[Q] Better Reception?

Search This thread

JimReid

Jun 9, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I have I think a kind of strange problem. I've had my V or a few months now and all of a sudden it doesn't get move than 2 bars on the reception scale where as before it used to get 3-5 sitting in my rec room. Don't know what changed other than adding and removing some apps that I wanted to try out. Don't know which are still there that weren't before but wouldn't think that apps would cause the reception to be poorer.

Thought about an antenna booster/adapter/extension but thought I'd ask others first.

Also, anyone added any antennas to theirs? I noticed there isn't an external connection for one and everything I've read so far talks about add one with the external connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

;)

JimReid

Jun 9, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Don't know what PRL is

In reading all the responses I was afraid since I don't know what the PRL is. Several places warned against changing things in the PRL if you don't know what the PRL is.

I have rooted my phone and have changed the rom a couple times including bricking it a couple times but had a backup so I recovered but don't know what the PRL is so didn't try that avenue.

Jim:(

monkeysez

Jan 24, 2012
I flashed my PRL today and could only get data to work. SMS and Phone stopped working so I flashed back to my original PRL. I think it was trying to connect to the tower closests to where I was, but told me to call customer service If I wanted to use it.

rameshkvp

Nov 20, 2012
Pune
ROM issue on signal reception

I have I think a kind of strange problem. I've had my V or a few months now and all of a sudden it doesn't get move than 2 bars on the reception scale where as before it used to get 3-5 sitting in my rec room. Don't know what changed other than adding and removing some apps that I wanted to try out. Don't know which are still there that weren't before but wouldn't think that apps would cause the reception to be poorer.

Thought about an antenna booster/adapter/extension but thought I'd ask others first.

Also, anyone added any antennas to theirs? I noticed there isn't an external connection for one and everything I've read so far talks about add one with the external connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

;)

Recently I upgrade my ROM to cyagenmod 10.1. It shows the signal is very poor, but I did not face the issues on call receiving/making. This is the known issue ( fail to refresh the signal strength in status).

Also faced some other issues ( phone hang while call is coming in 'phone locked' condition'.

Finally changed the OS to Android 4.2.1 & PAC-MAN 19.9.0. Except the battery drain issue, no more issues now. :rolleyes: