Won't boot past Google bootscreen, TWRP can't mount any partition

Search This thread

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
If you've got everything now on your pc. Just fastboot the complete factory image including userdata and start the phone from fresh. Then just copy all your stuff back over

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
If you've got everything now on your pc. Just fastboot the complete factory image including userdata and start the phone from fresh. Then just copy all your stuff back over

It looks like the partition successfully mounts every 1/20+ reboots or so. Right now it managed to mount in TWRP and I'm copying over my files before doing anything else.

Just to be clear this is the second time this is happening. After the first time I _did_ do a complete factory image flash and started fresh. Now, 2 weeks later it happened again. My eMMC might be failing...

EDIT: After the backup completed I ran e2fsck /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata , it was found to be clean. I then wiped caches and rebooted and it's working. We'll see how long this lasts...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you get into the bootloader? Vol down + power

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    Yes, that is how I got to recovery. Selected recovery from the bootloader. I can also see the device through fastboot in bootloader mode.

Get the cache.img from the factory image and flash that in fastboot.

fastboot flash cache cache.img

Wow...it somehow just booted. I installed Philz' recovery and it was saying the same thing, coudln't mount /data, /cache or anything. Told it to reboot into bootloader, that didn't work so I go to power it on and it booted... :/
    Wow...it somehow just booted. I installed Philz' recovery and it was saying the same thing, coudln't mount /data, /cache or anything. Told it to reboot into bootloader, that didn't work so I go to power it on and it booted... :/

Well, that's good. Hopefully it'll continue without problems. And, yea, I get around

You probably will have to. Use the option to flash back to stock.

Yea if I wanted to lose my data, it would be easy! It can all be done through fastboot.