[Q] Deleted OS, Odin Fails, Computer won't recognize phone

Search This thread

Via_Crusis1689

Mar 27, 2014
I have spent days searching for solutions and everything I have tried failed.

I thought I did a factory restore but somehow deleted the entire operating system. I tried flashing an official ROM via Odin but it failed (I know it previously worked), and my PC won't recognize the phone. I do have a custom recovery, TWRP, but the backup was on a different custom recovery and I somehow got the phone to start into the ClockworkMod (?). Any ideas? I have researched extensively and have found nothing. Kies won't even recognize my phone.

I also cannot get the phone's drivers to install on my computer, and I have reinstalled them multiple times.

Can anyone help me? I feel like I've wasted $400 on a phone that is now useless (I did buy it refurbished but also bought a third-party warranty, and accessories so it added up fast.)

Via_Crusis1689

Mar 27, 2014
If you can get into any custom recovery just flash a new rom. Or another custom recovery.

You can also put phone in download mode and use kies firmware upgrade and initialization.

I've tried flashing new ROMs with Odin, and they failed. Is there a different way to flash without Odin.

Kies won't recognize my phone.

ShaqB

Sep 13, 2013
Maybe is your usb cable try with another one .

Sent from my SGH-I717D using xda app-developers app

I've tried flashing new ROMs with Odin, and they failed. Is there a different way to flash without Odin.

Kies won't recognize my phone.

YES of course you can flash w/o Odin. Since you can boot into recovery then D/L a preferred ROM into an sd card, restart phone into recovery mode->install from sd card->select your rom->confirm.

Before installing execute clean install steps->F/R, wipe cache, davlik, format system, data, yada yada...