Otterbox

Search This thread

Merdoc81

Jun 30, 2011
Can't wait!

Saw one at Radio Shack 2 days ago and bought it. Waiting for the phone to go along with it. Me thinks it will be very soon, brand new Rezounds retail are down $100.00 on Ebay from just a couple of days ago.

Last edited:

Skidoo03

Apr 28, 2011
I picked up the Commuter with it today and its awesome! Fits perfect and doesn't add much bulk.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

blazingwolf

Nov 11, 2006
Do you guys find it to big? I've been looking at this or the Ballistic case but they both seem to make the phone in to a brick.

Skidoo03

Apr 28, 2011
The Commuter seems like the perfect size to me. I'll take some picture in a bit so you can see.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• 2012-07-07_16-45-39_747.jpg
    2012-07-07_16-45-39_747.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 2012-07-07_16-46-03_87.jpg
    2012-07-07_16-46-03_87.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

Skidoo03

Apr 28, 2011
Here are some pictures of it, and ones comparing it to my mom's Razr with a Case-mate case on it in my previous post.

Attachments

• 2012-07-07_16-44-24_410.jpg
    2012-07-07_16-44-24_410.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 2012-07-07_16-44-34_449.jpg
    2012-07-07_16-44-34_449.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 2012-07-07_16-44-51_767.jpg
    2012-07-07_16-44-51_767.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 313
  • 2012-07-07_16-45-06_691.jpg
    2012-07-07_16-45-06_691.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 306
Reactions: blazingwolf

ohredwood

Jan 2, 2011
Dallas
I've commented on the otterbox defender series case before. I've got one on my Dinc. Yes the defender series will bulk it up, with the outer hardshell and clip but guess it depends on your lifestyle. I'm a mechanic so I need something that can withstand getting dropped or inadvertantly laid on, etc.

The defender is like a brick **** house, it just doesn't get any better protection wise. The nice thing about it, is if I take the phone all the way out to just it's core size without all the protection, and wipe it down, you wouldn't know this phone was not brand new, it's mint condition, thanks to the otterbox, and it has been dropped on the otterbox at least 5 times.

The commuter series would be a lot smaller profile if that's what you are looking for....

I'm glad to see OB has their act together on this and released a case for it, it actually took them a while to release one for the og Dinc..

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I've commented on the otterbox defender series case before. I've got one on my Dinc. Yes the defender series will bulk it up, with the outer hardshell and clip but guess it depends on your lifestyle. I'm a mechanic so I need something that can withstand getting dropped or inadvertantly laid on, etc.

The defender is like a brick **** house, it just doesn't get any better protection wise. The nice thing about it, is if I take the phone all the way out to just it's core size without all the protection, and wipe it down, you wouldn't know this phone was not brand new, it's mint condition, thanks to the otterbox, and it has been dropped on the otterbox at least 5 times.

The commuter series would be a lot smaller profile if that's what you are looking for....

I'm glad to see OB has their act together on this and released a case for it, it actually took them a while to release one for the og Dinc..

I fele ya ottebox is the best.
.. u dropped ur inc4g 5 times already :eek:

A62335

Jun 14, 2011
Las Vegas
I bought the Commuter, and the fit was horrible. The hard plastic outer shell didn't securely clamp to the soft rubber inner cover, and that inner cover did not fit the phone securely. The port covers didn't lay flat either. I bought an incipio silicrylic case and it fits much better.

*Madmoose*

Aug 13, 2011
Wow, I really like that Incipio case, holy cow. You have anything that can take pictures of it on the phone? Would really like to see some real world pics. How soft is the inside layer? Would it be ok sliding in and out of a pocket or would it "grab" or rip over time?

A62335

Jun 14, 2011
Las Vegas
It doesn't look any different than from the website. Slides into and out of pockets just fine, and I don't think it will wear over time. The included screen protector is way better than the one OtterBox packages with their case, it covers the entire front glass panel.

hieu2ueih

Dec 3, 2008
DC
I bought the Commuter, and the fit was horrible. The hard plastic outer shell didn't securely clamp to the soft rubber inner cover, and that inner cover did not fit the phone securely. The port covers didn't lay flat either. I bought an incipio silicrylic case and it fits much better.

I agree! I just got my Otterbox case in on Saturday and the fit is really bad. I have a hard time pushing the power and volume button, the rubber over top of the front camera does not lay flat, the bottom end below the soft keys does not hug the phone(kind of protrudes out), the screen protector does not cover the whole screen, and the headphones port cover does fit very well into the hard shell.

I'm very disappointed in this case and will try and return it.

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
i just got me an otter box defender, and its awesome, fits perfect, it makes the phone.has it's own screen cover too.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

I agree! I just got my Otterbox case in on Saturday and the fit is really bad. I have a hard time pushing the power and volume button, the rubber over top of the front camera does not lay flat, the bottom end below the soft keys does not hug the phone(kind of protrudes out), the screen protector does not cover the whole screen, and the headphones port cover does fit very well into the hard shell.

I'm very disappointed in this case and will try and return it.

boy they must have given you the wrong one, mine is nothing like you discribe

void4ever

Jan 14, 2011
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I haven't used an otterbox on the Inc4, but we've got a fleet of iPhones for our salesmen at work. Every single one is in an otterbox Defender series, and trust me when i say our salesmen are extremely hard on phones. These cases have probably saved us hundreds of dollars no question.

The point of my post however is if you get one that doesn't fit quite right though i would ask for a replacement. When i was setting up all the phones and putting them into there cases i did run into a few that just didn't sit right. Looked like a manufacturing defect to me, but i was able to get replacements. That might be the issue your running into.

Void4ever

Edit: The Defender series WILL absolutely bulk up the phone though, but if you need the protection you'll find none better. I have no exp with the Commuters personally, but from the pics the size looks good.

Last edited:

ohredwood

Jan 2, 2011
Dallas
I fele ya ottebox is the best.
.. u dropped ur inc4g 5 times already :eek:

Naaa bud, I don't have the Inc4g yet, I've got my original Dinc sealed up in the defender series.

To the latest posters, as I mentioned in my post earlier as well, I have no experience with the commuter series OB but I did have two defender series OB's that cracked a small portion of the clip/case. I think it's a weak link in the design of the case and the snapping/unsnapping of the phone in/out of the case over time that caused this. But OB themselves, have been absolutely stellar to deal with, they looked up my purchase date, no questions, shipped out new cases to me each time.

I'd call em up tell em, and maybe they sent the wrong case, maybe you got a design flaw on yours, who knows but if some of the folks using the commuter case have posted awesome fit and look, that just don't jibe with what your reaction is to your case...

ryzilla23

Feb 23, 2010
I went to radio shack to try out the otterbox commuter and the defender.

The commuter was unimpressive. The fit was loose even after much working of the acrylic over the silicone to have it get into the right place. The top part that hangs over the front facing camera is kind of flappy and I can see a lot of dust getting in there. The screen protector doesn't cover up under the loose area either. The bottom part of the case barely hangs on to the bottom of the phone, not tight at all.

The defender was completely opposite, the defender was a great fit. It felt sturdy, durable and overall just comfortable (if you like the additional bulk added). The screen protector was flush with the screen and responsive. Not nearly as nice feeling as a skinomi, but still nice.

DavDoc

I know this is an older post but........ I just got the defender series and it really doesn't bulk up the phone that much - frankly it is pretty small in you hand without a case. Even with this case on it still fits into the side pocket of a pair of carhartts. It is worth the money.

Top Liked Posts