[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Samsung Vibrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kobesabi

Apr 27, 2009
The sound via bluetooth to car speaker is barely audible even though phone and speaker are cranked up to the max. Is it just my phone setting or it's a problem right now in CM9? If it just my setting, what can I change to raise the volume more? Do I have to tweak something in DSP? Or enable Voodoo sound or something like that?

hitman818

Aug 5, 2010
Whenever I try to update my cousins vibrant to the newest nightly the installation always gets aborted. It says there a status 7 error. I dont know if its because im upsating from such an old ics rom, one of the early ics passion roms. Can anyone help?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

f_mulder

Feb 16, 2008
Whenever I try to update my cousins vibrant to the newest nightly the installation always gets aborted. It says there a status 7 error. I dont know if its because im upsating from such an old ics rom, one of the early ics passion roms. Can anyone help?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I think you have to ODIN to stock first...
Look for installation instructions for those who come form ICS...

ali1276

Jan 11, 2011
DFW
Hey fault exception,
I remember when they came out with the CM7 with 911 fixed, they said you needed to use a libaudio.lib compiled for the i9000

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

BigWorldJust

Jun 14, 2009
Anyone know why when I try to take pictures or videos it says my SD Card is full but I have over 8GB free? Thanks.

mishamosher

Jul 23, 2010
Sorry for late testings, the university got me from balls in matters of time :p

I've done tests with NIGHTLIES.

I've been working with the April's 24th Nightly.

The installation steps that I did:

1- Wipe, full wipe. System, boot, data, cache, all those partitions, FULLY WIPED.
2- Flash the CM9 zip package.
3- Flash the GAPPS package (http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip).
4- Sign-in to my GAccount, sync and in the case of the Nightly, install aLogcat from GPlay.
5- Start testing!

The modem that I'm using is the KB5 one.

After every test, I did a reboot of the phone.

For the Nightly tests, the results with the SIM card IN are these:

First call: Good. Rebooted.
Second call: Fail. 9 secs connected with no sound, and then call ends. Rebooted.
Third call: Did a EFS restore in here. Same as second call. Rebooted.
Fourth call: Same as second call. Rebooted.
Fifth call: What the heck... same as second call. Did another call without rebooting the phone and it did connect. Rebooted.
Sixth call: Good. Rebooted.

With the SIM card OUT:

First call: Got out of service first. Tried again, call did connect. Rebooted.
Second call: Good. Rebooted.
Third call: Good. Rebooted.
Fourth call: Good. Rebooted.

Also, I don't know why, but every time that the phone boot up, I'd to wait around 2~3 mins to have signal. In one case, I also needed to restore a EFS backup, I got a wrong IMEI!

In none test case I'd signal down after calling, magic reboots, freezes, FC's, etc. It was like a simple not connected call, nothing more.

All the logcats have been sent via PM to protect some info that's confidential and is saved in those logcats.

I've not done any dumps with the Test Build. When I run the dumpstate command, at the 30 secs the phone freezes and it won't unfreeze. Tried many things, but hadn't luck. However, I got results that are like the Nightly ones, 60 % fails, 40 % good with SIM with six calls. Totally good results without SIM and another six calls.

Any question, extra info, or whatever, don't dude to post or PM for it!

shadowx360

Mar 18, 2012
Hey, OP, thanks for the hard work. There is still a few bugs though, I have an issue with the battery usage. It says cell standby uses the most battery. I have the airplane mode icon at top, but when I check by holding the power button, it is off, when I turn it on, it gets grayed out with no option to turn it off, and battery starts show the standby is still burning battery. Right after I turn airplane mode on (well, it's not really on, apparently), it restarts. I did it three times, every time it restarts after a bit. This is in the latest nightly. Can you please check this out? Thanks again.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

a2296455

May 2, 2011
1)YES
2)NO

I'll take care of 3 and 4 later today or tomorrow. I want to add one more thing.
It usually occurs when I'm downloading something, turning on/off the screen or opening apps.

Actually...I'll let you know next Friday.... finals week :( gotta study :(

Any chance we can get the iPhone headphones working with this phone? The speakers work and I can use them talking when people call in, but the three button press doesn't work for accepting calls, hanging up, or any of the music buttons...

Panamon

Jan 1, 2012
My 2 cents.

After many wipe/reinstalls of current nightlies, I flashed back to 20120403 about a week ago. Phone has been super smooth with no FC issues, no black screens of death, great battery life and GPS works all the time, every time.
I just chose that nightly to revert to by estimation because I remembered that things had been much smoother early this month but seemed to have degraded slowly but surely over time.

Haven't tried to dial 911 but everything else works and my phone is usable once again.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium HD app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please note that there may be intermittent emergency dialing issues and/or GPS/AGPS issues (including GPS daemon crashing, which does not restart) which could hinder location of you in an emergency.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std/disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
     * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
     * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
     * laugh at you.
     */

This thread is for the development of CyanogenMod 9 nightlies for the Samsung Vibrant (aka SGH-T959), the Galaxy S 4G / Vibrant 4G (SGH-T959V) is not supported here. Nightlies are built each night with the very latest code, for this reason, they are extremely experimental and should be avoided by beginners and people who have important responsibilities tied to the usage of their phone.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

[font=Calibri, Arial]Known Issues[/font]​
    Probably still has intermittent emergency dialing issues (such as 911) like CM7
    See the rest of the issues here.

Please report new issues here:
    http://code.google.com/p/vibrant-cm/issues/list

[font=Calibri, Arial]Downloads[/font]​
    Did you read known issues? No? Go read them.

DO NOT USE AS A DAILY DRIVER

ROM: http://get.cm/?device=vibrantmtd&type=nightly
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

[font=Calibri, Arial]Installing[/font]​
    ... from another CM9 nightly
    1. Reboot into recovery
    2. Do a nandroid backup (just in case)
    3. Install from ZIP
    4. Reboot
    5. If it gives you trouble later, wipe cache, and reboot. If it still gives you trouble, do a full wipe, install again and reboot.

... from CyanogenMod 7 or a CM7-based ROM
    1. Reboot into recovery
    2. Do a nandroid backup (just in case)
    3. Wipe everything (wipe data/factory reset)
    4. Install from ZIP
    5. Optionally install the Google Apps add-on.
    6. Reboot

... from stock 2.2 Froyo
    WARNING: Don't install if it's your first time flashing a phone!
    1. Install CWM Recovery by following this guide.
    2. Reboot into recovery.
    3. Wipe everything (wipe data/factory reset)
    4. Install from ZIP.
    5. Optionally install the Google Apps add-on.
    6. Reboot.

WARNING: If you use Titanium Backup to backup your apps do not backup system data or system apps, restoring either of those on CM9 could cause issues.

[font=Calibri, Arial]FAQ[/font]​
    Q: I can't add my Google account!
    A: Install the Google Apps package from CWM recovery, linked above. This is standard procedure with CyanogenMod ROMs due to licensing issues with Google.

Q: Can you enter service mode with *#*#197328640#*#* like CM7?
    A: Yes.

Q: I keep getting "Installation Aborted" error 7
    A: Install the Glitch kernel and retry.

Q: Where's the changelog?
    A: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#vibrantmtd/cm9/latest

Q: When will the Linaro tweaks be merged?
    A: Don't know.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    [font=Calibri,Arial]How to Build[/font]​
    First initialize your build environment.

Now follow the "installing repo" section in this guide:
    http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html

Now downloading CyanogenMod source:
    Code:
    mkdir ~/Desktop/CM9
    cd ~/Desktop/CM9
    repo init -u http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git
    repo sync -j24

More setup:
    Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh
    breakfast cm_vibrantmtd-userdebug

Getting proprietary files:
    You must have a copy of CM9 for the Vibrant running on your phone for this part.
    Code:
    ( cd device/samsung/vibrantmtd && ./extract-files.sh )

Compiling:
    Code:
    mka bacon

Ok so here is my 911 experience. I live in Denver by the way, and I just emailed the 911 operations manager about doing a test call. She said that is fine just please do it between 8:30 and 11:30 as that is their lowest call volume.

So the first time I called it clicked, hung up and disabled my entire cell signal. No signal no data nothing. So I rebooted my phone, and google voice informed me I had 2 missed calls from the Denver PD. I tried again and it worked perfectly. I explained I was testing a piece of software, the woman was very friendly said that was no problem and they wouldn't send anyone out. She also confirmed that all the E911 info came up properly on her screen.

So I'm not sure what to make of this exactly. One time it did nothing though at least my number got through. The other time it worked great. I mean the first time could have been a glitch entirely unrelated to CM. Hard to say. It leaves me ambigious though. If I have a real emergency I really don't want to wait for the phone to reboot!

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Oh and per my previous message of issues with Exchange.. turned out my work Exchange server was down. Working great now!