[DEV][RC5] Team Nyx [Android 4.0.4] (ICSSGS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DerKoch

Dec 5, 2010
I am having this exact same problem. I am using build 4.2 and have a microcell about 15 feet from my phone when I go to bed. In the mornings when i wake up I can reliably say that I have no signal bars, but a solid grey triangle (best as I can see) and flipping wifi, airplane mode or wireless data has no effect regaining signal.

The only fix I've found is a full reboot.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all the hard work! I love ics!
I have the same problem with every ICS rom to ever come out for the captivate: I randomly lose all signal and the only way to fix it is either a reboot, or toggling airplane mode on and off. On some roms only a reboot helps. WHAT IS THIS!?!? It is driving me nuts.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

mbc663

Feb 12, 2009
Philadelphia
I am having this exact same problem. I am using build 4.2 and have a microcell about 15 feet from my phone when I go to bed. In the mornings when i wake up I can reliably say that I have no signal bars, but a solid grey triangle (best as I can see) and flipping wifi, airplane mode or wireless data has no effect regaining signal.

The only fix I've found is a full reboot.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all the hard work! I love ics!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

can also duplicate this problem on a friggin daily basis and its aggrevating to say the least. whats even more annoying is i use google voice to talk on the phone since its CONSTANTLY dropping out and for some reason when my signal drops, my wifi drops for a second disconnecting my conversation. i blame at&t most of the time because i get a horrible signal in my home and thought of getting a micro cell for this reason alone but this even happened to me on GB minus the google voice issue.

pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Podunk, Tennessee
mbc663,

what modem do you use? we have a Microcell at work and I live in a rural area with poor coverage as well. we live on the very edge of 3g and the 2g isnt very good. My office is a steel warehouse so nothing makes it inside, hence the microcell. have you tried teh UGKG3 modem? I used that on this ROM and it worked really good for me in low signal areas. I recently swapped to the Collective ICS rom and it works on that one good too...

Got it from this page..
http://soggycashew.weebly.com/cm7miui--ics-modems.html

mbc663

Feb 12, 2009
Philadelphia
mbc663,

what modem do you use? we have a Microcell at work and I live in a rural area with poor coverage as well. we live on the very edge of 3g and the 2g isnt very good. My office is a steel warehouse so nothing makes it inside, hence the microcell. have you tried teh UGKG3 modem? I used that on this ROM and it worked really good for me in low signal areas. I recently swapped to the Collective ICS rom and it works on that one good too...

Got it from this page..
http://soggycashew.weebly.com/cm7miui--ics-modems.html

ive been back and forth between kp1 and jk4. im seriously starting to doubt its modem related. if my signal drops, the modem isnt going to do anything. i will however give kg3 a try tonight, oddly i dont know why i havent yet with all the talk about it. i though kp1 is as good as it gets with the 10-20 i tried. ill let u know tonight how its working out for me. thanks bro.

Xenocide83

Jul 1, 2008
Honor View 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
USB Problem

Sorry if this has been answered already but I have checked the Q&A as well as done a search on this forum with no luck. I am running into the problem of not being able to write files from my PC to the Internal or External SD card when connected via USB. I keep getting the error that it is write-protected. I have tried various drivers to get this to work with no luck. I have tried Android R04, Nexus S and Samsung drivers all with the same outcome. Any suggestions?

silvertag

Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
Sorry if this has been answered already but I have checked the Q&A as well as done a search on this forum with no luck. I am running into the problem of not being able to write files from my PC to the Internal or External SD card when connected via USB. I keep getting the error that it is write-protected. I have tried various drivers to get this to work with no luck. I have tried Android R04, Nexus S and Samsung drivers all with the same outcome. Any suggestions?

Menu/Settings/Storage/Menu/USB computer connection ... Are you set to USB Mass Storage ?.

Xenocide83

Jul 1, 2008
Honor View 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
1. Have you tried to removing the external card and reboot ?

Yes I have. I have unmounted, ejected, rebooted and tried transferring to just the phone, no luck. Re-inserted the SD and tried writing to phone and card, no luck

2. Have you by any chance activated the ICS encryption feature ?

Haven't touched ICS encryption at all. None of the ICS versions have allowed me to successfully write files to my phone. Pre-ICS allows me just fine.

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Was just reading on cm9 thread that they can select "back button kills app" under developer options....that would be absolutely HUGE if it could be implemented here because up until now on ANY rom eclair froyo or gb, backing out of an app doesn't completely kill it from ram...just making it take longer to reload. We have an option to kill as soon as user leaves app but that's too much....just pressing home button kills it.
Sent from my Galaxy S Captivate on ICSSGS 4.2 w/IcyGlitch v14b3

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Was just reading on cm9 thread that they can select "back button kills app" under developer options....that would be absolutely HUGE if it could be implemented here because up until now on ANY rom eclair froyo or gb, backing out of an app doesn't completely kill it from ram...just making it take longer to reload. We have an option to kill as soon as user leaves app but that's too much....just pressing home button kills it.

Why? I rarely feel my phone slow down and when I do is couse I have 15+ apps and 1, just one, of them decided to mess up. Android has gotten really good on how it manages cpu/ram with idle apps. Just my 2 cents

Edit: In my case apps that usually are the culprit is Pulse, Market, Facebook and occasionally G+ in that order.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbc663

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
I keep getting widgets that not being used going in to memory. Along with the Market, and few other things so I end up with only 56 meg of free memory.

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
too much junk stays in ram. Example: let's say you opened up Facebook on accident. You back out and jump on xda. Fb's taking up ~40mb ram. Not to mention killing any other apps you wanted in memory to make room for it. I think its a MILLION times more useful than the "kill app soon as user leaves" option we have now because even just pressing home kills apps

At least for me,, the back button kills app option would be MASSSSSIVE

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
I've never had issues with Swiftkey. I do not use live wallpapers, because it eats my processor way to much. Maybe thats the difference?

jeffro7172

Sep 9, 2010
help please

I have 4.1 and may look at doing the 4.2 upgrade, but a couple issues that I had on it....wondering if anyone can help.
Camera not saving to external sd...know this is known, but didn't see if there was a fix yet. Somewhat related is hacking the camera to use the power button for taking pics. Will all the cam issues be fixed at one time?
Biggest issue is when I used to run GB and had an Xcal compatible kernel, the phone would play through my car stereo on the dock using his sound dock redirector app. This rom and stock kernal isn't supported and the stereo plays fine through the dock (alot better than before actually) but I'm now back to using my BT headset for calls and I used to love just using the stereo. Anyone have/know a workaround for this?
thanks in advance! Other than that, I'm loving the ICS rom!

I don't know if anyone goes combing through the last few pages for questions, but wanted to re-ask to see if anyone knew some stuff on these....
thanks!
Jeff

scrypt

Dec 26, 2011
fb sync issue

I love the captivate, but when it comes to RAM, captivate sucks big time. I think Samsung should be sued for lying to customers. I mean it is advertised as having 512mb RAM but, In reality it has a mere 326 Mb, more close to 384 Mb than 512 Mb I suppose.
My friend has a Google Nexus One and it clearly shows as having 420 MB( advertised as 512).
Also, I am having a problem with the FB sync. When I click on Facebook in Accounts & Sync All I get is a black screen and after like 30seconds a notification appears stating "You have X new messages". I don't get any options for Calender, photos, Contacts Sync :(. Someone help me plz

KERNEL: ICy GLITCH V14 B3

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

At least for me,, the back button kills app option would be MASSSSSIVE
Use Apex launcher. It gives that option by default, it runs on any ICS version
Press Thanks if it helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Team Nyx

-- DemonWav -- Nushor -- Onecosmic -- PaulForde -- RaymondDull -- Trae32566 --

This ROM is based directly on the source code straight from Google themselves, the way Android is meant to be. This ROM is produced by a collaboration of many different people, with the main development being done by Onecosmic himself. We strive to bring releases as often as possible and provide a stable AOSP ROM.

We are in the midst of many changes and will try to have our source code back up as soon as possible.

We do not support anything that is not produced by us!

Team ICSSGS is now Team Nyx!

We have made lots of changes, and part of that includes moving our base from XDA to our own website. All information, as well as downloads will be on our website, but please continue your discussions and we will continue our support here on the forums. Please check out our site at http://team-nyx.com/
    loleverything works pretty much not a huge need for this here
    Ok guys here is what IS going to happen. People WILL search before posting, people WILL NOT flame others for not searching but WILL use the report button or hell send me a PM. Now these things will happen or I WILL go on a "Iron Fist" Banning spree and and send people on a vacation.

I really hope I made things clear.
    Sorry Diablo III came out, so the release date is pushed back indefinitely...I mean, what can I say? LOL Just kidding of course...kind of. ;) We are working on maybe a Friday release of RC5.
    RC5 is finally getting near it seems. But I do have AP tests to take until next Wednesday so it definitely won't be till at least a few days after that. If there is anyone that is from the US who remembers/knows about the AP tests then you know how hard they are...takes up all of your time until they are done. :)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA