[ROM] Super Clean De-Binged DI01 + AOSP apps - Updated 10/30 Version 0.4

Search This thread

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
ROM is now also available on ROM Manager! Also, additional options have been added to the Rom Manager download, such as optional installs of the Fascinate's stock Mms.apk, puzzle piece lockscreen, and visual voicemail.

So here's a ROM for all you trigger happy flashers out there. It's based upon the DI01 ota update, with ALL vzw/sammy bloat removed (even the power up jingle is gone) and some aosp apps thrown in. Also included is the stock 2.1 lockscreen.

All apk's are deodexed/optipng'd/zipalign'd, aosp apps built straight from source (available on my github, github.com/jt1134). TouchWiz launcher has been replaced with ADWLauncher. Also included are fully functional busybox and bash binaries. A custom kernel is NOT included in this ROM.

This zip will format /system, data wipe likely NOT required, but it's always a good idea. Flash it with ClockworkMod recovery.

Enjoy, and please stop with the useless threads. Thanks. :)

credits:
mangling stock system and modding/compiling aosp apps - jt1134
eliot stocker music mod - CM
gallery3d fork - codeauroraforum/aosp
adwlauncher - anderweb
superuser - chainsdd
2.1 lockscreen - wasupwithuman

If you get fc's, wipe data/cache and/or fixpermissions from ClockworkMod and/or try booting first without your sdcard inserted. That media scanner is a skank ho.

EDIT: replaced Calendar with stock TW Calendar, added working CarDock and a few misc. apps that may help with the issues people are having.
EDIT: readded TWLauncher for those that may want it. sync issues *should* be fixed. also added a few other misc helper tools.

EDIT: also attached is an update.zip to restore the puzzle piece unlock screen.

EDIT 10/28 - version 0.3 :
added newest versions of:
Google Maps (4.6.0)
ADWLauncher (1.2.0)
Android Market (Froyo Version)
YouTube (latest Froyo Version)

new:
added nano (just for you ludeboy :p - untested at the moment)
added snazzy bootanimation for those with a compatible kernel
added EnhancedGoogleSearch.apk that I somehow missed before :p
EDIT 10/30 - version 0.4 :
new:
added Bing-less Browser.apk from Mesmerize
added Contacts.apk with swipe to call/text from Mesmerize
added libsecgps.so from Mesmerize (light testing shows some gps improvement)
added additional hostnames to /system/etc/hosts for ad-blocking
added hacked lights.default.so from those with a kernel supporting BLN

http://www.mediafire.com/?kz1a222nfpol6fv <-> v0.2
http://www.mediafire.com/?uzi83rzst45m7c2 <-> v0.3
http://www.mediafire.com/?08h3hp9rio1i0pe <-> v0.4

If you enjoy the work I do, you can contribute to my beer fund. Beer helps me think!

Attachments

• puzzle_lock.zip
    183.3 KB · Views: 1,105
Last edited:

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
Regarding that strange bar across the calendar--I had the same issue when I did something like this for the HTC Incredible (except it was green). Ended up going back to the HTC calendar because of it.

ibebyi

Jul 20, 2010
I flashed this and its crazily clean but found that acore keeps fc'ing randomly, and not just in the isolated occurence you pointed out :) Other than that thanks a lot!!! this is amazing

saps

Sep 17, 2010
So here's a ROM for all you trigger happy flashers out there. It's based upon the DI01 ota update, with ALL vzw/sammy bloat removed and some aosp apps thrown in. Also included is the stock 2.1 lockscreen.

All apk's are deodexed/optipng'd/zipalign'd, aosp apps built straight from source (available on my github, github.com/jt1134). TouchWiz launcher has been replaced with ADWLauncher. A custom kernel is NOT included in this ROM as a fully functional build has yet to be completed. (if you can help with the kernel, please hit me up on IRC #samsung-fascinate)

This zip will format /system, data wipe likely NOT required, but it's always a good idea. Flash it with ClockworkMod recovery.

Only noticed 2 bugs. The aosp calendar app is included, and has a weird grey bar across the top of the screen on all calendar views. Still investigating that. The other issue is an acore fc when putting the phone in airplane mode. It can apparently be safely ignored however, and the device does go into airplane mode.

Enjoy, and please stop with the useless threads. Thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r2c0f435gu55b8b

credits:
adwlauncher - anderweb
superuser - chainsdd

Thanks jt1134 you da man :)

jt1134

May 8, 2010
I flashed this and its crazily clean but found that acore keeps fc'ing randomly, and not just in the isolated occurence you pointed out :) Other than that thanks a lot!!! this is amazing

hmmm

I've been running it for over a week with no issues. Did you wipe data?

ckochinsky125

Sep 7, 2010
is there a way to remove icons because when i try to put them in the trash(messaging for example) it keeps putting it back on the home screen

kchylde

Mar 15, 2009
Just flashed...

Thanks a million for this... I was also getting the random FCs but used Clockwork to fix permissions, rebooted, and now its working just fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM is now also available on ROM Manager! Also, additional options have been added to the Rom Manager download, such as optional installs of the Fascinate's stock Mms.apk, puzzle piece lockscreen, and visual voicemail.

So here's a ROM for all you trigger happy flashers out there. It's based upon the DI01 ota update, with ALL vzw/sammy bloat removed (even the power up jingle is gone) and some aosp apps thrown in. Also included is the stock 2.1 lockscreen.

All apk's are deodexed/optipng'd/zipalign'd, aosp apps built straight from source (available on my github, github.com/jt1134). TouchWiz launcher has been replaced with ADWLauncher. Also included are fully functional busybox and bash binaries. A custom kernel is NOT included in this ROM.

Enjoy, and please stop with the useless threads. Thanks. :)

credits:
    adwlauncher - anderweb
    superuser - chainsdd

If you get fc's, wipe data/cache and/or fixpermissions from ClockworkMod and/or try booting first without your sdcard inserted. That media scanner is a skank ho.

EDIT: replaced Calendar with stock TW Calendar, added working CarDock and a few misc. apps that may help with the issues people are having.
    EDIT: readded TWLauncher for those that may want it. sync issues *should* be fixed. also added a few other misc helper tools.

EDIT: also attached is an update.zip to restore the puzzle piece unlock screen.

EDIT 10/28 - version 0.3 :
    added newest versions of:
    Google Maps (4.6.0)
    ADWLauncher (1.2.0)
    Android Market (Froyo Version)
    YouTube (latest Froyo Version)

new:
    added nano (just for you ludeboy :p - untested at the moment)
    added snazzy bootanimation for those with a compatible kernel
    added EnhancedGoogleSearch.apk that I somehow missed before :p
    EDIT 10/30 - version 0.4 :
    new:
    added Bing-less Browser.apk from Mesmerize
    added Contacts.apk with swipe to call/text from Mesmerize
    added libsecgps.so from Mesmerize (light testing shows some gps improvement)
    added additional hostnames to /system/etc/hosts for ad-blocking
    added hacked lights.default.so from those with a kernel supporting BLN

http://www.mediafire.com/?kz1a222nfpol6fv <-> v0.2
    http://www.mediafire.com/?uzi83rzst45m7c2 <-> v0.3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?08h3hp9rio1i0pe <-> v0.4

If you enjoy the work I do, you can contribute to my beer fund. Beer helps me think!