Case with built-in light

Search This thread

apeine

Mar 9, 2011
Sao Paulo
I asked at BN and they had no idea when a lighted cover would show up. They asked me, though, to send a request at BN site, so they could talk to their suppliers.
If you ever find one for STR, please tell us!!!

apeine

Mar 9, 2011
Sao Paulo
And here is the same being sold at Amazon.com:

Lighted cover for Nook Touch

It does not show in here that the lamp is hidden on the back (which makes the cover fatter and dumb looking), and I'm not sure that the light holds in place when in use. Did anyone buy this one and have better info?

Jul 12, 2011
Bellevue, WA
I've been using a case/light from a Sony Reader Pocket Edition. It's exactly the right height for the nook, although the right-buttons do stick out a little.

The case is sturdy, the lighting is excellent. I find it funny that the three-position switch suggests dimmer, but it actually seems to switch from off to on to - well - on!

Two strips of Velcro (or double-sided mounting tape) will hold the nook snugly in place, and afford protection against bumps and short drops.

apeine

Mar 9, 2011
Sao Paulo
Well, M-edge has a combo that I think is very neat, even though the whole set gets larger than Kindle's cover:

Cover (showing light in place)

and

Light (reviews are not overall good).

The price for the set is close to Kindle's lighted cover.

N2EFreak

Aug 23, 2011
I just use a clip on book light and clip it on the leather case i have for my N2E.

For the lighted nook touch cover to work, it should draw power from the N2E device just like what the lighted cover does with Kindle.

atisha

Aug 15, 2008
I've been using a case/light from a Sony Reader Pocket Edition. It's exactly the right height for the nook, although the right-buttons do stick out a little.

The case is sturdy, the lighting is excellent. I find it funny that the three-position switch suggests dimmer, but it actually seems to switch from off to on to - well - on!

Two strips of Velcro (or double-sided mounting tape) will hold the nook snugly in place, and afford protection against bumps and short drops.

I just ordered a Nook Touch and would be interested to get this if it's a good fit. May I know which model case you meant? Also can I have a picture of your ereader with case on?