TWRP Failing to Flash ANY ROMs

Search This thread

elijahpr

May 17, 2011
Portland
Hey all,

I have my AT&T One X(L), and I'm unable to flash any custom ROMs with TWRP.

The phone is rooted, and unlocked, and on hboot 1.14.0002 if that helps.

I'm [trying] to run TWRP version 2.3.3.1 for Evita phones.

Here's the process I'm using:

I've placed the ROM zip file in the downloads section on my SD card.

Extract and flash the boot.img from the ROM zip file using command prompt.

Wipe cache/delvik/factory reset from TWRP

Press "install", and find the zip file (in this case it's ViperXL)

It never gets past this point. No error messages, all it says is that it failed to flash the zip file. I made sure that the check MD5 box is UNchecked.

ANY help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

elijahpr

May 17, 2011
Portland
Download MD5 checker from Play store if you care to ensure. Before you swipe to flash the Rom, make sure you DON'T check MD5 check.
Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I'm not 100% sure how to use this though; sorry. I uploaded the rom .zip, and the text appeared red. I'm guessing that's a bad thing?

elijahpr

May 17, 2011
Portland
Went back to the basics, and downloaded Rootchecker. It says my phone does not appear to be rooted, but I'm not sure how that's possible? I used the X-Factor exploit for 2.20 firmware, and on the bootloader screen it does say unlocked at the top. Could it actually not be rooted, or is it possible the app is wrong?

ttinjust96

Apr 1, 2011
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Went back to the basics, and downloaded Rootchecker. It says my phone does not appear to be rooted, but I'm not sure how that's possible? I used the X-Factor exploit for 2.20 firmware, and on the bootloader screen it does say unlocked at the top. Could it actually not be rooted, or is it possible the app is wrong?

I couldn't flash with TWRP one day and couldn't find a solution so I just had to return to a RUU, re-unlock the bootloader, re-root and re-flash TWRP and problems were solved.
Give this a shot, sometimes the phone just plays up :D

koysis

Mar 26, 2014
Thanks = credibility on xda. There's a thanks button beside my name that you can press if I helped you

Sent from my VENOMized HoxL

Hey Im trying to flash Android Revolution for htc one m7 to get 4.4 kit kat and sense 6. The installation keeps failing. I've done the md5 checker and the file is green. Says 'Updating partition details...' then fails. I've wiped cache, dalvik, and factory reset it. Still no luck.
This is it: http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.com/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey Im trying to flash Android Revolution for htc one m7 to get 4.4 kit kat and sense 6. The installation keeps failing. I've done the md5 checker and the file is green. Says 'Updating partition details...' then fails. I've wiped cache, dalvik, and factory reset it. Still no luck.
This is it: http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.com/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html

You're in the wrong forum, this is the HTC One XL forum, you need to ask in your own device forum.

Sent from my Evita

Shisco

I couldn't flash nearly anything with TWRP, it kept saying "error executing updater binary in zip"... The problem was solved when I finally got pissed off and installed ClockworkMod, it never ever refuses to flash a file...

Tailwind14

Aug 30, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
TWRP Flash onePLUS One ROM

I know that this thread is a bit stale; but I just got to it. I've had to reinstall my CM OS due to my own foolish error and am now going through that process. I've got what I thought was a correct full installation of CM2I3. However, somewhere along that line; I did not get a keyguard_wallpaper file installed. So now I have no way to set a lock screen. SO, Should I understand from these comments that:

- If i have a correctly check summed zip file. <cm-12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon-signed-fastboot.zip> in my "Download" folder and TWRP installed with SU installed,
- Then, I can go to Recovery mode in TWRP and run Install on that file,
- I will get a clean install right over my existing CM2I3 OS installation that will include the proper keyguard_wallpaper file installed?

Is that correct?

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
I know that this thread is a bit stale; but I just got to it. I've had to reinstall my CM OS due to my own foolish error and am now going through that process. I've got what I thought was a correct full installation of CM2I3. However, somewhere along that line; I did not get a keyguard_wallpaper file installed. So now I have no way to set a lock screen. SO, Should I understand from these comments that:

- If i have a correctly check summed zip file. <cm-12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon-signed-fastboot.zip> in my "Download" folder and TWRP installed with SU installed,
- Then, I can go to Recovery mode in TWRP and run Install on that file,
- I will get a clean install right over my existing CM2I3 OS installation that will include the proper keyguard_wallpaper file installed?

Is that correct?

your in the wrong forum.
ive never had a problem of just one file having an issue unless that build has a problem or the zip was corrupt. other then that you should consult your own device forum. your steps should be correct though if it's not a build or checksum issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I couldn't flash with TWRP one day and couldn't find a solution so I just had to return to a RUU, re-unlock the bootloader, re-root and re-flash TWRP and problems were solved.
    Go to mounts, see if sdcard is mounted. Uncheck it, go flash. It will work

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Haha yup, this is exactly what I did. Happily rooted and on a custom ROM now!
    Make sure signature verify is unchecked too.
    Make sure the md5 of the zip file is okay

kudos to you thanks for this! :good:
    Have you tried turning it off and on again? Lol jk glad to hear you got it working!