you guys

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2596290

How about a theme chooser like cm? Is this something that can be added?

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to say this is an excellent streamlined ROM. Here's my experience thus with OMNIROM. Also, a BIG OL Thanks to Exothermic and all involved for the work put into this.

1. Torch ...wait, it's the flash.
    2. WiFi Direct not working...but was trying to connect with iPhone - so who knows.
    3. Random UI reboot was experienced twice (i do not recall what i was doing/setting when it occurred; but was using root permissions). Will update if able to recreate.
    4. Triangle Away gives SysScope error when attempting to set Allow tracker to run. Although; now i prolly don't need this anymore :thumbsup:

Possible options for future builds...
    1. In Gallery / Video player / GIF viewer: *.flv *.wmv *.mpeg files no longer work when they did previously. GIFS were also animated in the gallery (though now i see there is a viewer when using file explorer.
    2. A smooth stable themer, either integrated or recommended for download by OMNI ROM users. Would Bazooka work or Trebuchet?
    3. A widget for Video player and Torch.
    4. I also got really used to that Active Apps manager widget for clearing RAM and Processes.

That's all i got. Will keep exploring. keep up the excellent work!