[Q] Nexus 7(2012) can't boot to Recovery. HELP

Search This thread

farid775

Feb 28, 2014
Hi everybody, I have installed Ubuntu 13.04 (Desktop version) to Nexus 7(2012). It works but, now I want to reinstall Android, problem is that: I can't boot to recovery. If I push Power on, vol+ & vol- it isn't turning on. When I press only Power on it turns and boots to Ubuntu, how can I flash Android? It was rooted and cwm installed before Ubuntu. Ubuntu isn't installed in dual boot. Thanks for answers.

PrizmaticSmoke

Jan 29, 2014
Hi everybody, I have installed Ubuntu 13.04 (Desktop version) to Nexus 7(2012). It works but, now I want to reinstall Android, problem is that: I can't boot to recovery. If I push Power on, vol+ & vol- it isn't turning on. When I press only Power on it turns and boots to Ubuntu, how can I flash Android? It was rooted and cwm installed before Ubuntu. Ubuntu isn't installed in dual boot. Thanks for answers.

Hold Power and vol- (don't need to hold vol+) should power on and boot to bootloader screen. You should then be able to boot to recovery. If recovery was somehow wiped when ubuntu was installed, you should be able to flash a new recovery via fastboot.

farid775

Feb 28, 2014
Can't enter fastboot

Hold Power and vol- (don't need to hold vol+) should power on and boot to bootloader screen. You should then be able to boot to recovery. If recovery was somehow wiped when ubuntu was installed, you should be able to flash a new recovery via fastboot.

Thanks for your reply, It can't boot to recovery and I can't enter fastboot mode. When it is turning, little text in screen, saying "boot img Ubuntu".
Any ideas?

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
Maybe someone on the #ubuntu-arm channel on freenode can help you out.