Galaxy S III has quad core.....what does that mean for 7.7?

Search This thread

pinsb

Sep 9, 2011
London, UK
In a couple of weeks the Galaxy S III (i9300) is going to be launched with a quad core 1.5Ghz processor.

Given how slow Samsung have been to actively market the 7.7 does this mean the tablet is going to become redundant even before it's gained any sales traction?

While I love my 7.7 I'm realistic in that it's not been a sales success (mostly due to Sammies "too many products...no focus" current marketing strategy).

Discuss

eletro

Apr 5, 2010
I think samsung is trying to find a niche in the mobile market. Almost anything that is 'successful' to them, they will make revisions of them.

like samsung galaxy tab p1000 -> becomes 7.0 plus
or samsung s -> s2

and the 7.7, and 5.3 note was like test for them .. but it seems note was more successful.. and that 7.7 seems to release late, maybe due to the law suite with apple?

Personally i do like to see note 2 :D

As for the sgs3, i will only consider it if it have sdcard slot + removable battery.

quad core means little for me.

thommygay24

Nov 18, 2009
Galaxy Tab 7.7

I changed from Galaxy S2 to Galaxy Tab 7.7.
I dont know why the Galaxy Tab 7.7 should become no sale success. if you compare it to other tabs you can see that the Hardware (beside the camera module) is very good.
I am satisfied with this tablet. If there will be the ICS update i think the android sofware will work much better than Honeycomb.
If you compare it to the Galaxy Note and the upcoming Galaxy S3 you will notice that the tab ist still another formfactor with its 7.7.
After using my tab for 2 weeks i dont want to miss ist, especially for media and internet. Besides this i am using it as cellphone too to telephone.
If i think of the 4,x inch Display of my S2 or the Note display i think the tab is still the better choice.
And due to its size it is still mobile enough to take it for everyday use.

Hope the 7.7 will get the ics update soon and find some more devs here in forum...

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
Id also like to see a Galaxy Note 2 and a Tab 2 7.7 but the new SuperAMOLED manufacturing and a bigger battery life. Probably the next Tab 7.7 will come with a quadcore A15.

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
In a couple of weeks the Galaxy S III (i9300) is going to be launched with a quad core 1.5Ghz processor.

Given how slow Samsung have been to actively market the 7.7 does this mean the tablet is going to become redundant even before it's gained any sales traction?

While I love my 7.7 I'm realistic in that it's not been a sales success (mostly due to Sammies "too many products...no focus" current marketing strategy).

Discuss

How do you know that the GSIII is going to have a quad core chip in it? Until it is officially announced, any specs we may think we know or expect the GSIII to have are nothing more than rumors, speculations, and theories.

Don't get ahead of yourself here.

Until then, this conversation is pointless.

pinsb

Sep 9, 2011
London, UK
How do you know that the GSIII is going to have a quad core chip in it? Until it is officially announced, any specs we may think we know or expect the GSIII to have are nothing more than rumors, speculations, and theories.

Errr....

Already confirmed by a Samsung exec last month.

http://www.gsmarena.com/quadcore_cp...d_for_the_samsung_galaxy_s_iii_-news-3990.php

patronising much?

Google_Nexus

Apr 12, 2012

So get that tin foil hat off?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
I still don't have any idea what this thread is about. Are you worried that the 7.7 won't be top dog or something? It's yesterday's news. Get the shiniest thing you can.

maysider

Sep 10, 2008
??

that I should sell my tablet 7.7 and sgs2 and buy a phone sgs3? doesnt so logic to me :)

pinsb

Sep 9, 2011
London, UK
Cripes chaps it's not that difficult to follow.......

The 7.7 was announced almost 8 months ago and in many markets the 3G version is still not even available.

As Sammie themselves (and other manufacturers) are now starting to announce quad core products it'll set expectation in the marketplace that quad core is now the base level.

This discourages buyers from buying dual core products.

Fewer sales means developers less inclined to work on a product that's perceived as out of date.

We, as owners of 7.7 devices get fewer ROM options.

buzzmcfly

Apr 20, 2012
Nottin' really... galaxy tab 2 is coming here at Singapore last time I heard they're also putting quad core in there...

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

daigled

Feb 14, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong ... would a quad core chip even present much of an upgrade over a dual core, considering the application? Seems like overkill to me.

buzzmcfly

Apr 20, 2012
Maybe you have a point there... but its a matter of adopting to the newest tech, soon most apps would be so heavy that you'd req a quadcore processor...

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
Maybe you have a point there... but its a matter of adopting to the newest tech, soon most apps would be so heavy that you'd req a quadcore processor...

Except for new games and other niche programs, I suspect that won't be the case for several more years to come.

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
Cripes chaps it's not that difficult to follow.......

The 7.7 was announced almost 8 months ago and in many markets the 3G version is still not even available.

As Sammie themselves (and other manufacturers) are now starting to announce quad core products it'll set expectation in the marketplace that quad core is now the base level.

This discourages buyers from buying dual core products.

Fewer sales means developers less inclined to work on a product that's perceived as out of date.

We, as owners of 7.7 devices get fewer ROM options.

That's why I still haven't purchased it and sticking with my Overclocked original Tab. Hopefully Samsung will come with a 7.7 (2) that will be popular enough
But definitely at this point with little custom ROM available, no CM, and ICS not yet there it makes little sense to upgrade (I might for the battery life since my Tab after 18months starts to show signs of tiredness)
On top of it there is not even a GSM LTE version available (Actually there s in Korea but with different bands form the "usual" ones used in Europe and US)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts