[Q] Just Some quick help

Search This thread

scoeas1982

Apr 28, 2014
Hello,

I have been experiencing problems with the z3x box on s3 models. Basically it gets no service after unlock. I have fixed that problem by downloading the nv items. WHile reading a firum i came across the qpst nv back up. I started doing that and it works wonderful. Seems all my problems are fixed. I am confused about one thing

iMy Question is

Is backing up the nv items through qpst and also doind a efs back up the samething? Or should i be backing up both? I hope that this is an easy question thanks a million for whoever answers.

Scott

Viper67857

Dec 14, 2013
I'd go with both as all the nv stuff isn't on the efs partition on the i747. I think that's what doc said anyway... Either way you can never have too many backups :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-2.0

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Doesn't hurt to backup anything. But neither are the best way anymore.

Open terminal emulator and enter this:

su
reboot nvbackup

Thats it! Creates an on-device permanent backup of your NV Data. If corruption is ever detected, it will auto restore during boot. So it prevents IMEI loss and other potential problems.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
didnt know that one. thank you huckleberry.:thumbup:

err on the side of kindness

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

doing this and i get message: "nv backup not found".(?)
did i goof it up?
(double double checked typing cause terminal emulator is scary for me!!)

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
Quantum ROM based off Carbon which is based off CM.
guess that's why. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Doesn't hurt to backup anything. But neither are the best way anymore.

Open terminal emulator and enter this:

su
    reboot nvbackup

Thats it! Creates an on-device permanent backup of your NV Data. If corruption is ever detected, it will auto restore during boot. So it prevents IMEI loss and other potential problems.
    Are you running a stock build? I doubt this would work on cm/aosp and some custom roms.