[REQ]Moto X camera from 4.4.3

Search This thread

iSaoHatake

Jan 10, 2012
Porto Alegre
Moto has strangely (not yet) updated their camera app on the Play Store. Can someone with 4.4.3 upload the APK here? I'm not going to update my ROM to 4.4.3 until a custom one is released.

There is not 4.4.3 yet, they said they will update unlocked moto x to 4.4.3 sometime in this week, do you have a link to download this rom? Mine is Unlocked and doesn't received yet

puiutzuusa

May 15, 2010
Boca Ville
OnePlus 9
Ok, just got the OTA and installed it..........I'll have to revert to 4.4.2........this version is still buggy, for instance, camera does not have a on screen option to switch between cameras, so I'm stuck with the front camera.......not a big fan of taking selfies. Beside that, the slow motion recording is gone. IMO it's not worth to upgrade yet.

mauri82

May 7, 2007
Rosario
Ok, just got the OTA and installed it..........I'll have to revert to 4.4.2........this version is still buggy, for instance, camera does not have a on screen option to switch between cameras, so I'm stuck with the front camera.......not a big fan of taking selfies. Beside that, the slow motion recording is gone. IMO it's not worth to upgrade yet.

I have installed the apk above (from the 4.4.3 firmware), and I have those options (I'm still on 4.4.2), but as I said before, maybe there is something else that determines the camera behavior

orangstrees

Jan 7, 2011
Pontianak
Google Pixel 3 XL
This pic taken by moto x 4.3.3

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1402208490947.jpg
    1402208490947.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,067

puiutzuusa

May 15, 2010
Boca Ville
OnePlus 9

Okay, after thinking it through and chatting with a tier 1 tech from Motorola(which didn't help), I've decided to flash TWRP again and picked up a flashable 4.4.3 from the XDA community, voila, it works and I'm pleased.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

michaelodonnell23

Aug 18, 2013
Silverdale, WA
I tested the pre-update and post-update camera and it seems that there's no difference with picture quality at all: the front-facing camera's low-light horizontal streaking still exists.

Motorola must have done the camera fix in the system's root with the 4.4.3 update, which may be why we don't see any difference with the camera. The exposure, low-light streaking, and flash coloring don't seem like things that can be fixed with an app update. :/

Top Liked Posts