Explain lack of Google Wallet Tap n Pay?

Search This thread

badboyg200

Nov 14, 2007
Can someone explain to me exactly why google wallet will not work with Note 3 running KitKat???

I do NOT want that ISIS junk

Thanks in advance!

adoublearonn

Aug 26, 2007
Detroit, MI
I really wish someone would mod it, although I'm not sure if Wallet has support for NFC SIM cards, or if there is even a difference in the way the Android sees the NFC hardware.

Morkai Almandragon

Jan 29, 2009
Can someone explain to me exactly why google wallet will not work with Note 3 running KitKat???

Thanks in advance!

You are not alone. What it boils down to is this, Our NFC chip is capable of tap to pay, but requires essentially drivers, google has not added the ones for this chip in stock android but some manufacturers have, including Samsung. Unfortunately the N3 came out just a hair too early to ride that train.

One word, Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Note S5

Not this time...

I really wish someone would mod it, although I'm not sure if Wallet has support for NFC SIM cards, or if there is even a difference in the way the Android sees the NFC hardware.

Have a look at Jasmine rom, it is a complete S5 port and because it uses the same NFC chip as us, it may just be our foot in the door for tap to pay. 2.0 allowed you to set up tap to pay, but it did nothing at the check out, I am hoping it will work in 2.2.

Reactions: badboyg200

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!

You are not alone. What it boils down to is this, Our NFC chip is capable of tap to pay, but requires essentially drivers, google has not added the ones for this chip in stock android but some manufacturers have, including Samsung. Unfortunately the N3 came out just a hair too early to ride that train.

One word, Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Note S5

Not this time...

Have a look at Jasmine rom, it is a complete S5 port and because it uses the same NFC chip as us, it may just be our foot in the door for tap to pay. 2.0 allowed you to set up tap to pay, but it did nothing at the check out, I am hoping it will work in 2.2.