usb port warranty return with broken screen

Search This thread

jgr208

Oct 20, 2010
Hi,

So my usb port stopped charging and getting really hot so i called about the warranty and they said it is covered and that I may return the phone. However about 4 months about the phone was dropped and the screen cracked. now i am worried that if i send it in for a replacement phone they may charge me due to the cracked screen that never had anything to do with the usb charging port not working. anyone ever had an experience with this or advice?

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Hi,

So my usb port stopped charging and getting really hot so i called about the warranty and they said it is covered and that I may return the phone. However about 4 months about the phone was dropped and the screen cracked. now i am worried that if i send it in for a replacement phone they may charge me due to the cracked screen that never had anything to do with the usb charging port not working. anyone ever had an experience with this or advice?

You should call them and ask. I'd imagine they won't replace it and call it physical damage.

jgr208

Oct 20, 2010
You should call them and ask. I'd imagine they won't replace it and call it physical damage.

That would make sense. Well i guess I can see how much of a pia wireless charging is as the only charging method to use. Since that still works. Still though would suck if they call that physical damage since one had nothing to do with the other.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
That would make sense. Well i guess I can see how much of a pia wireless charging is as the only charging method to use. Since that still works. Still though would suck if they call that physical damage since one had nothing to do with the other.

Well, give them a call and ask them. They would know better than anyone here.

Reactions: jgr208

jgr208

Oct 20, 2010

The connectors on the n5 (usb and headphone) are fairly easy to change

I have heard that. However, now my phone keeps dropping calls when they are on LTE, never happened before. Could the usb cord have damaged this too? Since I tried to plug it in one more time to test it out and when i took the usb cord out i burned my thumb. So I had to out of need due to no other phone to use since no home phone get a moto g and wait to see if a new nexus comes out soon and if not just get another n5

xhadudkenx

Dec 8, 2010
I think they can wrap everything around the fact that there is physical damage on the phone.

You could always say that it was perfect when you sent it and maybe the postal carrier messed it up.

jgr208

Oct 20, 2010
I think they can wrap everything around the fact that there is physical damage on the phone.

You could always say that it was perfect when you sent it and maybe the postal carrier messed it up.

Haha I know they will do that. One of the facts I have learned this year from being an adult is any company will try to get your buck any way no matter what. Still trying to get $20 back another company stole from me.

xhadudkenx

Dec 8, 2010
Its called liability. No single employee feels they owe you anything. The "company" knows nothing about you or even cares. If you want your money back you need to attack the company and not an employee who just works there. Even the CEO of the company is just an employee. The company is just a machine. Stick a grenade in its gears and you'll get your money as well as your screen fixed.

jgr208

Oct 20, 2010
Its called liability. No single employee feels they owe you anything. The "company" knows nothing about you or even cares. If you want your money back you need to attack the company and not an employee who just works there. Even the CEO of the company is just an employee. The company is just a machine. Stick a grenade in its gears and you'll get your money as well as your screen fixed.

Whoa I never attacked any employee. The employees are just there to help. Most of the time they are pretty helpful. I wasn't even talking about Google for the $20 or about my phone. Nor will I name the company since I don't want to start a flame war.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well, give them a call and ask them. They would know better than anyone here.