[Q] Battery died installing ICS 4.0.3

Search This thread

drpvsa

Mar 6, 2012
Can't seem to find a similar situation. Was installing "ICS-4.0.3_r1-cm_spyder-2012-01-25-04_55" on Verizon Droid RAZR XT912. Battery died during install. Boots, tries to install rom upgrades, reboots over and over. Tried installing other roms and rsdlite via "apply update from sdcard." Nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks.

Things I've tried to install via "apply update from sdcard":

6.5.1-73_SLC-ME6.2_SIGNLATAM_USASPYDVIVBRB1B2B5B8B8LA022.0R_USASPYVIVBR0LA_P007_A009_HWp2b_CFC_fastboot.xml

18119d1240075850-rsdlite-download-here-rsdlite_4.5.3

VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml

Thanks again.

Reactions: halfcab123

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
Can't seem to find a similar situation. Was installing "ICS-4.0.3_r1-cm_spyder-2012-01-25-04_55" on Verizon Droid RAZR XT912. Battery died during install. Boots, tries to install rom upgrades, reboots over and over. Tried installing other roms and rsdlite via "apply update from sdcard." Nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks.

6.5.1-73_SLC-ME6.2_SIGNLATAM_USASPYDVIVBRB1B2B5B8B8LA022.0R_USASPYVIVBR0LA_P007_A009_HWp2b_CFC_fastboot.xml

Thanks again.

well i use GSM not an expert but if it fails with RSD Lite then possibly due to the fact that battery is not charged above a certain limit.. so u would need to charge battery. possibly may have to use fastboot mode to wipe everything clean and try from scratch.

erm if RSD Lite doesnt work even after a charge then im sure there is an alternative to RSD Lite for ICS users although thats just of the top of my head whenever i fast flick through XDA

hope thats of some helps!!

Reactions: drpvsa

drpvsa

Mar 6, 2012
Thanks for responding. Whenever I do the AP Fastboot this comes up:

"AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.6C
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down

Device is locked. Status Code: 0

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

Then what?

Mobzter

May 9, 2010

0A.6C

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

Then what?

well that means your good to go. although for the heads up, if you havent charged it for a while it will fail later on during installation. so make sure it is charged up quite a bit!

what i would suggest before this stage is to get to the stock recovery and do format data & format cache otherwise may still come up with errors later.

once you've cleaned wipe, you can go back to the fastboot section as u mentioned above, then open RSD Lite, find fastboot files for your CDMA version (unfortunately as im on GSM i have no idea but there is a section in Android Development where there would be a list and im sure you will be able to find out one for your phone).

once downloaded, extract it and through RSD Lite connect your phone, once your phone has been located, browse and locate the .xml file from the extracted file and then hit start and should hopefully work fine there on.

just incase, do get second opinion as i dont want to be responsible if anything happens to go wrong.

if RSD Lite doesnt work (considering battery is charged fine) then like i said you may have to look for alternative RSD Lite through Razr Forum and that should be able to help you along the way.

best of luck pal!!

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com

Thanks again.

Flash again with RSD Lite a working rom to your device. Be fast or battery may discharge and you'll not be able to fix it. Is Verizon your carrier?

Grabb files from here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1362956

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

drpvsa

Mar 6, 2012
Thank you sir. Formatting now. The ICS rom I tried originally still does it's splash screen if I let the phone try to boot. Hopefully this will work!

drpvsa

Mar 6, 2012
Haha so my battery died as I was following these instructions. Ended up dying within a few per cent of being done. Now I'm getting the default Motorola dual core startup screen then

"AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.66

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG Version (CG: system)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)"

Battery won't charge with cable hooked up to outlet or computer and I can't install anything via RSD unless the battery is full enough. When the phone is hooked up to a power source it always goes back to the message above unless I let it die, then the charge light comes on, then goes away after x amount of time (depending on power source).

I have no idea what to do with the phone now. If I can somehow get the charge up enough to run RSD then I'm good. Until then...?????

Thanks you guys for your help.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Haha so my battery died as I was following these instructions. Ended up dying within a few per cent of being done. Now I'm getting the default Motorola dual core startup screen then

"AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.66

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG Version (CG: system)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)"

Battery won't charge with cable hooked up to outlet or computer and I can't install anything via RSD unless the battery is full enough. When the phone is hooked up to a power source it always goes back to the message above unless I let it die, then the charge light comes on, then goes away after x amount of time (depending on power source).

I have no idea what to do with the phone now. If I can somehow get the charge up enough to run RSD then I'm good. Until then...?????

Thanks you guys for your help.

You razr are soft-bricked. This means you cannot program or charge the battery.

The solution is to use a 'factory cable' (will post a link here) to flash a new rom on it. After loading system files you'll be able to charge it again.

Here it's

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1403100

You may find more tutorials over the internet (google) how-to build a factory cable.

Thanks

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
u sure u can't just leave on charge from mains socket, ignoring the light whilst u see that message on fastboot mode..? I've done it in the past and eventually that message would change to battery ok, blah blah. i used to just play some games or watch TV to allow it to be more than enough charged before using rsd lite

Sent from my XT910 using XDA App

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
u sure u can't just leave on charge from mains socket, ignoring the light whilst u see that message on fastboot mode..? I've done it in the past and eventually that message would change to battery ok, blah blah. i used to just play some games or watch TV to allow it to be more than enough charged before using rsd lite

Sent from my XT910 using XDA App

You'll not be able to charge razr with battery low status with a danaged system phone.

drpvsa

Mar 6, 2012
I made a factory boot cable! It looked pretty ridiculous but it did the trick. Anyway, thank you guys so much for helping me! I had no idea what to do otherwise. Thanks again everybody!

Attachments

• 2012-03-07_20-27-54_559.jpg
    2012-03-07_20-27-54_559.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 57

afmracer6

Oct 13, 2010
RENO NEVADA
I ran into a similar problem the other day. Just because fastboot says "battery ok" doesnt mean you have enough charge to make the fix. I butchered one of my usb cords.put it together without solder. I was able to rsd my phone. Back in business! Ive used it twice now. Im going to have it soldered so i can keep it for emergencies

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks again.

Thanks again.

well i use GSM not an expert but if it fails with RSD Lite then possibly due to the fact that battery is not charged above a certain limit.. so u would need to charge battery. possibly may have to use fastboot mode to wipe everything clean and try from scratch.

erm if RSD Lite doesnt work even after a charge then im sure there is an alternative to RSD Lite for ICS users although thats just of the top of my head whenever i fast flick through XDA

hope thats of some helps!!

0A.6C

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable"

Then what?

well that means your good to go. although for the heads up, if you havent charged it for a while it will fail later on during installation. so make sure it is charged up quite a bit!

what i would suggest before this stage is to get to the stock recovery and do format data & format cache otherwise may still come up with errors later.

once you've cleaned wipe, you can go back to the fastboot section as u mentioned above, then open RSD Lite, find fastboot files for your CDMA version (unfortunately as im on GSM i have no idea but there is a section in Android Development where there would be a list and im sure you will be able to find out one for your phone).

once downloaded, extract it and through RSD Lite connect your phone, once your phone has been located, browse and locate the .xml file from the extracted file and then hit start and should hopefully work fine there on.

just incase, do get second opinion as i dont want to be responsible if anything happens to go wrong.

if RSD Lite doesnt work (considering battery is charged fine) then like i said you may have to look for alternative RSD Lite through Razr Forum and that should be able to help you along the way.

best of luck pal!!

Thanks again.

Flash again with RSD Lite a working rom to your device. Be fast or battery may discharge and you'll not be able to fix it. Is Verizon your carrier?

Grabb files from here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1362956

Thanks

Thank you sir. Formatting now. The ICS rom I tried originally still does it's splash screen if I let the phone try to boot. Hopefully this will work!

Yep, it should work. Wish u good luck!! Thanks