[GUIDE] Obtaining S-OFF on Sprint HTC One HBOOT 1.57

Search This thread

Pew446

Oct 9, 2013
I had some trouble getting S-OFF using HBOOT 1.57, and I finally got it. Here is what I did in hopes someone may find it useful:

Before you Begin:

If you get stuck at the white HTC Logo when booting or you get "Process com.htc.dialer isn't responding" at any point in this guide, or even before it, you are likely missing your Radio. (I don't know exactly how this happens, but it apparently does sometimes.) I had this problem once, and flashing the latest radio from here in recovery fixed it.

Steps:

1. Flash this ROM. (Other ROMs may work, but this one gave me no trouble at all)
  2. Flash this Kernel. <-- Important! Firewater will fail if you don't do this!
  3. Follow the Firewater Instructions to obtain S-OFF. It should work the very first time. (Use the "normal, rooted device method" set of instructions.)

You should now be S-OFF! After this, you can proceed to flash your favorite ROMs Kernels, and HBOOTs. If you would like to downgrade to HBOOT 1.44 (I did), you can find the files here.

Please post if this works for you or if you need help. Thanks to all the developers who made this possible! :)

Last edited:

Branchys

Sep 4, 2014
Thank you very so much

thank you very much you helped me save my htc was like brick but since I got resurrect from your guide

DanielGalan

Jul 28, 2013
Question

I had some trouble getting S-OFF using HBOOT 1.57, and I finally got it. Here is what I did in hopes someone may find it useful:

Before you Begin:

If you get stuck at the white HTC Logo when booting or you get "Process com.htc.dialer isn't responding" at any point in this guide, or even before it, you are likely missing your Radio. (I don't know exactly how this happens, but it apparently does sometimes.) I had this problem once, and flashing the latest radio from here in recovery fixed it.

Steps:

1. Flash this ROM. (Other ROMs may work, but this one gave me no trouble at all)
  3. Follow the Firewater Instructions to obtain S-OFF. It should work the very first time. (Use the "normal, rooted device method" set of instructions.)

You should now be S-OFF! After this, you can proceed to flash your favorite ROMs Kernels, and HBOOTs. If you would like to downgrade to HBOOT 1.44 (I did), you can find the files here.

Please post if this works for you or if you need help. Thanks to all the developers who made this possible! :)

Hi, what specific ROM and Kernel version did you use to get Firewater to work? I have flashed rom Bad_Boyz_Sprint_ONE_Sense_6_v1.0 and Kernel ElementalX-sprint-m7-13.1 but USB debugging is not working and Firewater is not working properly, I am guessing its a kernel issue. I leave everything on default while installing Kernel thru TWRP. Can you confirm? I appreciate the help

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
Hi, what specific ROM and Kernel version did you use to get Firewater to work? I have flashed rom Bad_Boyz_Sprint_ONE_Sense_6_v1.0 and Kernel ElementalX-sprint-m7-13.1 but USB debugging is not working and Firewater is not working properly, I am guessing its a kernel issue. I leave everything on default while installing Kernel thru TWRP. Can you confirm? I appreciate the help

Did you check if your fastboot drivers are working?

DanielGalan

Jul 28, 2013
Did you check if your fastboot drivers are working?

Yes, I did fastboot devices and I got the device listed there. Although I could see that in the phone it does not appear the 4 bars of USB debugging. I had it checked in the Dev Options. When I do the same with the stock 4.4.2 I do get those 4 bars and the indication that the USB debugging is active.

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
Yes, I did fastboot devices and I got the device listed there. Although I could see that in the phone it does not appear the 4 bars of USB debugging. I had it checked in the Dev Options. When I do the same with the stock 4.4.2 I do get those 4 bars and the indication that the USB debugging is active.

Does fastboot devices work in the bootloader?

DanielGalan

Jul 28, 2013
Verify if the file access permissions changed.. it might be that chmod isn't working.

Hi. I meant adb devices. And I was wondering how do I check the file permissions. Can I try to copy firewater with a root file manager ? Thank you

This is what I get in adb

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb wait-for-device push firewat
er /data/local/tmp
5927 KB/s (4522136 bytes in 0.745s)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell
shell@m7wls:/ $ su
su
root@m7wls:/ # chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
root@m7wls:/ # /data/local/tmp/firewater
/data/local/tmp/firewater
root@m7wls:/ #

After this, there is no action from firewater. I should get a warning prompt, but I don't.

Last edited:

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
Hi. I meant adb devices. And I was wondering how do I check the file permissions. Can I try to copy firewater with a root file manager ? Thank you

This is what I get in adb

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb wait-for-device push firewat
er /data/local/tmp
5927 KB/s (4522136 bytes in 0.745s)

shell@m7wls:/ $ su
su
root@m7wls:/ # chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
root@m7wls:/ # /data/local/tmp/firewater
root@m7wls:/ #

After this, there is no action from firewater. I should get a warning prompt, but I don't.

Are you doing adb reboot before doing adb wait-for-device? Also make sure that your device has no lock mechanism enabled (pattern lock etc).

Last edited:

DanielGalan

Jul 28, 2013
Are you doing adb reboot before doing adb wait-for-device? Also make sure that your device has no lock mechanism enabled (pattern lock etc).

I do, this is what I found weird. Screenshot 1 is stock rom 4.4.2 and it says USB debugging enabled. Screenshot 2&3 is Bad_Boyz_Sprint_ONE_Sense_6_v1.0 ROM with its default kernel, it shows no USB debugging enabled even when its selected

Attachments

• Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    152.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot2.png
    Screenshot2.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot3.png
    Screenshot3.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 91

DanielGalan

Jul 28, 2013
Try following the instructions on this post.

Thank you for bearing with me.
I did as indicated on that post, but still having issues with firewater. This is what I get:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
FA34MS906354 device

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb reboot

er /data/local/tmp
4533 KB/s (4522136 bytes in 0.974s)

←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nshell@m7spr:/ $ su
su
←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nroot@m7spr:/ # chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
root@m7spr:/ # /data/local/tmp/firewater
root@m7spr:/ #

There is no action after this

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
Thank you for bearing with me.
I did as indicated on that post, but still having issues with firewater. This is what I get:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
FA34MS906354 device

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb reboot

er /data/local/tmp
4533 KB/s (4522136 bytes in 0.974s)

←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nshell@m7spr:/ $ su
su
←7←[r←[999;999H←[6nroot@m7spr:/ # chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
root@m7spr:/ # /data/local/tmp/firewater
root@m7spr:/ #

There is no action after this

Try flashing an older release of CyanogenMod - I'd try Snapshot M8.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Before you Begin:

Steps: