FInd 7a - battery drain and solution thread

Search This thread
I have no problem with battery

ymy8u9e2.jpg

ypy2y3u3.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Or
4abyhy2y.jpg

su7epyhe.jpg

bu9a2eje.jpg

Reactions: silasje1

sebZ128

Jun 6, 2014
Woah that impressive, how did you manage to get 4 days with 3 SoT? Is this the Find 7a or 7 and how about the brightness level of the screen?

Hrc4u

Jul 13, 2010
Post screenshot on the battery screen where one can see signal.. Charging etc also.. Thanks!

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
Guys I feel really weird.... I have exactly the opposite problem...

When phone is in standby I berely have any battery drain. All is good. But when my screen is on my battery gets empty really quick. For example I have 49% left now with only 1 hour and 4 minutes of SOT... Now in battery consumption it doesn't seem like any app is draining the battery.... Just screen is like 80%
I'm running color is version 1.2.6i

Last edited:

Uh60m Pilot

May 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21
Guys I feel really weird.... I have exactly the opposite problem...

When phone is in standby I berely have any battery drain. All is good. But when my screen is on my battery gets empty really quick. For example I have 49% left now with only 1 hour and 4 minutes of SOT... Now in battery consumption it doesn't seem like any app is draining the battery.... Just screen is like 80%
I'm running color is version 1.2.6i
49% battery with only a little over one hour on screen time does no sound right. How much standby time do you have?

Many people are saying in the OPPO forums for 1.2.6i update that they are experiencing horrible battery drain after that update. How was your battery on your last stable rom?

-sent from my Find 7a using tapatalk

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
I didn't have any other ROM I just got the device and this is how it came.

I did some more digging. It is indeed battery drain when the screen is off.

If I fully charge the phone and just use it until battery goes off I get like 3 hours of 3d gamin or more if only web browsing...

I changed lock screen and switched to nova launcher I'll see if anything changes...

I ran antutu battery benchmark which gave me a score of 5801 which is one of the higher scores.... saying my battery life is better than xiaomi mi3 galaxy s4 etc.

So maybe is it background drain. But the weird thing is that when I look at battery usage it mostly shows my screen taking power.

I also downloaded battery monitor widget which is an interesting program. It claims my battery has 2500 mah from its recording.

I can't root or change recovery on my phone now as I am traveling abroad... Hopefully official coloros 2 will be realesed soon and I can get an ota with better battery life.

projectvirtue

Jan 22, 2011
49% battery with only a little over one hour on screen time does no sound right. How much standby time do you have?

Many people are saying in the OPPO forums for 1.2.6i update that they are experiencing horrible battery drain after that update. How was your battery on your last stable rom?

-sent from my Find 7a using tapatalk

I can testify to this. After the 1.2.6i update I'm getting an average of 90-120 minutes of SOT over the course of 24 hours before needing to charge it. Prior to it, I easily managed 3.5-4.5 hours over 48 hours regularly.

abdulazizmisdan

Jan 16, 2018
Anyone experienced an issue like this: when using the phone if the battery drop to 10~12% and it will shut down automatically without a sign. It's quite frustrating, although I normally start charging it when it has 20% left.

Me also have a problem like this even in charging battery still drop. Sometime charging in flight mode also not increasing. Someone told me that maybe usb port for phone especially find 7 x9076 was not in good condition. Any other solution please advise.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a known issue, I'm actually in a pilot group with a product manager and developer using a new firmware based on 1.2 that seems to help.
    In the meantime, change the lockscreen from Colorlock as that has been known to hold a wakelock and disable Google's location services.

After I did that on 1.2 or 2.0 beta my drain shot down to .5%/hr.
    I too am part of said pilot group that Sean mentioned and can confirm that a more battery saving firmware is in the works.

Give oppo some time to work the issue out, it's starting to look better.
    how would one get in on this testing ?

Head over to oppoforums.com and message Addel or Zeus and they will add you to the conversation.
    ColorLock? There is no such entry in the screenlock settings... :confused:

Theme->Personalize->Screen Lock->Local screenlock

I'm on 2.0 beta, changing that to Revolving lock and disabling Google's location services (gimps the phone a bit sure but easy to enable and gps is still fine) and my drain is down to .6%/hr. Not too shabby, and will be testing tonight with location back on.
    Did you froze those apps using Titanium Backup? Or how did you do it?

Thanks!
    Freezing applications/disabling them is basically the same as removing them, except that they still take up space on the system. You can freeze applications using Titanium Backup as you said and if you have root of course. If you want to completely remove the applications you should get a file explorer that can request root permissions, then look for the applications you want to remove, these can usually be found in "/system/app/" or "/system/priv-app/". You can also remove them using adb, this is a little more complicated though, if you want to do it this way I'd recommend you to Google it. Be careful when removing files from the system though, as you may run into some weird situations, you can always make a backup of course. (when restoring back-upped files, remember to set the correct permissions)