Stock Nexus 4 Boot Loop

Search This thread

dbappa

Aug 8, 2010
Hi,

I am trying in vain to fix my friend's Nexus 4. She started having problems with a boot loop around the same time as 4.4.3 (I think) but it just went away. Two days ago it came back, possibly around the time of 4.4.4 seeding, however this time it won't go away. I have been looking at threads throughout XDA for help and tried this thread for help. I have a GS4 myself and very little experience with ADB/SDK.

All efforts have failed. As well as the boot loop issue, recovery is broken limiting my options. I tried the "not lose any data" method in the link above but this didn't work. Next the Nexus Root Toolkit, however most of the time the program fails as it says the download failed due to an MD5 mismatch. I have tried downloading the images directly from Google but still no luck - of all the 4.X images available only a couple will even allow me to try and install.

The first install didn't install, I noticed it mentioned the bootloader been locked several times - it recommended 'force flashing' providing I definitely have the right image. Several attempts later I managed to get the install working but it is still stuck on a boot loop (waited at least 15 minutes). Recovery is still broken. The only thing I have been able to do is unlock the bootloader.

So is there any hope? The device is pure stock, no alternative custom recovery or ROMs. Thanks.

dbappa

Aug 8, 2010
I think half the problem is I can't the USB drivers installed properly as the device isn't showing in Device Manager. Without been able to turn on the phone or enable USB Debugging, it won't let me.

EDIT - I tried another toolkit and eventually managed to get 4.2.2 installed. I have just updated the phone to 4.3 but it's been on the Google X screen for a while now :(

EDIT 2 - Fixed the above. I needed to downgrade the radio. Updating to 4.4 - no doubt I will go through the same hurdles.

EDIT 3 - An error occurred during installation.

Last edited: