[Q] Galaxy S5 Root Questions

Search This thread

scholls22

Jun 6, 2014
I am completely new to android and the world of rooting. I have a galaxy S 5 (SM-G900A). I jailbroke my iphones in the past and found it to be pretty simple. I did the towelroot root last week and didn't know where to go or what to do next. Since the bootloader is locked is it worth it to do the root? Not sure if I am missing something but everything I look up is for the tons of other devices and different models for different carriers. I got a little overwhelmed. So my first question is should I even root this device and what exactly can I do or if you have the same device, what have you done with it?

2) Since the root, my S Health is not working and I noticed the phone to be a little jumpy. I did a factory reset on the device and found that I was still having issues. Then I realized the reset did not wipe the root, so I was able to remove the root with superuser and did another reset. My phone has been working great (non rooted). However, this morning it updated S Health and now I am back to not having that app work. Is there a fix and can it be done by only rooting again?

Thanks for any and everyone's help!

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
1)I am completely new to android and the world of rooting. I have a galaxy S 5 (SM-G900A). I jailbroke my iphones in the past and found it to be pretty simple. I did the towelroot root last week and didn't know where to go or what to do next. Since the bootloader is locked is it worth it to do the root? Not sure if I am missing something but everything I look up is for the tons of other devices and different models for different carriers. I got a little overwhelmed. So my first question is should I even root this device and what exactly can I do or if you have the same device, what have you done with it?

For any newcomer, the very first thing you MUST DO is to search information before asking anything. By doing so, you will obtain tremedous amount of knownledge

Here are a few links for your first questions:
S5-Why root?
lifehacker-10 reasons to root
trendblog-root benefits

2) Since the root, my S Health is not working and I noticed the phone to be a little jumpy. I did a factory reset on the device and found that I was still having issues. Then I realized the reset did not wipe the root, so I was able to remove the root with superuser and did another reset. My phone has been working great (non rooted). However, this morning it updated S Health and now I am back to not having that app work. Is there a fix and can it be done by only rooting again?

Thanks for any and everyone's help!

There is no need to root for your problem. This is very common issue for S5. To get your S Health worked as normal, go to Application Manager, delete data of S Health Service and Health Service

scholls22

Jun 6, 2014
For any newcomer, the very first thing you MUST DO is to search information before asking anything. By doing so, you will obtain tremedous amount of knownledge

S5-Why root?
trendblog-root benefits

There is no need to root for your problem. This is very common issue for S5. To get your S Health worked as normal, go to Application Manager, delete data of S Health Service and Health Service

I did a few searches before I submitted my question. Everything I found is for different devices. I am really looking to see if I can do any of the things you kindly provided links to with the bootloader still locked with ATT. So, that is why I submitted my question.

I also searched this topic and there are many posts that say it is related to the root. It was working fine prior to rooting, as I used it everyday since the Galaxy 5 launched.

Last edited:

scholls22

Jun 6, 2014

S5-Why root?
trendblog-root benefits

It's because they flash either CUSTOM ROM or CUSTOM KERNEL which you have to root to do so.

Just do as I said, S Health bug will be solved.

Still not working and it is freezing my device. Thanks for the help though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also searched this topic and there are many posts that say it is related to the root. It was working fine prior to rooting, as I used it everyday since the Galaxy 5 launched.

It's because they flash either CUSTOM ROM or CUSTOM KERNEL which you have to root to do so.

Just do as I said, S Health bug will be solved.