[Q] Is there any way to restore stock audio to rooted DHD?

Search This thread

Muddyfunk

Sep 4, 2013
Bristol
Hi everyone; I've a rooted Desire HD running TakTik 4.4.2 and the audio doesn't sound right when I run a game or play music. The ROM came with DSP Manager which was uninstalled when I flashed AwesomeBeats. What I wanted to know: is there a way to restore any kind of equalizer that I set up when DSP was installed, back to how my DHD should sound? If I remember right, my equalizer was pretty much maxed out with DSP but now I get some 'bits' of sound missing or not sounding right when playing games etc. I've tried most of the ROM's from the kind devs here and I really want to stay with TakTik so I don't want to flash another if at all possible. (or reflash TakTik) Thanks

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
Hi everyone; I've a rooted Desire HD running TakTik 4.4.2 and the audio doesn't sound right when I run a game or play music. The ROM came with DSP Manager which was uninstalled when I flashed AwesomeBeats. What I wanted to know: is there a way to restore any kind of equalizer that I set up when DSP was installed, back to how my DHD should sound? If I remember right, my equalizer was pretty much maxed out with DSP but now I get some 'bits' of sound missing or not sounding right when playing games etc. I've tried most of the ROM's from the kind devs here and I really want to stay with TakTik so I don't want to flash another if at all possible. (or reflash TakTik) Thanks

Are you trying to restore TakTik's sound or the stock ROM's sound?

Muddyfunk

Sep 4, 2013
Bristol
Are you trying to restore TakTik's sound or the stock ROM's sound?

Hi bananagranola, thanks for replying; I'm not 100% happy with TakTik's sound, for some reason (it might be my DHD) it doesn't sound right so I suppose I'm looking to put the phone back to stock sound if possible. I did another clean install of TakTik yesterday and it's still the same and I've kinda experimented with other equalizers, even Beats and stuff.

Muddyfunk

Sep 4, 2013
Bristol
Stock sound needs a stock ROM. If you just want to go back to Taktik sound, just flash the ROM again without wiping. Since it's the same ROM it's not going to be dirty.

Thanks, yeah, I've done that. Is there nothing that's compatible with 4.4.2 that I can flash like Beats or something? . Just anything that will take out DSP etc and change the whole sound experience but keeping TakTik?

pat99

Dec 4, 2013
Dortmund
However you want.....I should suggest you to try out Viper4Android.

It's an .apk so either you place it into /system/priv-apps folder using Root Explorer or ES File manager. Or simply install as .apk file remove DSP Manager along with dspwrapper libs on system/lib/soundfx. Once that done reboot your device.

After reboot you should be able to see Viper4Android in your app drawer so choose it wisely which setting you're looking for in your device. Even you may have Stock kinda feeling on Any of your custom rom. For more information head over to Viper4Android thread links below;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Use different .irs files to customize the outcomes of sound.

Optionally:
Sample of readymade profiles are in my sign. Check them out. :)

'Njoy.

Reactions: Muddyfunk

Muddyfunk

Sep 4, 2013
Bristol

It's an .apk so either you place it into /system/priv-apps folder using Root Explorer or ES File manager. Or simply install as .apk file remove DSP Manager along with dspwrapper libs on system/lib/soundfx. Once that done reboot your device.

After reboot you should be able to see Viper4Android in your app drawer so choose it wisely which setting you're looking for in your device. Even you may have Stock kinda feeling on Any of your custom rom. For more information head over to Viper4Android thread links below;

Optionally:

'Njoy.

Really appreciate the trouble you've gone to with that, thanks. Will give your suggestion a go and see what happens. Thanks again

pat99

Dec 4, 2013
Dortmund
With V4A you can customize quality sound with whole new level.Here's some tips as below;

-Menu > UI Setting > Expert mode
-Under Convolver click on Impulse responce,it will make a folder in your sd card named Viper4Android and subfolder Kernel where you've to put .irs files.

All possible .IRS files you'll find under this thread below;
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2216193

Place .irs one by one and check which sound outcomes matches your taste. Once you pick one then you may further dig into it and make your own custom profile for Viper4Android.

Initially you might find it hard with setting up profile and other things but unless you try out yourself, you'll never ever enjoy the quality music.

***Plenty of Paid and Free .irs are available on Internet as well as here on xda so try looking more into it. I use HTC Beats Audio ((Z-Edition)) and beats pro+srs

Last edited:

Muddyfunk

Sep 4, 2013
Bristol
With V4A you can customize quality sound with whole new level.Here's some tips as below;

-Menu > UI Setting > Expert mode
-Under Convolver click on Impulse responce,it will make a folder in your sd card named Viper4Android and subfolder Kernel where you've to put .irs files.

All possible .IRS files you'll find under this thread below;
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2216193

Place .irs one by one and check which sound outcomes matches your taste. Once you pick one then you may further dig into it and make your own custom profile for Viper4Android.

Initially you might find it hard with setting up profile and other things but unless you try out yourself, you'll never ever enjoy the quality music.

***Plenty of Paid and Free .irs are available on Internet as well as here on xda so try looking more into it. I use HTC Beats Audio ((Z-Edition)) and beats pro+srs

Sounds good, excellent info, more thanks. Just doing everything you suggest in between fixing the car, loading music onto a USB drive, entertaining 5 kids and then some more. I really appreciate your input. Thanks.

Muddyfunk

Sep 4, 2013
Bristol
Thanks for your help

I just wanted to say thanks to dr.patron99 and bananagranola for their help. Problem solved; I changed to Gimmeabreak ROM (which incidentally is the best ROM I've used to date, and I've tried pretty much all of them). Sadly, my DHD is going to be passed to my son as I'm getting a new phone soon but I really wanted to say a huge thanks to all here at XDA for their advice and guidance, especially those developers who have given so much time and energy. Thanks. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be a pretty extensive mod, and I don't know of another one. Maybe someone else does.

Optionally:

'Njoy.