Audio Distortion

Search This thread

doaneramma

Feb 3, 2007
Saanich, BC
So, I have this very odd issue. And it seems to be regarless of ROM. Anytime I use google voice search or make a voice call, after my M8 switches back to music the play back sounds almost like I am listening it through a fan. And the weirdest part is that it doesn't matter if it is hard wired or through bluetooth (either way using a bluetooth handsfree for the voice portion). Anyone else had any similar issues? Ironically I am pretty sure my M7 and maybe even my One X had similar issues.

In terms of set up, I use an LG HBS730 Aptx Headset for hiking and walking to work, then a pioneer bluetooth enabled car stereo but I hardwire for the music (calls switch over to bluetooth). Both have the same issue. Only way to fix is a reboot.

Sir-Fix-a-Lot

Jun 17, 2014
So, I have this very odd issue. And it seems to be regarless of ROM. Anytime I use google voice search or make a voice call, after my M8 switches back to music the play back sounds almost like I am listening it through a fan. And the weirdest part is that it doesn't matter if it is hard wired or through bluetooth (either way using a bluetooth handsfree for the voice portion). Anyone else had any similar issues? Ironically I am pretty sure my M7 and maybe even my One X had similar issues.

In terms of set up, I use an LG HBS730 Aptx Headset for hiking and walking to work, then a pioneer bluetooth enabled car stereo but I hardwire for the music (calls switch over to bluetooth). Both have the same issue. Only way to fix is a reboot.

What are you running ROM wise?

Sir-Fix-a-Lot

Jun 17, 2014
It has. I'm going to download a GPE and maybe Venom and try them. Just do a quick and dirty set up and try each.

This is the first time I've seen this issue. I've tried stock Sense, GPE, and currently run SlimKat, and don't have the issue. I'll either listen through the main speakers, or a Jaybirds BlueBuds X (amazing BT headphones) and haven't had the issue on any of the ROMs.

I'd be interested to hear back if it happens with an AOSP ROM.

Reactions: Babydollll

Top Liked Posts