[HELP]Stock Settings apk Not Installing

Search This thread
G

GuestK00374

Hello all. I recently used the modded settings apk made by Balliboxer for our Grand Duos. Later, when I tried to replace it with a stock settings.apk, the settings app dissapeared from my phone and even when I click the settings icon in the notification bar it doesn't open.
Now, I used root explorer and moved to system/app and found SecSettings.apk there. But when I changed permissions to rw-r--r-- and clicked install after mounting R/W, it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Pls help.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Hello all. I recently used the modded settings apk made by Balliboxer for our Grand Duos. Later, when I tried to replace it with a stock settings.apk, the settings app dissapeared from my phone and even when I click the settings icon in the notification bar it doesn't open.
Now, I used root explorer and moved to system/app and found SecSettings.apk there. But when I changed permissions to rw-r--r-- and clicked install after mounting R/W, it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Pls help.

You don't install system apps. You move to system, change permissions and reboot.

G

GuestK00374

And can someone please give me the stock settings apk. The one I have got isn't the one which came with grand.

G

GuestK00374

The apk that i have send you was taken from my grand duos running 4.2.2
Firmware -------ubmj4

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks a lot all of you'll for your help! :D
My phone got bricked and now I have flashed a stock firmware and everything is fine. You'll can have this thread closed. Thanks again :)