[Q] Can Anroid be installed on Nokia Lumia 800?????

Search This thread

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
Maybe next time you should inform yourself before buying a smartphone.
And no there is no Android for the Lumia 800, and even if there were it would
be slow as hell Android is to power hungry for the Lumia 800.

If you really want a Android phone sell your Lumia 800 and buy an Android phone
there are enough options.

andy1969

Jan 25, 2012
durham city
why would u put android on a lumia thats stupid !

if u want android buy a android phone the w7 operating system is so sexy why any 1 want to is stupid.

eldenst

Apr 1, 2011
Cuauhtemoc
I don´t think he is a troll
because he is not alone. There are a lot of people who ask the same thing.
And android would not be slow on the lumia because it worked good on the HD2 and the lumia 800 has a bether hardware.

Android is not bad for people who like to tinker.
WP7 ist good for guys who just want to phone but if I buy a Smartphone i want to use its full potential.
The only reason for me to buy the Lumia 800 is its Design!
(reason enough to buy it :D)

And please don´t tell anyone WP7 has no disadvantages.
Maybe WP8 will make me happy but its not even shure if we will get it!

And think about that, this is the Lumia 800 thread and not the WP thread, so don´t call anyone troll without reason!!!

I am very optimistic to see android on my lumia next year.

farrif

Apr 19, 2010
I share his view.

I used an android phone but it died and tried window phone.

The stuff I like:
Messaging is very fast and smooth with no delay.
Battery life is really long and can last up to about 2 days on standby.

The stuff I miss that android have are:
No swype
Cannot stream movie online with the whole adobe flash
Can only open jpeg picture. Cannot even open png, gif, etc which is a disappointment.
Video file need to be the right format to play.
Cannot access LAN share folder of PC in the house.
Web browser crashing when viewing animated gif file or even long image strip.
Direct connection to PC and copy and paste with mem. card.
Music player, you can tap where you want it to play while WM have to hold down the forward button.

Not in a situation where I can freely change phone either. Oh well :|

Hydria

Mar 13, 2012
It's like trying to put IOS on android, makes no sense, the next time you want android, buy a cell phone with native android.

plagu

Oct 29, 2010
It's like trying to put IOS on android, makes no sense, the next time you want android, buy a cell phone with native android.

it's not even remotely the same thing, android is actually portable to lumia, because all the source code is available, also the n9 allready runs android and it shares same display panel as lumia, and some of the samsung android phones have same cpu, so lot of work is allready done.

It's just matter that someone starts to port android to lumia, i would love that because android is way much better os than wp7, the reason i got lumia is just like someone said the really nice design.

Reactions: abudo and jbbandos

slackingoff7

Jan 30, 2011
Although much of the with has been "done" for the phone, the main problem that remains is the bootloader. Without access to it, the bootloader will prevent any modification to the phone. I would personally like to see Android as well because I have a 710 to try out wp7. I am not finding wp7 sufficient for my needs which is sad since I only use my phone for email and productivity.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

BlitterTwisted

Mar 25, 2011
Manchester
www.oldgamer.co.uk
Anyone who says "Android is better than WP7" has no idea what they are talking about.

WP7 might be more limited in what it can do but the user experience is a million times better and it performs much better.

With Android you end up buying a phone based on specs. With WP7 and iOS you buy the phone for what it will actually do for you, specs are fairly irrelevant.

lumpaywk

Mar 30, 2010
Portsmouth/Gosport
Although much of the with has been "done" for the phone, the main problem that remains is the bootloader. Without access to it, the bootloader will prevent any modification to the phone. I would personally like to see Android as well because I have a 710 to try out wp7. I am not finding wp7 sufficient for my needs which is sad since I only use my phone for email and productivity.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

I would like to know what you mean by productivity as the email on wp smashes android and ios out the water? I wander what "productivity" are you doing? maybe we could help.

Derzis

Apr 12, 2011

The stuff I like:

No swype
Can only open jpeg picture. Cannot even open png, gif, etc which is a disappointment.
Music player, you can tap where you want it to play while WM have to hold down the forward button.

usually before you buy a phone, a car, a tv, etc you inform yourself about it
there were numerous reports about Windows Phones disadvantages, i can`t understand how you missed them

bradddo

Oct 19, 2011
i dont have anyting of value to add, but i LOVE the Lumia designs but also love my android. wp7 is slick and good but a bit limited it seems, to me at least.
I dont fully understand the tech side tho i have flashed a few roms, but if a dead(bricked) phone can be rejuvenated with android how can it not be ported or flashed on to the lumia.
I know its the bootloader, but i am curious as to how with all the geniuses on here and many other forums and sites how this is not bypassable?
I respectfully request a small explanation.

wajdzik

Sep 5, 2009
Just Buy Nokia N9 with MeeGo. This same design as Lumia 800, and Linux on the board.

Mayby instaling Android could be possible, but it does not have any sense.

lordmaxey

May 6, 2012
I have android 4.1 installed on my Nokia N9.
But there's not really any sense, it just looks very nice when you have dual boot on a mobile phone :D

bradddo

Oct 19, 2011
i have read you can flash and dual boot android on the n9 but its not like you can just go buy one. i have never seen one around here or on sale at all. I dont think they were ever offered in canada and i have seen that they cost 600 dollars or more to buy outright without a contract.
i guess i am outta luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can I installed Anroid on Nokia Lumia 800???? as windows 7 donot have nothing good in it....and the only connectivity tool is Zune :S which is useless

I cannot copy my messages from my lumia 800 to my pc, i cannot installed anything in it through my pc... guys please help!!!!!!!!
    I don´t think he is a troll
    because he is not alone. There are a lot of people who ask the same thing.
    And android would not be slow on the lumia because it worked good on the HD2 and the lumia 800 has a bether hardware.

Android is not bad for people who like to tinker.
    WP7 ist good for guys who just want to phone but if I buy a Smartphone i want to use its full potential.
    The only reason for me to buy the Lumia 800 is its Design!
    (reason enough to buy it :D)

And please don´t tell anyone WP7 has no disadvantages.
    Maybe WP8 will make me happy but its not even shure if we will get it!

And think about that, this is the Lumia 800 thread and not the WP thread, so don´t call anyone troll without reason!!!

I am very optimistic to see android on my lumia next year.
    I share his view.

The stuff I like:

No swype

Not in a situation where I can freely change phone either. Oh well :|
    You could have used the search. Or your scrollwheel. It's currently not possible to install Android on the Lumias. But since we recently discovered that some Lumia 800s have been shipped with unlocked Bootloaders it might be possible to port Android to our devices. But I don't think this will happen in the next few weeks...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1486076
    Go away, troll.