2 amp car charger?

Search This thread

dn3g3l

Apr 25, 2011
where are people buying the charge only cable? i can't seem to find it new on amazon or monoprice.

scote

Mar 30, 2007
I've just been out and checked my old charger that I've had for a couple of years and was using on my nexus one, and the gn2 is charging at 1.8a :eek: using perseus kernel with all the settings to the max and both options for disabling unstable voltage and 100ma reduction. I thought it was only a 1a charger, no need to replace it.

Coderedpl

https://www.tanga.com/deals/4e5ea61...ne-android-other-mobile-devices#close-facebox

Purchased that when they had a deal for free shipping two or so days ago. Maybe you can find this somewhere else? Am waiting to receive the item.

-SlyG07

@ SlyGo7
You'll LOVE IT !!! I really am pleased with mine the cables have nylon braided covers and the usb/micro usb is CHARGE ONLY so that's a definite plus. For the price they were selling them you would have a hard time trying to find just the cable, ya know, heck I even just bought 2 more sets for that reason alone. Hope you are happy with it when it comes in.
Cheers :D:beer:
Sent from my iPhone smokin' Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317

Found it and purchased it here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390531995613#ht_1043wt_1397

Going to wait for it to come and see if its better than my motorola charger

dn3g3l

Apr 25, 2011
You can't find monoprice usb cables on amazon.com? Call me crazy, but searching for "monoprice usb" on amazon nets you three things, two of which, are the cables you are searching for.

none of them specify "charge only". no point of buying a higher amp charger only to use it with a regular usb cable.

gmplr831@comcast.net

Jan 14, 2007
Greensburg

Coderedpl

Found it and purchased it here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390531995613#ht_1043wt_1397

Going to wait for it to come and see if its better than my motorola charger

Got it today. I had WiFi on, full brightness, and GPS with Waze navigation running on my trip to work. I started off with 76% battery and i wanted to see if i will drop or raise. Needless to say, it raised without issue and rather quick. This one is a keeper.
Wish they included 2 cables for usb though so I can use one dedicated for the home charger

Gahh Its Lee

Oct 2, 2010
Got it today. I had WiFi on, full brightness, and GPS with Waze navigation running on my trip to work. I started off with 76% battery and i wanted to see if i will drop or raise. Needless to say, it raised without issue and rather quick. This one is a keeper.
Wish they included 2 cables for usb though so I can use one dedicated for the home charger

Any info on how close the car part is to the stock charger?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Gahh Its Lee

Oct 2, 2010
You mean how fast it charges?
I'm not sure but it was rather quick, if i dont forget i'll try and do a quick measurement of how long it takes to get between two %'s

Yea pretty much what I meant thanks. I keep buying chargers and apparently I go ham on my phone because "fast charge" to some people means slowly dying to me.

loktite

May 10, 2008
You mean how fast it charges?
I'm not sure but it was rather quick, if i dont forget i'll try and do a quick measurement of how long it takes to get between two %'s

If you get time , please try out battery monitor widget and let us know the estimated positive value when its charging in car. On Sammy wall charger I get 1600-1800, but the 2a car chargers I've tried only register near 1000.

Thanks!

Coderedpl

Yea pretty much what I meant thanks. I keep buying chargers and apparently I go ham on my phone because "fast charge" to some people means slowly dying to me.

Been using this charger with navigation on, full brightness and bluetooth + wifi on. It charged without issue and held it there. Didn't show any signs of dying.
If you get time , please try out battery monitor widget and let us know the estimated positive value when its charging in car. On Sammy wall charger I get 1600-1800, but the 2a car chargers I've tried only register near 1000.

Thanks!
I'll try and remember to check.

Reactions: loktite

dms76

Sep 28, 2009
Akron, OH
Somewhere I read that the Galaxy Tab 2.0 uses the same charger specs as our GN2. I found a Samsung OEM car Charger Samsung Galaxy Tab Detachable Car Charger with USB to 30 Pin Data Cable . It say's Samsung on the side at 5v 2000ma and puts the phone into AC charge mode.

Here are the results:
2013-02-24-08-17-58.jpg
2013-02-24-08-18-12.jpg
As you can see I have the about 8% for 10 minutes which seems decent to me.
I also ordered on of these to try ReVIVE Series DualFLUX DC to USB Rapid Car Charger

Any thoughts on both choices?

Reactions: ac16313 and loktite

rolindadice64

Nov 13, 2009
Los Angeles
what kit are you getting?

After all these pages of reading i think i'm going to go this route, will probably be the most reliable.

i purchased this one.
LINK.

it's very small and compact. took me 10 minutes total to tap it into the cigarette lighter of my car and have everything back in and tucked away. works like a charm and charges the device even while listening to pandora and using navigation.

Reactions: Double0EK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow, sounds like this thread is heating up just like some of your 2A chargers :)

I'm just going to state the facts based on what I have tested and reviewed. First of all, download Galaxy Charging Current app. I found it to be relatively accurate with my wall/car charger calculations.

The reason why your charger is overheating is very simple. You are converting AC to DC (wall charger) or DC to DC (car charger). Cheap electronic components with thin wires/board traces will be loosing it's efficiency during conversion - lose of that energy is released through a heat. Too much of it and you will burn ICs and can melt housing of your converter.

Thin usb cables (those designed for PC with 500mA usb ports) will have too much resistance - results in loses so you can't charge at full speed. Get Monoprice 24awg/28awg usb cables with a ferrite filter/bead that have thick power wires which are able to handle up to 3A of current and will isolate power wires from data wires.

Some wall/car chargers will dual charging ports partition one for Apple and the other one for Android. I found some charger on amazon that will not charge Note 2 from apple port. The one I can recommend which I have reviewed in the forum is from Anker where you can charge your Note 2 at full 2A charging speed from Apple port. BUT, you need to have a thicker usb cable. If you use a thin cable - its a bottleneck that will prevent you from charging at full speed. Other Android devices can charge from Apple port but at slower speed. I tried it with my Nexus 7 tablets, had two charging up from both Anker charger ports (apple and android ports) and starting from the same battery level the one from android got charged up faster. I don't know what Samsung did with their charging port to piss off Apple, but they figured out a circuit to take full advantage of full charging speed from apple designated chargers. Again, I'm speaking from my own experience of testing/reviewing Anker and iSmooth wall and car chargers with dual output, one designated for android and the other one for apple. Those two had no issues charing Note 2 at full speed from Apple port.
    If you have a 5 Below near you, they have a 2.1 amp dual for 5 bucks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
    Can you just paste a link on here so we can order?

That would be awesome. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

This is the charger I currently have

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Vehicle-Adapter-micro-USB-Charger/dp/B000S5Q9CA/ref=pd_cp_cps_0
    Somewhere I read that the Galaxy Tab 2.0 uses the same charger specs as our GN2. I found a Samsung OEM car Charger Samsung Galaxy Tab Detachable Car Charger with USB to 30 Pin Data Cable . It say's Samsung on the side at 5v 2000ma and puts the phone into AC charge mode.

Here are the results:
    2013-02-24-08-17-58.jpg
    2013-02-24-08-18-12.jpg
    As you can see I have the about 8% for 10 minutes which seems decent to me.
    I also ordered on of these to try ReVIVE Series DualFLUX DC to USB Rapid Car Charger

Any thoughts on both choices?
    Ok here is the shot from when I got to work and was going to unplug

uploadfromtaptalk1353425358259.jpg
    84% and note the time. My commute was about 20 minutes. I had gps running during my commute.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app