Why does Order and Chaos Online play smoother on my phone than on my Nexus 7?

Search This thread

danomat1073

Sep 6, 2010
I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone and Order and Chaos Online plays very well, but when I play it on my Nexus 7 Tablet it lags and the draw distance is horrible. Does anyone know why this is and is there a fix for the lag? Is there a rom and kernel combo that runs games better than rooted stock?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

fushla

Apr 29, 2012
AW: Why does Order and Chaos Online play smoother on my phone than on my Nexus 7?

I bet it has something to do with tegra (;
I was warned before my purchase that Gameloft games MAY not work good with this device.. Never touched a GL game though..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: danomat1073

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Its Gameloft.

Order and Chaos worked brilliantly on my Tegra 2 Transformer with a hacked apk from a Motorola Xoom. After every update they killed the patch work. Once it got official support, it sucks.

Same on N7. Pretty sad.

I know it can play much better and if you warez it, it plays great. I've purchased the game 3 times. At this point I think I'm entitled to make it play any way I can.

At the end of the day it is just a train wreck company that doesn't code well for Tegras. Whatever they do to Tegra games is bad.

The game is playable though so just enjoy it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

danomat1073

Sep 6, 2010
Thanks for the info I guess I will stick with my phone for this game.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

fushla

Apr 29, 2012
AW: Why does Order and Chaos Online play smoother on my phone than on my Nexus 7?

Maybe 4.2.2 will increase the performance, people claim that gaming is better in the new version :)

Metallice

Jun 24, 2010
The weak spot of the Tegra 3 is the fill rate due to slow RAM. This is also why GPU over clocking barely increases FPS.

The powervrs in iOS devices on the other hand excel here.

Gameloft designs games for iOS and the GS3 only.

Therefore, the powervr in your GNex runs Gameloft games better that the Tegra 3.

The T3 is a great GPU for being over a year old. The problem is you have to work around this slow RAM, something Gameloft isn't willing to do... Unlike mad finger for example.

In the T4 Nvidia has realized its mistake and added dual channel faster RAM which is partly why the GPU performance is much better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
:rolleyes:
I think it's a tegra thing. It's much better on my note 10.1 with android 4.1 then nexus. On nexus I get ghosting terrible worse then on note.
It's Kewl game would be in it more if not for lag. And it's a shame it's great game play. And I paid the yearly subscription.

Raymond199483

Dec 29, 2012
Gameloft games work fine on my Kindle fire hd and no I don't have a nexus 7

sent from my minecraft world

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The weak spot of the Tegra 3 is the fill rate due to slow RAM. This is also why GPU over clocking barely increases FPS.

The powervrs in iOS devices on the other hand excel here.

Gameloft designs games for iOS and the GS3 only.

Therefore, the powervr in your GNex runs Gameloft games better that the Tegra 3.

The T3 is a great GPU for being over a year old. The problem is you have to work around this slow RAM, something Gameloft isn't willing to do... Unlike mad finger for example.

In the T4 Nvidia has realized its mistake and added dual channel faster RAM which is partly why the GPU performance is much better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Its Gameloft.

Order and Chaos worked brilliantly on my Tegra 2 Transformer with a hacked apk from a Motorola Xoom. After every update they killed the patch work. Once it got official support, it sucks.

Same on N7. Pretty sad.

I know it can play much better and if you warez it, it plays great. I've purchased the game 3 times. At this point I think I'm entitled to make it play any way I can.

At the end of the day it is just a train wreck company that doesn't code well for Tegras. Whatever they do to Tegra games is bad.

The game is playable though so just enjoy it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

I bet it has something to do with tegra (;
    I was warned before my purchase that Gameloft games MAY not work good with this device.. Never touched a GL game though..